Sign in to follow this  
MrRootBeer123

Modifying Guns

You're right. It would be cool to get mod for guns. As well as getting a different variety of guns like uzi, magnums, pump shotgun , etc. My idea of mods would be like an explosive - ish mod. Like every bullet that's hits a zombie will in flat and blow up. Or just bring the mods from the dead island games over to this one.

It would make it so they game doesn't feel like they only focused on the melee weapons in the game. Dead Island 1 (dying light would be techland's second dead island game) allowed you to mod guns.(correct me if I'm wrong).There are some sites that saw that there are more weapons but they are currently not in the game. Such as bows, sporting rifles and a sniper rifle. http://dyinglight.gamepedia.com/Weapons 

It would make it so they game doesn't feel like they only focused on the melee weapons in the game. Dead Island 1 (dying light would be techland's second dead island game) allowed you to mod guns.(correct me if I'm wrong).There are some sites that saw that there are more weapons but they are currently not in the game. Such as bows, sporting rifles and a sniper rifle. http://dyinglight.gamepedia.com/Weapons 

You could modify firearms in both Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide.

You couldn't do much with the guns. You could only modify the performance of the weapons but you were still able to upgrade them AND apply mods, like elements, electricity, fire, poison etc.

The guns were dreadful to use, (besides Riptide's hunting rifle which was incredibly fun), but they were at least part of the game. Without modifications, I can't say the guns would be all that appealing.

And there doesn't need to be any groundbreaking mods either. IMO, gun damage can remain the same but let us add basic optics, or let us duct-tape clips together to make for quicker reloading.

They need to bring back the hunting rifle and combat shotgun. The double barrel does not cut it.

Edited by Wolfman