Sign in to follow this  
Royal Palms Resort Guide

What About Dying Light Grabbed Your Attention? (Conversation From Facebook)

Let's continue this conversation from the Dying Light Facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/DyingLightGame)

Dying Light team asks:

So we have a few questions for you.
1- What about Dying Light grabbed your attention?
2- What's the first thing you'll do when you get the game?

Let us know - we love hearing from you.

This forum thread can allow us to develop our thoughts more, and it might also reach some people who have not seen this post. What's your story?

Edited by Royal Palms Resort Guide

1-As a Dead Island lover, I've kept up with any Dead Island and Techland news for a long time. Dying Light has my 3 favorite elements: zombies, open world, and rpg. I must admit though that all the advertising for Dying Light regarding [a] "be the zombie" mode and  competitive co-op activities such as get-to-location-x-first for a bonus have zero appeal for me. I play solo 90% of the time, and when I do co-op, I have no interest in any competitive elements whatsoever. I would have been more interested to see the Dying Light devs talk about the various maps, any new elements of the open world, the swimming. (I recall Maciej Binkowski mentioning that Dying Light has two main maps and each could contain the size of Dead Island, plus there are a few smaller areas. Also, I saw some underwater swimming in one video.) [citations not included, but I could try to locate them upon request]

2-First thing? Man, I just want to explore a little bit first. See how my weapon swings, try the kick and the slide kick, throw a zombie against a spike fence. Then I want to locate a chest that holds a weapon, go inside those gorgeous indoor locations that we've seen in demos. I'll probably finish the first quest soon, and then play in the sandbox for around an hour before I go to the next NPC for a mission. When I played Dead Island, I played Xian first, and during that time, I knew I had 3 more characters to try after. Dying Light doesn't have that, and while that is a limitation, I can already see Dying Light has a ton to offer.

PS: If there are any dynamic events, I'll be looking for those right away. Dynamic events such as the random occurrence of people who need saving, or human enemies. Dynamic events are the fresh lifeblood of an open world, and those will be essential to future open world next-gen games. (See my thread in the Hellraid Forum "What can Hellraid learn from the Nemesis System from "Shadow of Mordor"?)

Edited by Royal Palms Resort Guide

i saw dying light and 3 words stuck in my head, free-running, zambies, melee. and now i have a preorder for £39.99 and £0.00 anywhere else, so im gonna be having alot of indoor time in jan-feb with this and evolve

Well, I'm a complete sucker and am obsessed with two things I want in Gaming. One would be pure Virtual Reality gaming (Say like what you may find in some animes of Hack.Sign or Sword Art Online) preferably one that's Melee-focused, medieval/sword-related. The second being mentioned just prior - Melee. I 'LOVE' melee-focused games, HOWEVER, Bethesda's Oblivion/Elder Scrolls series are abysmal, garbage melee systems, where they were a great improvement and leap from the style barely being done - it was still hollow, the hitting, slashing, bashing had Zero impact, just all whiffs as you swung at your enemy. THEN I got Condemned 2 and I bloody loved it. SO - I was attracted to the fact that thank bloody god, MELEE HITS are powerful-feeling, they must have Impact, they must have great feedback that you ARE HITTING, the zombie. Without that, even that alone. I'd not have bought the game. Even Killingfloor 2 will likely not have as delicious of a melee system, as for them they focus on Gibs and blood effects and slicing enemies in half - while entertaining, Physical/Bludgeoning blows and reaction is what counts, and is not what it is mastering, different style of 'Feedback'. The rest is, I appreciate the visuals and that it's not a style that's similar to Dead Island.

Punch or get the first bludgeoning weapon I can find and slaughtering as much as I can until satisfied.

I will make i short, i love games that try/ do something new, or something in a special way...

I played all the juarez games, and i love the moveving and handling. When i first play the second juarez games, on console and trying the movement, the fun peek around automatic cover system inthat game was something special !!! I dont think many people gave it the credit it should have had !!

Anyway i follow the work of techland and when dead island came out it was an instant buy :-)

Dead island 2 was just....i dont know...not interresting

And here we are at dying light, and im back for more techland again.