Maverick-Werewolf

Accessing Dying Light's Soundfiles (Pc)

I'd love to mod Dying Light itself, but right now, I have my sights set on making some Dying Light mods for other games. My first step is to somehow extract all the soundfiles from Dying Light. Specifically, I need to get my hands on all of Crane's soundfiles.

I can't seem to find a good program to unpack the sounds, though. Has anyone done this so far? I've made a lot of sound mods from/for various games and unpacked a lot of file types, but I'm new to these.

I was actually just digging around the folders this morning for the first time (at home, I'm not there now). I noticed in the DLC folder there was a .pack file that allowed 7-zip to extract from it just fine. I went into the main game files and there were some files there but they were a strange extension I had trouble finding good info about (my search wasn't terribly exhaustive though). I wouldn't be surprised if we'll have to wait around for someone to come up with a way to extract these files. 7-zip didn't recognize them.

Definitely a barrage of tools, yet I don't see a way that either program can get anything out of the .csb files that seem to contain all the sounds. :/

Interesting program, though. Might be useful for extracting other things. Still, I'm not seeing where this would work with Dying Light.

Edited by Maverick-Werewolf

Hi Folks.

Any updates on this?

I have tried every option on VGMtoolbox.

I've seen on a couple places where they ripped the soundtrack using this tool, but no guide.

Is there a special plugin needed for the VGMtoolbox?

Wanting the voice files as well.

Thanks.

I love how this KNG guy popped on, told us vaguely maybe possibly how and then just poofed into nonexistence. Anyway, I'm at the same point. I can extract some stuff, but none of it seems to work. Hopefully these "mod tools" coming from the devs soon will do it

UPdate.

I've extracted all the .fsb files...buuuut it looks like they won't works on any .FSB converter/player.

fsb files? All I see are files like "Music_1.csb" can you tell me how to extract them?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wf7ni2bo1z4n8p4/Kyle_voice.rar

Here ya go guys. I compressed it with WinRAR.

I know this is late but much appreciated! I am currently creating a list which contains all of the dialogue written out next to the corresponding file names so people can just ctrl + F and find any key words they're looking for (then easily discover which file has the dialogue they desire). However, I'm not sure if this is a problem on my half or if it has something to do with the files themselves but there seems to be a loud popping/crackling noise in the background of almost every voice file. Is this something everyone is experiencing? If so, is there a quick way to fix it? Or does anyone else have all of the files without the popping sounds? Cheers.

Sorry for digging out this subject, but I'd like to extract dialogues in my native language.I would really appreciate if you told me how you managed to extract these files, please.

Edited by blazej222