tryclo999

Mods For Console Players ? Ho Year ! Techland, Break The Rules !

The best mods utilisation is a modification of the gameplay of a game, for me its the most important thing mods do.

If Techland give to the console players a little system into the soft of Dying Light for modify and select parameter, its a revolution for console player.

A game is a game, and break the rules or create new rules for a game is a amazing experience for all the gamer.

Mods must don't be just for PC elitist gamer, its not cool...

Techland, you can create new rules for console games ! The Implementation of a system of mods on console can be a revolutionnary in game design for video games on console, i'm serious. If you make this, you create new rules for the future of video game.

Make the good decision. Make the future. Make mods on console !!!

And yess, i'm fan of your work !

Remenber this: http://www.giantbomb.com/game-genie/3000-21/

Edited by tryclo999

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it impossible to access the game files on a console game? I've never used a console aside from using it as a paper weight, so I wouldn't know... Even if it was possible, Techland, don't waste your time on it. Focus on the modding tools for PC, please.

I made an account just so I could comment on this.

You can't make mods on a console because you have to have control of game files and minor control of the platform the game plays on. On consoles we have marginal game control and zero platform control.

If you're upset about modding not being available on console then whine at Sony and Microsoft.

Otherwise, welcome. PC Gaming Master Race.

I actually made an account on here just to reply myself. If you are a pc gamer like myself then you should know that the servers these games run on are the same. The only.possible difference would be dedicated or not. But updating the servers for a mod on the console could be just as easy as it would be on a pc seeing as i have Done it myself. It is possible for modding a game on a console. People just dont like to take the time to do it.

I'm sorry Walshs, but you really couldn't be more wrong.

First of all, I'm not just a gamer. I'm also a computer technician and developer. The 'server' everything runs on is most likely a master list server. When you host a game and people join YOU are the server. There's no reason to set up dedicated servers for each game created, so they don't. 

Look, we just can't make mods on consoles. We don't have access to the dev kits for Xbox One and we just don't have access to the game files on a console. You're not going to get people making mods on a PC and porting them to console. It's not hard to do, it's nearly impossible.

Dying Light PC and console are very similar, and in some cases identical, but the code is different, the systems are different and we do not have access to the console's OS. You don't get mods on closed platforms. It's for that reason that PC gaming is considered superior by many; we control the environment, which means we can change things. Which is what modding is.

And you know what, you suck. You're calling Techland lazy with saying that they won't take the time, instead of educating yourself on the subject you just throw out useless chupacabra. I think they are the antithesis of lazy and you should feel bad for making such an insinuation.

TL;DR, There is no such thing as modding (beyond hacking) on consoles, and even if it does one day come, it will never be as sophisticated as PC mods. Join the Gaming Master Race or feed us with your tears! :D

Edited by Firesworn

Then explain how i can get in a modded gta v lobby on the ps3... It is possible whether it would be legal or not for sony it could on their end. I take offense to you in you insinuating that i am accusing of them not attempting such a feat. But it is possible and i have wittnessed it, (not hacked). Modded. I have been into computers for the better part of 20 years and i enjoy my pc gaming more than consoles. But i would still like to see this done on a console so i dont have to change much about my gaming experience other than, keyboard... And controller. So I am sorry that your mind can't fathom a change of this nature and that sooner or later it will be a reality, hopefully sooner than later.

Just because one game has a community that released a series of (illegal) mods doesn't mean you can extend modding to other console games. GTA's and Dying Light's coding and engines couldn't be more different. What you're displaying here is a logical fallacy called Faulty Comparison. Just because A and B are similar doesn't mean A and C are. 

Let's also talk about the fact that consoles run their games at an exact framerate, normally 30 FPS. There's a big push to get them on 60 FPS, but most are the former. If you add mods you add scripts, higher quality textures, new particles and even entirely new coded systems. All this stuff needs processing power and current consoles are already pushed to the limit. Some games are even unavailable in 1080p because they're pretty under-powered when put up against even a standard desktop PC. This is a hardware limitation and this means that mods made for a console wouldn't be able to be prettier or more complex than systems that are currently running.

By the way, consoles are impossible to code unless you have the Xbox/PS Dev Kits. Which they only give out to developers. As in companies who pay licensing fees. That's assuming that you can use the general dev kits to work with Dying Light, which may not even work if Techland customized their tools.

There are more points I could make about console development, but you really should go look into it yourself. Go surf Youtube and check out how games are made. Maybe then you'll appreciate what it is you're asking for. This reality of yours is a fantasy, and I hope you educate yourself. Knowledge is power, my friend, for to look like a fool on the Internet is death!

Just because one game has a community that released a series of (illegal) mods doesn't mean you can extend modding to other console games. GTA's and Dying Light's coding and engines couldn't be more different. What you're displaying here is a logical fallacy called Faulty Comparison. Just because A and B are similar doesn't mean A and C are. 

