George Tatoulis

Developer Feedback

Personally for me, playing as a human / survivor has been ruined by this patch.  I know a lot of people feel like the cards were stacked against them as hunters, and I can get behind many of the changes that they made, but making the nests THIS impossible to kill as well as all of the zombies is a little bit ridiculous.  I can understand the need to balance things out and remove one hit kills against the night hunter, nests and zombies... but now it takes 10 or more hits to kill a nest with a 2300 damage weapon?  Couldn't we split the difference and have it take say... 5 hits to kill a nest?  And the zombies are too much as well.  Before a game of mine gets invaded it takes 2 hits to kill a zombie... suddenly after a night hunter invades their skin turns to kevlar and it takes 10.

The night hunter has more than enough tools at his disposal to take care of humans... they just needed to be balanced a little bit and the spamming had to be patched, but this goes too far in my opinion.  I came across MANY of hunters who had the chops to take us down... and we weren't spamming flares or anything, only playing totally legit.  I think over time people are going to turn the feature off, and you're going to find it harder and harder to find matches.  I used to love playing as a human, but these new changes has turned me off.  They tipped the scales TOO much in the favor of the hunter.

There are a lot of good tactics for human players here. I'll point some out:

• Take care of the nest defenses first. Zombies can still be taken out in one hit. Combine tackle with the ground finisher and you have one zombie down in less than 5 seconds. There's also camouflage combined with stealth take down, that didn't go away. The damage scaling for this mode was meant to stop people from speeding through nests, now you have to actually approach each nest with some thought.
  • Use your surroundings. Setting off a propane tank near a volatile spawn will kill it instantly, saving you time on having to hack away at it.
  • Make use of every skill you have. As a survivor you still retain the large amount of skills obtained from the main campaign, each still being useful against the survivor. Things like Death From Above, throwing your weapons, Drop Kicks, Tackles, etc. are all things that work well against the night hunter. Having just flares, UV flashlight and NH potions with some broken weapon is no longer enough to win. You need to play smarter than that now.

I think people are too used to playing this mode one way as a survivor and are way to quick to judge the patch. It is still entirely possible to win you just need to not play so braindead now because against good night hunters that type of play will no longer be effective.

I like the tips that you have given to human players, but Bananagoo (ha) is right.  Techland has tipped the scales too far in the hunter's favor.  The sense of urgency that came with being the hunter is completely gone now.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but now each match can take anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes to complete (yes, matches can end faster against less skilled opponents).  That's just ridiculous.  We need to reach a better middle ground here.  

I say keep the current hit points on the nest, but reduce the hit points on the zombie body guards.  As I was testing the new patch as a human, this was far and away the most blatantly excessive addition to the mode.  Sure you can tackle and curb stomp, but there are so many around the nests that this isn't all that effective as you need some momentum to perform the attack.  

You also said the camouflage takedowns work well as an alternative.  This was only working on the walkers for me.  Runners were seeing past my disguise and slapping me around in groups of 3 to 4 after a friend and I had already cleared the area and began wailing on the nest.  It's possible that this could be a glitch as I did run into a couple last night, most notably a VOLATILE showing up at a nest during an invasion.  

As far as throwing your weapons goes, I never actually thought to do this.  How effective is it against the nest bodyguards?

So, in my opinion, I really think that the nest bodyguards (specifically the runners) should have half as much health or maybe only show up when tagged with a horde spit.  

That kill at 11:30 was awesome... until the blatantly duped inventory was shown 10 seconds later.

How hard is it to be a Survivor and not run around with 99 hunter potions? People still cant play this game without cheating?

That video did have some good tips in it, thanks. But I still think it is a bit uneven in certain departments, and a YouTube video showing someone with a heavily duped inventory chugging hunter potions every 2 minutes only serves to convince me that the best way to win is to cheat a little. I will of course be trying new techniques, but I still think it would be better or more interesting to have the nests take less hits, and maybe give the hunter the ability to re-spawn nests that have been taken down.

Maybe the new Gold tier weapons will do a little better than my puny Katana... i'll keep trying for sure, it just sucks to have THIS much of a gap introduced so suddenly. It's like playing basketball for months and then having someone deflate the ball on you overnight instead of gradually.

Tomorrow i can upload a match without any potion :) just for you guys or better, hunt me...psn: No_Other_xD

2146k money!!!! You could buy whole Harran. I had maybe 60- 70k.

