George Tatoulis

Developer Feedback

Hi Everyone!

I'm one of the developers on the Be the Zombie team. In this topic will post upcoming changes, respond to feedback, and provide any other useful information.

I'd like you all to know we have read the concerns you have voiced about the balance of the BTZ mode. We are working hard to address these as well to alleviate the matchmaking issues. There is a PC patch coming out soon, with a console patch to follow. That being said, we are still in process of compiling user data to see how matches are playing out. We will be using this data along with your feedback to help make further balance changes. Check back soon for a list of changes that will be included in the next patch!

For now, here's a video that will help new players get acquainted with playing as the Night Hunter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1mxU0_E7I0

Here is a list of changes that will be incoming on our next patch for the game as they relate to BTZ. As stated before this patch will be live on PC first and the consoles will follow after.

• Fixed the Night Hunter's ‘infinite spit' exploit.
  • Fixed some problems connecting to games as the Night Hunter.
  • Human players remaining too long in water will forfeit the game in a manner similar to safe zones.
  • Human melee damage against the Night Hunter and other AI was reduced. It should no longer possible to kill the hunter in one hit.
  • More fixes to prevent weapon/item duplication exploits.

Read that you are a DEV make me smile :D can be possible to nerf the uv light? The range and rechard time? And remove PLEASE the Survivor Sense? Btw this topic need to be always on top :)

Ps: sorry for my weird english...not my main language

Please Make the Forfeit by Water Timer Consistent.

That is to say. If the Timer is 60 seconds and a Human uses up 50 and then exits the water.

Upon reentering the water. The Human has only Ten Seconds. [ this would prevent trolling ]

Exception to the above Rule should be made if the Human gets knocked into water. Or You could make it so being knocked into water causes Death.

Also please consider adjusting Hunter Respawn and Ability Timers.

IE: More Survivors = Faster Respawn and Faster Ability Cooldowns.

Please consider removing Survivor Sense from being able to detect the Night Hunter and remove the Orange Radar Pulse that He Emits. If not please add a Cooldown to this Ability.

The Night Hunter already Telegraphs His Position in the following ways.

Heavy Footsteps.

Tendril Sounds.

Screaming and Scream Glow.

Spit Sounds and Warning Indicators.

I agree with "no other xd" about the UV Light.

Please Reduce the Effective Range.

Also please add a Longer Cooldown when the Hunter is vs more than 1 Human. This would Inspire more Team Work.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

- spits exploding on contact

- successful pounce cannot be interrupted by a victim

- remove hunters energy feedback from human players hud

- tweak UV range, time and its impact on hunters energy

- longer UV spit time - right now it expires quicker the hunter gets full energy from zero

- make more sense in progressing by adding cosmetic changes - hunter appearance and different howling 

Edited by MORD

just remove the radar ability of the human and i think anything else would be good as it is 

and maybe make the ground pound and the tackle when it successfully hit,the victim fall on the ground even after block on wall like that those 2 skill would become worth something ... but if you think it's overpowered well it's your call ;) (just dont forget those flare and the uv flashlight and the lock jump kick and the death from above and maybe something else i dont remember)

Edited by ormalash

Please Techland, give the Night Hunter the Ability to stun Humans with Ground Pound. In the same Way a Rebar Zombie Stuns the Player.

And After the Night Hunter lands a Tackle. Make it so the UV Light is Disabled for 2 Seconds after Impact. This would Disable Humans UV Lighting at the last Second to Cancel a Pounce.

UV light needs more cooldown. Currently if you use the last of your UV to drain a Night Hunter's energy (a common occurrence) then the UV will recharge faster than the Night Hunter's energy negating any kind of consequence for abusing UV light. Also the duration is long enough to drain the Night Hunter's energy two times over.

Survivors should not recover from a ground pound mid air or they should at least have a longer recovery time. I know this is to make it so you can't ground pound > pounce for an easy kill but when I knock someone off of a tall structure with one hit left I expect them to die not abuse the recovery time to use a medkit mid air.

In addition to making it impossible to OHK the Night Hunter you need to make it also so it's impossible to one shot the volatile spawns. The current meta for the Survivor is just making a mad dash to the nest and destroying it in less than 15 seconds. You as the Hunter need to intercept and kill them before they get to it, otherwise you lose a nest. There needs to be more of an effort to take out these nest so the pressure to stop Survivors mid way is gone.

The Night Hunter needs a way to mask his presence. Survivor sense makes it impossible to stalk your prey so you end up forcing yourself into a staring contest to keep them on their toes because you'll never get the jump on them (unless they don't know what survivor sense is).

