George Tatoulis

Developer Feedback

still fucked up the uv light needs less battery and range the weapons again need nerf im still getting two hit the potions need to go as well as the flares img etting 1hour games were they just sit on roof tops n throw flares even with a uv spit on them they still pulled so many out it didnt work the sonar should be removed OR all the regular zombies in single player should be in TBZ

Patch isn't out yet, all that except the UV light should be resolved on Tuesday.

Edited by jcks

So I can't find anyone on PS4 right now. I don't know if it's because people are butthurt about the patch changes or if it's something else. I'm really enjoying the game right now but I have yet to play more than 9 minutes without someone leaving the match.

Well I just finished my first full length match. 3v1 against two campers and one completely clueless survivor. I was able to draw out the campers by annihilating their oblivious companion 6 times in a row. After which they all decided bunch up together in a small hut on the river and hand me a leap frog opportunity on a silver platter. I will make sure to upload this one tomorrow.

These changes are great, I'm even more addicted to headbutting peoples bodies to bits. I even ran into an old adversary of mine who abused the ever living fluff out of the EXPcalibur. I was pleasantly surprised when it took him even more hits than it takes me to kill one human. After the first death he decided I was no longer worth his time and left the match. I can't tell how long I've wanted for that moment, thank you Techland.

The one thing I'm not so keen on right now is the tutorial video at the start of each match. I'm a level 50 night hunter, I'm well aware of how this game works. Other than that I am really loving this patch even if drop kicks are still the dumbest close range attack ever.

+1

Edit: Lol I'll take you up on that offer tomorrow No_Other_xD

Edited by jcks

2400+ weapon takes 10 strikes to kill one spawn in nest. PLUS 10 to kill every zombie attacking you. The weakest hunters are now dominating. Before,the the good hunters would just kick your chupacabra in. The ones that had the timing down and could use ground pound. A Survivors never stood a chance against a good hunter. NOW, you spend all your time chopping away at ads until your occupied ENOUGH till the hunter can come flying in while you are so occupied. I enjoyed it and found it level, up till now. NOW the ads are killing me more than the hunter.All you had to do is fix the spit glitch.

Everyone on this whole thread is " Nerf the flash light!" "Stop the drop kick!" There hunters out there ,legit hunters, you can not touch. Swine , Brown and Cush, they are good. Real good. They know how too play. Stop whining. Practice. Get YOUR game together like they did. All this chupacabra started when they started giving trophies to kids who sucked. GEESH! Stop crying and just strive to get yourself better.

Everyone on this whole thread is " Nerf the flash light!" "Stop the drop kick!" There are hunters out there ,legit hunters, you can not touch. Swine, Brown and Kush,Just to name a few, that are good. Real good. They know how to play. Stop whining. Practice. Get YOUR game together like they did. All this chupacabra started when they started giving trophies to kids on the team who sucked. GEESH! Stop crying and just strive to get yourself better.

I think the best thing to do is organize a gaming night, where we add each other to the friends list, stream and play. We get on teamspeak and then discuss what we think went wrong and what could be done to improve it.

Right now its hard to judge anyone's opinion since i have no idea if the players giving out feedback are skilled or not...if an average hunter complains about stuff a skilled one can easily get over, than its useless feedback :\ (also the other way around, there are a lot of clueless survivors whining out there).

Edited by TheRA1DER

Everyone on this whole thread is " Nerf the flash light!" "Stop the drop kick!" There hunters out there ,legit hunters, you can not touch. Swine , Brown and Cush, they are good. Real good. They know how too play. Stop whining. Practice. Get YOUR game together like they did. All this chupacabra started when they started giving trophies to kids who sucked. GEESH! Stop crying and just strive to get yourself better.

Everyone on this whole thread is " Nerf the flash light!" "Stop the drop kick!" There are hunters out there ,legit hunters, you can not touch. Swine, Brown and Kush,Just to name a few, that are good. Real good. They know how to play. Stop whining. Practice. Get YOUR game together like they did. All this chupacabra started when they started giving trophies to kids on the team who sucked. GEESH! Stop crying and just strive to get yourself better.

Sounds like someone needs to take his own advice.

Now the real whiners are going to start showing up and complain that they don't have their ohks anymore.

Edited by jcks

The Night Hunter should be Powerful and Scary regardless of how many Players are in the Game.

And should be Accessable for the Pros (more power to ya) But also Accessible to Casual Players.

This is Good for Business and also Increases the Player Base.

Dying Light now uses Analytics, and Reports Game Data on how Matches Play Out.

And this Data will help shape the Changes in Future Patches.

The Night Hunter should be Powerful and Scary regardless of how many Players are in the Game.

This can't be stressed enough. The "ease" of killing an average Night Hunter player that Human players are so used to was an illusion, perpetrated by the unbalanced damage scaling and duped inventories.

