George Tatoulis

Developer Feedback

agreed but the timer must reset after each nest destroyed

add time rather then reset like say you have 20 mins to start and destroying a nest adds 2-5mins would work better more players less time start with and added every extra player is 1 min so 4 players 17 mins with 2 mins added per nest destroyed

A timer might be too harsh - just adding an inactivity timer would be enough.

Make it short - the same kind of timer as Safe Houses and Water. Humans shouldn't be completely immobile for more than a minute if they're actually playing, and it will keep max-level Hunters from wasting their time against AFK opponents.

I Believe a Timer is Viable.

Because Humans Trolling the Night Hunter in a Good Defensive Location is very Frustrating. And even more so when the Humans make no Effort to move towards Nests.

Having a Timer of some sort will stop this type of Behaviour.

NERF THE DAMN UV LIGHT ALREADY SO chupacabra how can u expect a hunter to even play if people just camo then uv spam him to death u cant move when ur stamina drained and gp is chupacabra fix the uv light alreadu

NERF THE DAMN UV LIGHT ALREADY SO chupacabra how can u expect a hunter to even play if people just camo then uv spam him to death u cant move when ur stamina drained and gp is chupacabra fix the uv light alreadu

or maybe get good as a hunter if i can kill 3 flare spammers and 1 uv light person(they stuck together) prepatch then it should be easy enough to handle 1 or 2 post patch if you dont use your brain you dont deserve to win 

the uv light shouldnt be used to play hunt the hunter(i do that in any 2/3/4v1 match) it should be used as a short range defence against the pounce

I agree with the UV light being used as a defensive tool as well. It should not allow you to chase the night hunter who has an insane amount of mobility.

Please Devs :-/ take note

I have an idea for dropkicks.

What if the power of your dropkick was determined by how many steps you took. So in order to get the animation that sends the night hunter flying you would need to take let's say 7-10 steps. Anything else and the night hunter will not flinch.

Not sure how hard this is to implement but it would definitely make sense gameplay wise. I'm not sure how initiating a dropkick from a few inches away can send a night hunter flying like 15 feet.

Edited by jcks

Im just so tired of the dodge/dropkick mechanic. Survivors are starting to realize that spamming dodge is a "catch all" maneuver, spamming one button and moving in any direction while using your UV flashlight counters almost everything the hunter can throw at you. Im not saying its impossible to kill these guys, all im saying is this maneuver is way to easy to pull off as the survivor, and far to effective vs. the hunter. 1v2+ using this method is clearly overpowered, and needs to be addressed in some way.

Ideas:

- Shorten dodge distance or lengthen the time is takes to execute. I don't want dodge to be taken out, that would be silly. But its does need to be tweaked.

or

- Shorten spit explosion timer. You can dodge twice in the amount of time it takes to explode. You only need to dodge once to be out of the explosion.

or

- Put dodge and tackle counter on different keys. Having them on the same key takes out the whole "well timed" factor when it comes to dodging tackles. You should have to choose if you want to counter a tackle or a ground and pound.

or

- Quicken the hunters charged ground and pound walk speed. If you're going to let dodge spamming slide then at least give hunters something they can use consistently against it.

or

- Automatically shut off the UV flashlight during a dodge. To win a 1v1 you should have to time your moves not just spam them.

Dropkicks are a whole other issue. They really are just an extra ability that survivors have that is almost unavoidable. They really don't need to use it. I cant think of one situation where a dropkick saved a survivors life. The only time this ability is being used is to animation lock the hunter. Sure the hunter can charge his GnP mid animation and hopefully shut the lock down, but that is only in a 1v1 situation, and doesn't work half the time because of survivor having high maneuverability in close quarters. My point is that the dropkick is unneeded. Its an ability that only causes an unbalance. The hunter has to charge his GnP to execute, has a visual warning when charged, and can be dodged very easily. None of these things apply to the dropkick. Also it only takes 3 dropkicks to kill a hunter while taking 5 GnPs to kill a human. So the two abilities really shouldn't be compared, as ive seen devs even do. If you guys want to keep this ability and its animation lock in the game, then at the very least nerf the damage it causes to the hunter.

Im just so tired of the dodge/dropkick mechanic. Survivors are starting to realize that spamming dodge is a "catch all" maneuver, spamming one button and moving in any direction while using your UV flashlight counters almost everything the hunter can throw at you. Im not saying its impossible to kill these guys, all im saying is this maneuver is way to easy to pull off as the survivor, and far to effective vs. the hunter. 1v2+ using this method is clearly overpowered, and needs to be addressed in some way.

Ideas:

- Shorten dodge distance or lengthen the time is takes to execute. I don't want dodge to be taken out, that would be silly. But its does need to be tweaked.

or

- Shorten spit explosion timer. You can dodge twice in the amount of time it takes to explode. You only need to dodge once to be out of the explosion.

or

- Put dodge and tackle counter on different keys. Having them on the same key takes out the whole "well timed" factor when it comes to dodging tackles. You should have to choose if you want to counter a tackle or a ground and pound.

or

- Quicken the hunters charged ground and pound walk speed. If you're going to let dodge spamming slide then at least give hunters something they can use consistently against it.

or

- Automatically shut off the UV flashlight during a dodge. To win a 1v1 you should have to time your moves not just spam them.

