George Tatoulis

Developer Feedback

Actually this gives me an idea.

What if you were only allowed to throw one flare at a time? So if you threw one you would have to wait for it to extinguish before throwing another. That could fix everything. Survivors keep their 100+ flares but the spam stops and Night Hunters still have a chance to capitalize on a kill from a UV spit.

Thoughts?

thats a good idea :o hope the devs take note

Survivor Sense, gives the Humans 24/7 Situational Awareness, It should Only be the Night Hunter who can Track 24/7.

The Night Hunter Telegraphs His Position in the Following Ways:

• Heavy Breathing.
  • Heavy Footsteps.
  • Tendril Sounds.
  • Howling, and Howl Glow.
  • Orange Pulse that Radiates Environment.
  • Spit Sounds, and Spit Warning Indicator. 
  • Your Character Saying, Something Not Right, I Can Feel it.

In My opinion, Survivor Sense is not Necessary, Working as a Team, Using Sight and Hearing is enough. This would add to Team Work and make this Mode a lot more Exciting.

This.

Some ideas from my side: (still thinking of new ones while playing)

- I do not like that hunter is invulnerable on successfull pounce, killing him should leave the pounced person on the ground, incapacitated.

- Ground Pound can be insanely spammed to death with survivor in the corner, needs cooldown & indication on the hud.

- Multiple pounce needs a limit to max 2 humans pounced (one left on the ground and second killed), no more than that. If you hit ur UV spit on all humans, getting rid of 2 in a row then another 2 will be fine.

- Tackle is too easy to avoid by just spamming space, needs tweaking/changes.

- Survivor sense: In BTZ put a few seconds cooldown on it and change it so it doesn't show position on the map and through walls unless you had visual contact with the hunter while activating it.

- In 1v4 situation cooldowns on spits and UV block should be a bit faster.

- Before game release you advertised this mode to be filled with zombies, while currently zombies appear to disppear when you get invaded, only few zombies are around the nests, WHY IS THAT?

- Limit the items humans can use per life, this applies to: medkits, grenades, molotovs, bombs, and most importantly: FLARES.

- Grappling Hook needs nerf in this mode, and overall in the game anyway.

- Camouflage needs nerfing, or change it so it doesn't reveal human location in long distance but it does outline them (but don't show nick) when close by (of course, when you do your 'reveal howl').

- Hunter is very weak in 1v1 situations, this really needs tweaking, humans has too much advantage here, I won 99% of my games as human vs hunters (even vs cheaters). You could always disable 1v1'ing and make this mode for minimum 2 humans. It was made for this anyway?!

- Horde spit is useless in Old Town most of the time. (that damn rooftops!)

- Animations blocks are annoying, for example after human evades your tackle or your pounce is interrupted, if in bad spot you result falling for few secs off rooftop to the ground and die by death from above from human. You also miss Ground Pound (and result in long recovery and die) when executed near tackled person near the wall because he's still playing recovery animation, sometimes same happens if you try to Ground Pound human who is playing animation after falling from certain height.

Edited by jacklul

Another Balancing Idea regarding Flares.

Make it So Flares are Only Deployable when UV is Disrupted. And Only 1 Flare can be Deployed at a time.

If the Survivor Drops a 2nd Flare. The First One goes Out.

I'd say let them use flares instead of a UV since you have to swap between them but limit the amount that can be thrown at any given time to one. This forces them to camp that one flare making it much easier to ground pound or do whatever.

Also zombie hordes should not self destruct when hitting a flare. They already suck enough as it is.

Please fix the Fall Damage Inconsistency. More Apparent in OLD TOWN. 

When the Night Hunter Knocks a Human Off a High Roof with either a Ground Pound or Tackle.

The Damage is not Consistent with that of When a Human Falls from the Same Height. 

Please Add Initial Damage of Ground Pound or Tackle, and add the Fall Damage as well.

Horde spit.

Bombers are almost useless, they can not even climb meter height and explode from one shot or hit shuriken. Many times watched as the bombers just standind and screaming if the survivor is above ground level. Why the hunter isn't helped by younger brothers - volatiles? It would be much better if the spittle of a horde attracted volatiles. If the spit hit the survivor - volatile pursue him until they kill the survivor or until they die. If not spit hit the survivor volatile still come looking for survivors in the area of spittle. One spitting = 5 volatiles.

Disable hunter health bar from survivors hud. How would be someone able to know Ive got 8 hp when I`m flying 100 m away from them. They just pull out a gun and shoot you down.