The 180 in concerns we're seeing now is simply the consequence of having those unintended advantages taken away. Once everyone gets used to the new medium, the Humans will find new ways to engage. Much like the mode was supposed to be, perhaps this will encourage Humans banding together in dedicated teams to fight the monsters of the night, instead of leaving their games on and just jumping into fights for the fun of it.

There are plenty of skilled, legitimate Humans out there, but when 80% of them think cheating in online matches is a good idea, this is what happens. Things had to change.

This can't be stressed enough. The "ease" of killing an average Night Hunter player that Human players are so used to was an illusion, perpetrated by the unbalanced damage scaling and duped inventories.

The 180 in concerns we're seeing now is simply the consequence of having those unintended advantages taken away. Once everyone gets used to the new medium, the Humans will find new ways to engage. Much like the mode was supposed to be, perhaps this will encourage Humans banding together in dedicated teams to fight the monsters of the night, instead of leaving their games on and just jumping into fights for the fun of it.

There are plenty of skilled, legitimate Humans out there, but when 80% of them think cheating in online matches is a good idea, this is what happens. Things had to change.

I played as a human last night to see what had changed on that side. Jcks is right. The skill ceiling has risen dramatically. Sorry for doubting you, jcks.

But I feared the zombie for a different reason. When you get to a nest, there are zombies lingering there that take a ridiculous amount of hits to kill. So while you're busy dealing with zombies who seem invincible and are slapping you around, the hunter basically has a meal served on a golden platter.

I'm trying to find solutions for dealing with these zombies. So far flares seem to distract them, or at least keep them back long enough to heal yourself and get a location on the hunter.

Humans are going to have to play with rock solid teamwork now and a plan for every situation.

Also, for some reason my spits seem like they are taking a long time to recharge. I find myself literally sitting still and waiting for what seems like 60 or seconds or more.

I played as a human last night to see what had changed on that side. Jcks is right. The skill ceiling has risen dramatically. Sorry for doubting you, jcks.

But I feared the zombie for a different reason. When you get to a nest, there are zombies lingering there that take a ridiculous amount of hits to kill. So while you're busy dealing with zombies who seem invincible and are slapping you around, the hunter basically has a meal served on a golden platter.

I'm trying to find solutions for dealing with these zombies. So far flares seem to distract them, or at least keep them back long enough to heal yourself and get a location on the hunter.

Humans are going to have to play with rock solid teamwork now and a plan for every situation.

Also, for some reason my spits seem like they are taking a long time to recharge. I find myself literally sitting still and waiting for what seems like 60 or seconds or more.

Oh, I don't doubt it's gotten harder. I just think that's what it was supposed to be from the beginning.

Humans still have firecrackers and other methods to distract zombies, they just have to - and I really don't mean to sound like I'm chastising here - get used to not having an inventory consisting of UV Light - Grappling Hook - Night Hunter Potion - Flare/Zaid's Flare/Airstrike.

Night Hunters have always had to play cautiously and strategically, planning for every situation lest they get into a confrontation without any spits or UV Block to escape detainment. The Humans should be the same. What I mentioned before should make for much more interesting BtZ matches - Humans should start to realize that blindly jumping into BtZ matches alone isn't smart.

It should encourage teamwork, and matches consisting of 3-4 Humans more consistently, which is nothing but a win/win for the community. Whether or not those specific Human player who have been milking the exploits can get on that bandwagon is up to them.

still getting two hitted by human uv need a huge range reduction hunters need a melee buff and bigger cooldown on thos items so they cant just spam em camo and kick ect

hunters ground slam needs to knockback farther by the time im getting out of it they are hitting me already this is cheap BUFF THE HUNTER

If I am whining I'm whining about the whiners. A good, fully unlocked hunter was already getting ten kills before the third nest was destroyed. It did not needed to be patched to make it even. Needed to be patched to stop spamming spit and flares exploit. Survivor has drop kick and a death from above move. Hunter has pounce, hord, ground pound, tackle, no limit fall, twice the speed, and uv killer. It was built to take on four survivors from release of the game. I just do not see why now they get, more and tougher zombies in the environment. Quicker recharge on abilities. Harder to kill nests and you nerfed the survivors weapons. You say you want the hunter to be feared. It worked. Frightened those dollars back down deep into that wallet where he can't get them.