Dropkicks are a whole other issue. They really are just an extra ability that survivors have that is almost unavoidable. They really don't need to use it. I cant think of one situation where a dropkick saved a survivors life. The only time this ability is being used is to animation lock the hunter. Sure the hunter can charge his GnP mid animation and hopefully shut the lock down, but that is only in a 1v1 situation, and doesn't work half the time because of survivor having high maneuverability in close quarters. My point is that the dropkick is unneeded. Its an ability that only causes an unbalance. The hunter has to charge his GnP to execute, has a visual warning when charged, and can be dodged very easily. None of these things apply to the dropkick. Also it only takes 3 dropkicks to kill a hunter while taking 5 GnPs to kill a human. So the two abilities really shouldn't be compared, as ive seen devs even do. If you guys want to keep this ability and its animation lock in the game, then at the very least nerf the damage it causes to the hunter.

ill give you an example of a tactical dropkick

i dropkicked a hunter pass a red barrel swapped to gun and shot barrel as he goes to tackle me 

but i do agree reduce damage and make uv flashlight unusable during dodge and dropkicks 

if someone has the night hunter booster on they can kill a hunter in less then half the time of recovery from ground pound

they need to either add a cd to night hunter booster(or just limit the amount of items usable in btz) as what can a hunter take to increase their abilities ??

My point was the ability is unneeded. Its way to offensive when the whole point of being survivor is to protect yourself while destroying nests. I didn't say you couldn't use a dropkick for tactical purposes. Just that you don't need to. If you're dropkicking the hunter, then you probably already had the upper hand in the engagement... Its just to easy to pull off, can be done without warning or any way to avoid it. Dropkick combined with dodge spamming is just nonsense. I only ask for tweaks to these abilities to make them a bit more manageable.

My point was the ability is unneeded. Its way to offensive when the whole point of being survivor is to protect yourself while destroying nests. I didn't say you couldn't use a dropkick for tactical purposes. Just that you don't need to. If you're dropkicking the hunter, then you probably already had the upper hand in the engagement... Its just to easy to pull off, can be done without warning or any way to avoid it. Dropkick combined with dodge spamming is just nonsense. I only ask for tweaks to these abilities to make them a bit more manageable.

i personally find nonstop dodge is worst then dropkick 

Survivor Sense, gives the Humans 24/7 Situational Awareness, It should Only be the Night Hunter who can Track 24/7.

The Night Hunter Telegraphs His Position in the Following Ways:

• Heavy Breathing.
  • Heavy Footsteps.
  • Tendril Sounds.
  • Howling, and Howl Glow.
  • Orange Pulse that Radiates Environment.
  • Spit Sounds, and Spit Warning Indicator.
  • Your Character Saying, Something Not Right, I Can Feel it.

In My opinion, Survivor Sense is not Necessary, Working as a Team, Using Sight and Hearing is enough. This would add to Team Work and make this Mode a lot more Exciting.

^ He nailed it.

If you do this you can probably keep everything else the way it is. Because the hunter has the ability to actually use stealth!

That said, I don't think you should be detected by the sound of heavy breathing or footsteps since the hunter always creates these sounds...

something that no one has mentioned, cars, the Night Hunter can't hide behind cars because is useless, don't cover you from the uv light

Also The Survivor Master Race😎 should not be able to use the uv light if he is in the water -.- the Night Hunter can't pounce Survivor Master Race😎 if he is in the water...why the Survivor Master Race😎 can use the uv light then?

Please fix the areas that should be safe zones, i.e. the underground room surrounded by a fence in the slums at the gas depot. The only way the zombie can get in is to swin under water and all they have to do is spam uv and your dead, only way around it is uv spit and little luck.

video as exp.

[post=https://youtu.be/RSFicSyb7jM][/post]

There is another in Old town which is also underground and under water which as a jail door the humans can close that the zombie can't open.... Don't feed the Trolls!

Edited by The_Dro_

24 deaths ? Guuuaaaat? Hahahaha dude...do you know that that room have another enter? XD

This Room has one way in and thats swimming in the tunnel like I did. Of course I died a ton its an exploit area for Humans. But I still won, basically cause I'm stubborn lol

I think there are more area in slum which swimming only the way to get in, destiny loot cave maybe? i forget which one

btw you are stubborn indeed one and half hour for one match :D

Please fix the areas that should be safe zones, i.e. the underground room surrounded by a fence in the slums at the gas depot. The only way the zombie can get in is to swin under water and all they have to do is spam uv and your dead, only way around it is uv spit and little luck.

video as exp.

[post=https://youtu.be/RSFicSyb7jM][/post]

There is another in Old town which is also underground and under water which as a jail door the humans can close that the zombie can't open.... Don't feed the Trolls!