Whilst this is probably true, having mods albeit illegal on one console it disproves the statement that mods are impossible. 

What I think most of us console junkies would like is not a huge world builder but perhaps if someone creates some fun quests on PC, to have that added onto console content. I would assume loading a new area with the same texture as a previous area, with the same enemies and same physics will require the same processing power. No one is asking for 1000 zombies on our screen with customized appearances. But the potential for the game to be added to is surely there.

Putting it simply, the devs are able to make DLC. Why can't players creations be incorporated into consoles in a similar manner.  

That's definitely more in the realm of the possible, Airsickhydra, however still impractical. Those sorts of tools also require storage rights and the ability to edit files on the console hard drive. These sorts of permissions may not be available, but let's assume they are. It would be an incredible endeavor to try to create a front-end to the back-end engine and allow custom inputs. That sort of system would not only take the same amount of time as a DLC expansion, but would need to be loaded into memory along with the game, increasing the load on the system and degrading performance, which would have to be balanced by lowering quality of shadows or foliage. 

Keep in mind that when it comes to processing there's no such thing as a free lunch. If you're loading more worldspace it requires more processing power; rendering, nav meshes, decals, reflections, particles, sunrays, shadows, ect. All these little things add up and even a small amount of extra space can seriously impact performance. 

This is why PC gaming is the sole true home of modding. There are no performance limits and you can take advantage of incredible software that can enhance or replace aspects of the game. Such as the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE). These sorts of software could never be available on consoles, and that's entirely Sony/Microsoft's fault. An excellent comparison would be Skyrim PC vs Skyrim Xbox360. I have over 400 mods installed on my copy of Skyrim. It's an entirely different game in almost every way. Dying Light has the potential to support that kind of mod ecosystem, but that just can't happen for consoles. If Bethesda, the makers of the most moddable games in the world, can't bring modding to consoles then it can't be worth the trouble.

So sure, it's possible, but not even vaguely economical considering that Dying Light's PC sales are insane and the demand for console modding isn't enough for Microsoft and Sony to take it seriously. So it may as well be impossible.

And thus, my friends, the path of logic has ended. It's been a long, strange road but I hope you've all learned something.

I fly now, to bring the warmth of enlightenment to another thread! Goodbye..Goodbye.....Goodbye.....

Edited by Firesworn

That's definitely more in the realm of the possible, Airsickhydra, however still impractical. Those sorts of tools also require storage rights and the ability to edit files on the console hard drive. These sorts of permissions may not be available, but let's assume they are. It would be an incredible endeavor to try to create a front-end to the back-end engine and allow custom inputs. That sort of system would not only take the same amount of time as a DLC expansion, but would need to be loaded into memory along with the game, increasing the load on the system and degrading performance, which would have to be balanced by lowering quality of shadows or foliage. 

Keep in mind that when it comes to processing there's no such thing as a free lunch. If you're loading more worldspace it requires more processing power; rendering, nav meshes, decals, reflections, particles, sunrays, shadows, ect. All these little things add up and even a small amount of extra space can seriously impact performance. 

This is why PC gaming is the sole true home of modding. There are no performance limits and you can take advantage of incredible software that can enhance or replace aspects of the game. Such as the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE). These sorts of software could never be available on consoles, and that's entirely Sony/Microsoft's fault. An excellent comparison would be Skyrim PC vs Skyrim Xbox360. I have over 400 mods installed on my copy of Skyrim. It's an entirely different game in almost every way. Dying Light has the potential to support that kind of mod ecosystem, but that just can't happen for consoles. If Bethesda, the makers of the most moddable games in the world, can't bring modding to consoles then it can't be worth the trouble.

So sure, it's possible, but not even vaguely economical considering that Dying Light's PC sales are insane and the demand for console modding isn't enough for Microsoft and Sony to take it seriously. So it may as well be impossible.

And thus, my friends, the path of logic has ended. It's been a long, strange road but I hope you've all learned something.

I fly now, to bring the warmth of enlightenment to another thread! Goodbye..Goodbye.....Goodbye.....

Cool story!

Although impractical i'm still going to hope that the devs at least take inspiration from popular mods and use those ideas within their DLC. It might not be "mods for consoles" but it'll be user inspired content. 

Ok, maybe we console gamers can't/don't have as many liberties in-game as PC players, but tht dosent mean, we have to miss out on the experience we want!!! We can't do everything with our consoles tht y'all can do on PC, but there are ways, of making everyone happy. Cause currently consoles players are working hard to mod, otherwise called a glitch/bug for us on the consoles. So tell me why techland can't throw us a bone, by leaveing us a glitch/bug for us to take full advantage of???