Tackle needs to be harder to avoid and ground pound needs a little less cool down. After your spits are gone those are your only combat options and both require you to be up close where the Night Hunter is the weakest. Also either add an ability to dodge drop kicks or take out the knockback from them as that's an easy spammable move that a Survivor can use to shut down the Night Hunter up close.

Pounce needs to be usable from up to 70-80% energy. It's supposed to be your main attack option and yet you can only use it maybe 10% of the time because of Survivor sense, UV flashlight and flares. Either make it so spits have a shorter cooldown allowing you to avoid losing energy constantly or decrease the energy limit on pounce so that you can at least have something to depend on that won't get you killed.

The way I see it this mode was balanced for 1v1, not 4v1. If I'm fighting against four players all spread out making a mad dash towards my nest it should not take me 10 minutes to finish off one Survivor. By that time my nest are already gone and the other players have moved on. You should not be able to solo this mode and have it be this easy, it's supposed to take a team effort. I've seen suggestions for scaling the Night Hunter's stats and abilities when more players are present which is a good balance solution for making this mode more focused around a team based effort.

Nests should be based on number of hits not depending on damage of weapon as one hitting 4 nests nearly per night hunter life is a joke!, I.e 25 hits per person per nest (4 people 100 hits) increase zombie count around nests need a huge horde not 3 zombies and odd rebar zombie stupid, night hunter should take alot more hits and scaled to amount of people.

As for humans uv light is over powered zombie should still move faster than humans after stamina drain to avoid being the one hunted all the time there is no fear being the humans they are always hunting the zombie rather than running or hiding, bombers should injure humans not instakill maybe 2 bombers, uv flash light spit is fair enough and great addition doesn't need changing maybe provide more spits for night hunter aswell, FIX infinite spit glitch as that's stupid, death from above after jumping over night hunter should be removed as it's too easy, area ping should be timed maybe 5 secs before next ping as constantly pinging and knowing where hunter is, still provides no fear!

These fixes need applying soon before people are fed up as it's already happening and people are getting extremely frustrated including myself

UV light needs more cooldown. Currently if you use the last of your UV to drain a Night Hunter's energy (a common occurrence) then the UV will recharge faster than the Night Hunter's energy negating any kind of consequence for abusing UV light. Also the duration is long enough to drain the Night Hunter's energy two times over.

Survivors should not recover from a ground pound mid air or they should at least have a longer recovery time. I know this is to make it so you can't ground pound > pounce for an easy kill but when I knock someone off of a tall structure with one hit left I expect them to die not abuse the recovery time to use a medkit mid air.

In addition to making it impossible to OHK the Night Hunter you need to make it also so it's impossible to one shot the volatile spawns. The current meta for the Survivor is just making a mad dash to the nest and destroying it in less than 15 seconds. You as the Hunter need to intercept and kill them before they get to it, otherwise you lose a nest. There needs to be more of an effort to take out these nest so the pressure to stop Survivors mid way is gone.

The Night Hunter needs a way to mask his presence. Survivor sense makes it impossible to stalk your prey so you end up forcing yourself into a staring contest to keep them on their toes because you'll never get the jump on them (unless they don't know what survivor sense is).

Tackle needs to be harder to avoid and ground pound needs a little less cool down. After your spits are gone those are your only combat options and both require you to be up close where the Night Hunter is the weakest. Also either add an ability to dodge drop kicks or take out the knockback from them as that's an easy spammable move that a Survivor can use to shut down the Night Hunter up close.

Pounce needs to be usable from up to 70-80% energy. It's supposed to be your main attack option and yet you can only use it maybe 10% of the time because of Survivor sense, UV flashlight and flares. Either make it so spits have a shorter cooldown allowing you to avoid losing energy constantly or decrease the energy limit on pounce so that you can at least have something to depend on that won't get you killed.

The way I see it this mode was balanced for 1v1, not 4v1. If I'm fighting against four players all spread out making a mad dash towards my nest it should not take me 10 minutes to finish off one Survivor. By that time my nest are already gone and the other players have moved on. You should not be able to solo this mode and have it be this easy, it's supposed to take a team effort. I've seen suggestions for scaling the Night Hunter's stats and abilities when more players are present which is a good balance solution for making this mode more focused around a team based effort.

^This, give this man a cookie

Btw...the nest can be destroy with a single DIY Grenade, fix that, i mean, please?

Survivor Sense, gives the Humans 24/7 Situational Awareness, It should Only be the Night Hunter who can Track 24/7.

The Night Hunter Telegraphs His Position in the Following Ways:

• Heavy Breathing.
  • Heavy Footsteps.
  • Tendril Sounds.
  • Howling, and Howl Glow.
  • Orange Pulse that Radiates Environment.
  • Spit Sounds, and Spit Warning Indicator. 
  • Your Character Saying, Something Not Right, I Can Feel it.