I eventually can understand some people who rob or steal big money to have benefits of it in real life but i fail to understand why people do it in already easy game. You wont transfer it to your bank account. Mature person would never do that mate. I wouldn`t also dare to post anything that proofs it if I did it. Guess we are different people.

Edited by MORD

-Item cooldown 10seconds for each item use when u use that item any other items switched too will carry over the cooldown so no item spamming

-UV range is retarded nerf it and its effectiveness the light last so long it can drain u twice before it even runs out and the CD on it is insane it up in seconds

-Dodge Kick Pounce uv interuption DFA DK all these actions need to be looked at and tweaked for multiplayer vs they are to strong i die in three DP and one DFA and once they jump u cant escape the animation it locks you down not even hunter pounce does that they can still throw a flare mid pounce or use uv light

-ENDGAME SKILLS i suggest taking these out of multiplay so player have stamina so they cant just jump around n do w.e like there invisable sure in singleplayer its all fun but when ur in vs they have infinite stamina running hitting power hits jump kicks DFA dodging GP TACKLES AND SPITS this make it so they can just run around freely without any conciquence to any mistakes they made like throwing a weapon or missed power hit or a missed dodge so they have to regen stamina like the hunter

-Melee damage the damage on the nest is perfect beside people just molotoving it and running to the next one or spamming airstrike flares yes people still spam flares patch didnt fix it but yes melee is to underscaled with the night hunter i mean most of the zombies in single player are more effective than your character the night hunter a stun if a successfull GP would be nice otherwise TACKLE GP and CQC is utterly useless no damage unlimited human dodging it and the have ranged weapons we dont

-Health why is it the humans have all these advantages at end game humans get 200 health and id say the average humans got about 60-80healthpacks so why are they more tanky then we are in multiplayer the health should scale to 100 or 150 or make nighthunter health scale to 200-250 

-Hunter cooldown the cooldowns on the hunter in 1v1 which is most of the games i get on internet if anything is use or missed the human can get 1 to 2 nest before my skills come back up because they know we are useless cqc this needs to change make it so hunters cooldown is shorter TBH what i do is once i kill them i just die in a safe zone so i can get my skill back faster than being alive its worth it

-Zombie there are no zombies in the streets no zombies on the roofs no zombies anywere but the nest there needs to be some kinda work to get to the nest beside pinging the nighthunter n watching his every move till you get to the nest some freaking zombies would be nice so we can battle them none stop instead of waiting for the ideal time to get them at the nest

there are so many issue with mutliplayer its not even funny and to make ur first patch come out and say u balanced anything is a joke all you did was make people find new ways to troll and abuse the fresh mechanics of the game a balanced patch would you guys actaully be buffing the nighthunter in some way then just leaving him alone BTW people still two power hit hunters

tell me how in-game money is an advantage against the Night Hunter? ok I admit that I did wrong but that make no difference in BtZ mode, i can prove it anytime and I will :P

Eh, money's not so much of an issue, though it does allow you to purchase infinite supplies/weapons when they are available. Items, however, definitely are.

Potions, especially, since they turn 3- to 4-hit kills against the Humans into 5-6, and with infinite medkits it becomes fairly difficult to kill Humans beyond multiple Horde explosions or Pounce. And that's not even pointing out all the other benefits of the Potion, such as the extra power to your attacks. Since you're required to finish/win a BtZ match just to get the Gland, you rarely see more than 1-2 per match in situations outside of duping. Stocks need to be maintained for emergencies, if nothing else.

Overall items are the same - there's no worry for the Humans about crafting/using up items between matches if they have infinite supplies. Items like Zaid Flares require more materials to craft, and can therefore be sparse if used continuously throughout matches.

The gameplay was sick, Other, but I gotta agree with the others on this - duped inventories don't have a place in BtZ matches. They're the reason all these patches are being employed in the first place.

The hard mode version of medkits are pretty balanced for this mode. I don't mind if the have a million of those because it doesn't instantly heal damage but acts more as a health regen. You can still apply pressure this way and even get a kill.

What I hate the most is night hunter and cloak potions. Those two don't need to be infinite in this mode as it applies endless buffs to a survivor whenever they want. You should have to work to get increased speed/damage or mask yourself from hordes and you should only be able to use it when you need it not have it constantly active during the whole match. These can be classified as perks because they're stat boosters and as such they need to be integrated into this mode in a more balanced way. Maybe have a set number that you're allowed to carry into a match, having an infinite amount ruins it.