Disable hunter health bar from survivors hud. How would be someone able to know Ive got 8 hp when I`m flying 100 m away from them. They just pull out a gun and shoot you down.

i think disable guns ll together in be the zombie would be better 

I've been streaming this game for a while from my Xboxone and had a viewer tell me about this website and the forums. Before that I never really knew about the major issues BTZ really had on the Hunters over the Humans until he started notifying my bit my bit of what they were ... soon it started pixxing me all the way off. 

I personally don't think the Humans are Super Broken, but I do think that some changes could be made that would make the game run a lot more smoothly and fairly between both oppositions. 

I started playing BTZ after I finished the story mode and NG+, I've now clocked in about 22hrs of BTZ gameplay and am Level 49 ... pretty sure waiting hours like I do accounts for the overall game time, cause I don't think I've played 22hrs in-game of BTZ. As I do stream (fnshr my twitch), sometimes I'm sitting for a good 15-45 minutes for a game, though, strangely enough, as of recent I'm getting more games at a much quicker rate but still occasionally have to wait some time for a game.

Now I'm pretty sure everything I have an issue with has been queried, but whether or not it has I'll just keep it to what really gets to me just to show I do too have a problem and it's not a select few.

• UV lights distance - Is a bit too far; being shone by UV lights on top buildings that are way too high up for it to have so much affect. 
  • UV lights startup - Sometimes when I Pounce on people, even from behind, when I get inside, literally a foot away from their face, they are still able to activate their UV lights and cancel the pounce attack. From that distance, given the Survivor sense, UV lights, Flares then even tweaking this would be much better.
  • Flare spams ... obviously. Had a game the other day when in a 13 minute match with 2 opponents, they ended up using 229 flares.
  • Camping - In the safe house, underwater and in buildings. Inside buildings fair enough, but there should be some sort of penalty for staying inside somewhere for too long.
  • Ground-pound - Though I learned to cancel it with UV shield and I guess you could say that's our advantage ... even without it the recover frames last just a tad bit too long. 
  • Damage - Hunters Pounce you can say is equivalent to the Humans UV Light, fair enough. But, the Hunters physical damage compared to a Humans damage is totally unfair. In a physically fight It'll take me, in whatever order, 1/2 GP, 2 Tackle Attacks and 1/2 claw attacks. Where as a human can kill me in on hit (Using an Axe) Even if it took a little less then that would be fine. 
  • Pounce - When it gets canceled seconds before eating off someones face, sometimes the forward momentum has 2 recovery states; the standard one and another that carries you even further, which through that whole recovery stage you can't do anything at all. Don't know if it's meant to be like that or what but it never used to happen when I first started out.
  • Tentadrill -  (or whatever it's called) sometimes when I'm in the animation of zipping off, sometimes no where near the opponent, they still someone are able to hit me; my foot it seems, even after I'll left the floor and I'm zipping away. 
  • Fall damage - Times I've hit Humans off of buildings that would undoubtedly kill them with the tackle move, but they just get up from it and run away, not forgetting that distance they've fallen off the building ... was back first.

This is all I can think of right now, again it's not that deep, the difference between Hunter and Human, so I don't think HUGEEEEEE nerfs/buffs are needed unless it's something new being added to the game (that'd sure have it's problems to but hey) it's like Super Street Fighter 4, whenever they make an update sometimes it's adding or taking away 1/3 frames of a move and that makes the whole game change, and yes it's not a fighting game but I still think it still applies.

One additional skill I said should be added (spoke to my friend Chaos_Deception about this on stream) is...

I think the Hunter should have a stealth/install skill move, 

• Kill in one hit
  • You cannot run/jump/tentadrill/spit/uv shield/Hunter sense while in this skill/mode
  • Have to be on the ground/building 
  • Can't be detected by Survivor sense
  • Once you enter this skill/mode once you've jumped or are airborne for more than a second/two (cause I'm sure Hunters cant walk up steps properly or whatever) then you'll be visible on Survivor sense and can't enter this skill for 20 seconds or something (just making up numbers here)
  • Maybe every 10/15 seconds the Humans get a 2 second visual on their map of where you are depending on distance (would take some crazy programming) 

And whatever else, this was just a thought I had last night because I think it's add much more of a scare factor towards to Humans, because we're the Hunters ... who are being hunted lol it's us running from the Humans. Obviously something about the zombie nests will have to be done to make this possible, maybe further the distance or something? Again I don't know it was just a thought.