In My opinion, Survivor Sense is not Necessary, Working as a Team, Using Sight and Hearing is enough. This would add to Team Work and make this Mode a lot more Exciting.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

little advices:

- more damage to the melee attacks of the zombie,

- a lot of more life for the zombie, he's a big monster and he has to be overpowered!

- FALL DAMAGE!

- more nests (now we have 5 nests against 10 human lifes...no sense) at least 10 with a LOT OF HEALT!

- scale weapon damage...

- no radar for survivors.

- campers istant die with -100000 points

- less energy drained from UV, more recharge time for UV.

- istant spit blow.

- Zombie can kill survivor not only when energy is full, 80% is better.

I tried a lot of game and now, i win only 1vs1 using ONLY ground pound... You have to really fix a lot of things. (little more advice, play evolve and take a look how they balanced the game, monster is really hard to kill, not impossible but HARD. In your mode the zombie SUX...)

little advices:

- more damage to the melee attacks of the zombie,

- a lot of more life for the zombie, he's a big monster and he has to be overpowered!

- FALL DAMAGE!

- more nests (now we have 5 nests against 10 human lifes...no sense) at least 10 with a LOT OF HEALT!

- scale weapon damage...

- no radar for survivors.

- campers istant die with -100000 points

- less energy drained from UV, more recharge time for UV.

- istant spit blow.

- Zombie can kill survivor not only when energy is full, 80% is better.

I tried a lot of game and now, i win only 1vs1 using ONLY ground pound... You have to really fix a lot of things. (little more advice, play evolve and take a look how they balanced the game, monster is really hard to kill, not impossible but HARD. In your mode the zombie SUX...)

Fall damage to the Night Hunter?...

i'm not the only who notice that's the fall damage for human doesn't exist when you push them x)

ho and last thing when you push them make their body ragdoll because when i see a simple rock blocking a human body to fall when it's size is equal to half the zise of his legs well that give me quite some ... disapointment 

i'm not the only who notice that's the fall damage for human doesn't exist when you push them x)

ho and last thing when you push them make their body ragdoll because when i see a simple rock blocking a human body to fall when it's size is equal to half the zise of his legs well that give me quite some ... disapointment 

They do take fall damge but it's minimal. Also survivors recover in the air after a ground pound allowing them to quickly use a medkit from high altitudes effectively negating fall damage.

Today it was once again convinced that PVP isn't balanced at all. Let's forget about the sense of survival, UV flashlights, etc. Just melee. One by one. Hunter vs... whom? Who is who? Who is the hunter in this game?

Survivor can absolutely evade from any attack of the hunter. Tackle... don't make me laughing - just jump and... survivor not simply evades, but it appears behind the back of the hunter. If, during the ground pound the survivor carries out strike by feet in a jump... guess what? That's right, the hunter takes damage and fall, but survivor absolutely nothing.

P.S. Can i play for a bomberman? I think, it is much more dangerous than the "hunter"...  :D

also maybe have different bonuses for survivors to play the match to encourage people to play it

and disable the ability to drop out of it if they have it enabled and we connect they should have to play rather then rage quit after dieing once

i suggest adding in more lingering zombies to the world to distract players nd have a 10 on flare usage to stop spamming

also remove the game swapping to normal flares if you have ziads flares

Lol, easy mode much? Want Volatile's chasing the survivor too?

Lol, easy mode much? Want Volatile's chasing the survivor too?

easy mode yeah cause flares being spammed 300 in one match is fair  isnt it?

or if i disable someone with uv spit they shouldnt be able to put 20 flares around themselves

or how about people who use flares as a means of creating a safe zone travel path?

flare should only be used as an emergancy when the uv cant be not as a total defence

Anyway, back to the topic, a new game mode maybe? "Running Light" or "The Run" Survivor have to run across the map fron a point to point for survive? Maybe? :)

Darkwolf i know i know but 10 flares only? :-/ is like the nh only have 10 spits

Edited by No_Other_xD

easy mode yeah cause flares being spammed 300 in one match is fair isnt it?

or if i disable someone with uv spit they shouldnt be able to put 20 flares around themselves

or how about people who use flares as a means of creating a safe zone travel path?

flare should only be used as an emergancy when the uv cant be not as a total defence

Actually this gives me an idea.

What if you were only allowed to throw one flare at a time? So if you threw one you would have to wait for it to extinguish before throwing another. That could fix everything. Survivors keep their 100+ flares but the spam stops and Night Hunters still have a chance to capitalize on a kill from a UV spit.

Thoughts?

Edited by jcks