Edited by jcks

The hard mode version of medkits are pretty balanced for this mode. I don't mind if the have a million of those because it doesn't instantly heal damage but acts more as a health regen. You can still apply pressure this way and even get a kill.

What I hate the most is night hunter and cloak potions. Those two don't need to be infinite in this mode as it applies endless buffs to a survivor whenever they want. You should have to work to get increased speed/damage or mask yourself from hordes and you should only be able to use it when you need it not have it constantly active during the whole match. These can be classified as perks because they're stat boosters and as such they need to be integrated into this mode in a more balanced way. Maybe have a set number that you're allowed to carry into a match, having an infinite amount ruins it.

Even the cloak potions aren't that bad - they're a regular item you can craft in a game.

But anytime I see 99 Night Hunter Potions, it burns my britches. You get the materials for one for completing/winning a match. No reason any Hunter should be facing multiple potion drinks per life and one after each successful kill.

They built the night hunter to be a fast ambush predictor. His weakness was toe to toe. He is a zombie built for speed, aoe and ambush. He controls the high ground and cover the map six times fast than hunter. It tells you in game if hunter separates your team your done. Why? Because you will burn your light staying with a mobile hunter.The devs told you ground pound area is bigger than drop distance. Hunters are not built to go toe to toe. If you stay moving survivor flash lights burn out. If you flee the drop kick instead of duking it out your health will regenerate. Survivors loose do to attrition. Hunters when from their speed and weapons.Both have advantages and disadvantages. Do`s and don'ts. If you can find a hunters that watches the flashlight icon on survivor, game over. And I'm talking console, not inis file altered pc.

Here, new video, from today at 11am, 12 minutes match against a lvl.31 Night Hunter :) no potions, no nothing just skill, proving that the inventory have 0 plus against the Night Hunter, hope you guys learn some tips and enjoy

https://youtu.be/NnxB7EomJaM

In this video im using my first ever Save Game, 100% leg!g, I stop using it cuz of the bug of never reach lvl.25 survivor.

Here, new video, from today at 11am, 12 minutes match against a lvl.31 Night Hunter :) no potions, no nothing just skill, proving that the inventory have 0 plus against the Night Hunter, hope you guys learn some tips and enjoy

https://youtu.be/NnxB7EomJaM

In this video im using my first ever Save Game, 100% leg!g, I stop using it cuz of the bug of never reach lvl.25 survivor.

Nice gameplay!

I don't want you to think I believe all Human players are cheats or something - I'm just against the mentality of players bringing any sort of duped inventory into the game, or using any exploits for that matter - Hunter or Human.

It's a good sign that you were able to win without any of the exploits, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it "prov[es] that the inventory ha 0 plus against the Night Hunter." It just means you're a skilled player, and that it's possible for Humans to play this game without dipping into the dark side of things.

Please Devs, make a better Search Filter for BtZ mode...separe Normal Mode from Hard Mode :) i want to play against ppl who have their game on Hard like me xD

they need to add a few quick join search features on the xbox that includes : zombie enabled , normal or hard , progress , and maybe even level of people your joining (i personally like to join low levels to aid them)

im just curious if playing on hard mode actually effects when invaded or not 

You know I find it funny that humans have more than the actual all powerful Hunter I mean its not a big deal but that extra 50 points of health gives humans an edge. Why must the hunter have 150 compared to humans that have 200 health who also constantly used their set of glitch medpacks every time I hit them.

Today I have fought survivor who had no effort in clearing 1 plus 0.5 of nest (solo) during the time of my hunter's death and return to place of combat.

Any death of a hunter in vicinity of nest means this nest is lost. How do you people come with a claim that nests are very hard to kill is beyond me.

Nests should have enough health so hunter dying defending full hp nest could have one more chance at saving it.

God dammit at least re spawn him closer... as hunter spawns nest is usually still alive with little hp as he returns to location it's dead and I move very very fast as hunter.

Please fix The 9 Lives lost I'll just Abort to avoid defeat Survivor Host Bullcrap

Migrate the host to Zombie and award me my darn victory

better fix is if theres a abort the win goes to who had most objective done 1 nest is worth 2 lives so if i destroy 3 nests and you kill me 5 times and abort happens then i get win but if 3 nests 7 lives you win , if its a tie it goes to hunter

The Abort is no accident, it's forced by pulling the plug

actually my internet can drop out , and im sure theres others or if theres a power outage , doesnt mean it was on purpose (though i do think 75-80% of all aborts are 

i have had aborts when a zombie invaded me before we even go close to each other 

i do think they need to fix abort though