Hunter is still underpowered it has not melee and lets see hunter get horde witch u just space ur away from it even when sticked ground pound same tatics just spam that spacebar its 100percent chance to dodge it tackle just spam space bar then it goes straight to DFA animation gg twice the speed when ur uv goes  through the whole map n shines brighter than the batsignal lmao ur insane hunters are week uvkiller oo doesnt do anything when ur melee does no damage u have to ground pound 4-5 times praying they dont heal just to down then while u die in 2 hits pounce while uv block ya right that pc aimbot uv light never misses its rare recharge abilities we have like a 2m cooldown with 1 person thats insane yes when more people get involed yea little op but u humans have DFA DK Grappling hook camo flares bettter flares airstrike flares clock night hunter vision pots as well as like 3 others u get we effects that chupacabra the hunter up the humans are just tooo op its that damn uv light nerf it and ur multiplayer will get better and the down times for hunter is like 15 seconds to 20 seconds i think i counted so before u complain about the nest u can kill it in one hunter life and u can just molotov it iv seen that so many times

Personally for me, playing as a human / survivor has been ruined by this patch.  I know a lot of people feel like the cards were stacked against them as hunters, and I can get behind many of the changes that they made, but making the nests THIS impossible to kill as well as all of the zombies is a little bit ridiculous.  I can understand the need to balance things out and remove one hit kills against the night hunter, nests and zombies... but now it takes 10 or more hits to kill a nest with a 2300 damage weapon?  Couldn't we split the difference and have it take say... 5 hits to kill a nest?  And the zombies are too much as well.  Before a game of mine gets invaded it takes 2 hits to kill a zombie... suddenly after a night hunter invades their skin turns to kevlar and it takes 10.

The night hunter has more than enough tools at his disposal to take care of humans... they just needed to be balanced a little bit and the spamming had to be patched, but this goes too far in my opinion.  I came across MANY of hunters who had the chops to take us down... and we weren't spamming flares or anything, only playing totally legit.  I think over time people are going to turn the feature off, and you're going to find it harder and harder to find matches.  I used to love playing as a human, but these new changes has turned me off.  They tipped the scales TOO much in the favor of the hunter.

the only thing that patch really did is to slowdown the survivor YES you have to be more careful but seriously ... the NH is still under the survivor by far ... uv flare and flashlight are still here soooooo ... learn to be carefull maybe ?.?

Personally for me, playing as a human / survivor has been ruined by this patch.  I know a lot of people feel like the cards were stacked against them as hunters, and I can get behind many of the changes that they made, but making the nests THIS impossible to kill as well as all of the zombies is a little bit ridiculous.  I can understand the need to balance things out and remove one hit kills against the night hunter, nests and zombies... but now it takes 10 or more hits to kill a nest with a 2300 damage weapon?  Couldn't we split the difference and have it take say... 5 hits to kill a nest?  And the zombies are too much as well.  Before a game of mine gets invaded it takes 2 hits to kill a zombie... suddenly after a night hunter invades their skin turns to kevlar and it takes 10.

The night hunter has more than enough tools at his disposal to take care of humans... they just needed to be balanced a little bit and the spamming had to be patched, but this goes too far in my opinion.  I came across MANY of hunters who had the chops to take us down... and we weren't spamming flares or anything, only playing totally legit.  I think over time people are going to turn the feature off, and you're going to find it harder and harder to find matches.  I used to love playing as a human, but these new changes has turned me off.  They tipped the scales TOO much in the favor of the hunter.

You should watch this.

There are a lot of good tactics for human players here. I'll point some out:

• Take care of the nest defenses first. Zombies can still be taken out in one hit. Combine tackle with the ground finisher and you have one zombie down in less than 5 seconds. There's also camouflage combined with stealth take down, that didn't go away. The damage scaling for this mode was meant to stop people from speeding through nests, now you have to actually approach each nest with some thought.
  • Use your surroundings. Setting off a propane tank near a volatile spawn will kill it instantly, saving you time on having to hack away at it.
  • Make use of every skill you have. As a survivor you still retain the large amount of skills obtained from the main campaign, each still being useful against the survivor. Things like Death From Above, throwing your weapons, Drop Kicks, Tackles, etc. are all things that work well against the night hunter. Having just flares, UV flashlight and NH potions with some broken weapon is no longer enough to win. You need to play smarter than that now.

I think people are too used to playing this mode one way as a survivor and are way to quick to judge the patch. It is still entirely possible to win you just need to not play so braindead now because against good night hunters that type of play will no longer be effective.

Edited by jcks

That kill at 11:30 was awesome...  until the blatantly duped inventory was shown 10 seconds later.

How hard is it to be a Survivor and not run around with 99 hunter potions? People still cant play this game without cheating?

That video did have some good tips in it, thanks.  But I still think it is a bit uneven in certain departments, and a YouTube video showing someone with a heavily duped inventory chugging hunter potions every 2 minutes only serves to convince me that the best way to win is to cheat a little.  I will of course be trying new techniques, but I still think it would be better or more interesting to have the nests take less hits, and maybe give the hunter the ability to re-spawn nests that have been taken down.

Maybe the new Gold tier weapons will do a little better than my puny Katana... i'll keep trying for sure, it just sucks to have THIS much of a gap introduced so suddenly.  It's like playing basketball for months and then having someone deflate the ball on you overnight instead of gradually.

Edited by Bananagoo

My suggestions are fix the ratio of the distance at which the uv light takes away the stamina because its the same at all distances which is the equivalent of standing in his face, also to deal with the survivor sense make it so that if the hunter ducks he won't show up on the map.