But this is all I have for now, 

Vincent

Zombie nest shouldn't be melee attacked, Humans should have to set up a timer bomb that setup process should take X amount of seconds. Making flares more realistic use.

Make them pickup the bomb from any safe zones so instead of instantly running and knowing location of the nest they must learn it.

Edited by cheatllwin

• Ground-pound - Though I learned to cancel it with UV shield and I guess you could say that's our advantage ... even without it the recover frames last just a tad bit too long. 

You can cancel a groud pound or any other charge move with crouch, you don't have to waste your UV block. UV block should be used to cancel recovery animations like a missed tackle or interrupted pounce.

You can cancel a groud pound or any other charge move with crouch, you don't have to waste your UV block. UV block should be used to cancel recovery animations like a missed tackle or interrupted pounce.

He means other thing, you can recover from a failed ground pound sacrificing the uv block and even without uv block just press the uv block key and work

[sorry for the weird english xD]

I meant a failed one, my bad and yeah I know you can cancel whatever else with crouching/standing

Please remove human ability for a jump kick a hunter. It`s unfair as hunter can`t avoid it. Yesterday I played with a group of anti hunters and that was their main tactic. They locked me and killed with 3 jump kicks. They can avoid tackle and rain death ya if you are unlucky enough. You can`t do much really when knock you down as you recover too long. I know that adding a new feature like hunter dodging kicks would be difficult and took a lot of time. Balance it a bit by removing jump kick against hunter. similar think with a rain death attack. Why they can avoid you pounce by interrupting in with uv light in last second (they exploit it making your pounce useless) but you cant do nothing when their kill animation starts?

Edited by MORD

i playd around for about 50+ hours and i got at-least 10-15 hours in the night hunter mode as a human newer the monster. and atm humans are overpowered by allot. you need to nerf the uv light i believe 50% of to range also 50-60% to vertical and horizontal zone will be a nice change. i personally love the sensory thing and would cry if it got scrapped but i will say that you can do it way to often, once every 10-12 seconds would be nice and make it last for 5 seconds so the hunter got 5-8 of free roaming before you can scan for him. if we start to change this and give it another 10 hours we can see if more is needed. and so we are clear most of my games are solo and in solo i got 22 wins not counting the countless dc from me killing them 5 times over and 2-3 losses. hope this will help the devs some.

Thx for a good game

well i got 2 more big things, make monsters and human hp take a set amount of dmg for the weapon type. i mean in the topic you wrote about fixing weapon dmg but my 170hp and 1350dmg 2burn 2elec weapon will take one night stalker in 3 hits in less then 2 seconds and night stalker will not take me in 3 hits 4-5 at least. this means a night stalker can newer take me in 1 on 1 combat. and make it so humans cant use bandage or at least limit the use or slow it down cuss i can tank a night stalker all night with my 30+ bandages.

this last one is more for the game in general, forcing you to only use 4 items in your item slot is a bit to low and hinders the game to truly shine. if you look at a night hunter scenario for items needed. 

1. hook shot 100% must 2.night vision potion 80% must 3 UV light 100% must. now you only got 1 free slot and its probably going to be flares cuss they are super helpful. if you could take of hook shot to a separate key like the macro i built to select equipment slot 1 and use it on Q so i dont need to bother selecting it all the time, free hook shoot from the items menu pleas and make room for some fun experimental accessory. cuss atm you are quite stuck at the standard combinations i would love for at least 1 extra accessory.

okey i know im writing allot but this is a biggie, can you please make it so i can disable human players to join and only night stalkers. i had 1 great vs a really good night stalker and people joined the game then exited the game making me lose lifes and this is one of the time i lost. and it really ruined my game. its not often i get a challenge tough enough to put me in my place only for unwonted people to join me. pleas make a disable for humans to join it would be such a good option.

Thx for a great game overall. 

okey i know im writing allot but this is a biggie, can you please make it so i can disable human players to join and only night stalkers. i had 1 great vs a really good night stalker and people joined the game then exited the game making me lose lifes and this is one of the time i lost. and it really ruined my game. its not often i get a challenge tough enough to put me in my place only for unwonted people to join me. pleas make a disable for humans to join it would be such a good option.

Thx for a great game overall. 

Quickly switch your game visibility to anything but not Public when you see "Hunter is coming" message.

thx ill try it out today, it will be lovely to get some 1 on 1 action, even if i am op atm hope the change a bit. also plz dont make the uv light get a higher cool down it would really force you to use flares and its the one item place i can play around with