Sign in to follow this  
Alireza_

Add Selfi Camera

add selfi camera in multi player-  (co-op) :D

take selfi pictures with zombies :lol:  B)

Honestly? I'd find this hilarious and probably end up hating it, but I still think it'd be rather fun for a little while. And why not?

No, really. Why not?!

Who's going to care in the long run since it'll be screenshots that will be posted to view to your friends or just for your own personal amusement? Don't want to indulge in some silly selfies then don't take them. Turn that feature off (if it were a feature that is) and forget about it.

Besides, there's absolutely nothing wrong with selfie culture. Sure it's a bit silly and sometimes just really annoying but there's absolutely nothing wrong with people being confident enough in themselves or just having fun in in order to take selfies. I don't because I hate taking pictures of myself but I absolutely adore seeing friends and family being silly and smiling.

So why not let people do something silly and fun in game too? I think it'd be neat.

Honestly? I'd find this hilarious and probably end up hating it, but I still think it'd be rather fun for a little while. And why not?

No, really. Why not?!

Who's going to care in the long run since it'll be screenshots that will be posted to view to your friends or just for your own personal amusement? Don't want to indulge in some silly selfies then don't take them. Turn that feature off (if it were a feature that is) and forget about it.

Besides, there's absolutely nothing wrong with selfie culture. Sure it's a bit silly and sometimes just really annoying but there's absolutely nothing wrong with people being confident enough in themselves or just having fun in in order to take selfies. I don't because I hate taking pictures of myself but I absolutely adore seeing friends and family being silly and smiling.

So why not let people do something silly and fun in game too? I think it'd be neat.

Uhh, gee, I don't know, maybe because having a smartphone in an apocalypse would render probably a good majority of the cutscenes to be questionable since many of them involve Crane's walkie-talkie. And Crane's character model isn't exactly an eyeful to look at either. 

Just take screenshots. The PS4 comes with a built-in capture device for videos as well.

It's unnecessary. I mean, if they want to add it go ahead, I'll probably use it occasionally, but it doesn't make any sense. 

Uhh, gee, I don't know, maybe because having a smartphone in an apocalypse would render probably a good majority of the cutscenes to be questionable since many of them involve Crane's walkie-talkie. And Crane's character model isn't exactly an eyeful to look at either. 

Just take screenshots. The PS4 comes with a built-in capture device for videos as well.

It's unnecessary. I mean, if they want to add it go ahead, I'll probably use it occasionally, but it doesn't make any sense. 

You do understand that just because the service is interrupted (cell towers, internet, etc) it doesn't  render the phone inert? Like, you can take selfies all day and night as long as the camera isn't busted and the phone has a charge to it. You want to shoot something down because you don't like it that's cool but when you use broken logic to add weight to your argument it's kind of...juvenile.

And no one is arguing that a selfie feature would be anything but self-indulgent because we know it's self-indulgent. And freaking hilarious. And I, for one, would love to just spend some quality time with friends just effin' about trying to grab the most ridiculous in-game selife every. Come on, who wouldn't want a selfie with Gazi and his mother or that random fireman goon down by the school. HILARITY ABOUNDS!

But you don't like the feature so therefore it's unnecessary because you don't like it. Heh.

Not really a point when everyone would look the exact same except for the few different outfits...

That's a better argument against it than simply "I don't like it/it's stupid". But, again, I think that's relative. My friends and I enjoy roaming around in our Alienware outfits just as much as going around in Headhunter. Grabbing selfies with each other and/or zombies would be, to me, fun. It's just a quirky little idea that could be fun for a lot of people. /shrug/

its a zombie game, play gta kid

Mm, so is Dead Rising; conveniently that game had a chupacabra ton of silly features that were simply amusing rather than functional. Dead Island is another lovely zombie game and it had several inane things that were included in the game that were simply amusing rather than functional.

Was...was there a point to your post?

You do understand that just because the service is interrupted (cell towers, internet, etc) it doesn't  render the phone inert? Like, you can take selfies all day and night as long as the camera isn't busted and the phone has a charge to it. You want to shoot something down because you don't like it that's cool but when you use broken logic to add weight to your argument it's kind of...juvenile.

And no one is arguing that a selfie feature would be anything but self-indulgent because we know it's self-indulgent. And freaking hilarious. And I, for one, would love to just spend some quality time with friends just effin' about trying to grab the most ridiculous in-game selife every. Come on, who wouldn't want a selfie with Gazi and his mother or that random fireman goon down by the school. HILARITY ABOUNDS!

But you don't like the feature so therefore it's unnecessary because you don't like it. Heh.

I thought I was playing a game that wanted to take itself seriously. Apparently not. My logic isn't "broken" (whatever that means, do you always glue words together hoping for the best?), - a device as simple as a cellphone to be in Crane's possession could easily alter the story (which, I'll remind you, is already set in stone). Nobody in the game seems to have a cellphone either. So.. Why now all of a sudden? Why not have added it during development? Maybe they never considered it because of such reasons, because it is indeed, silly.     

A feature like this would be more appropriate for a relative game, like Dead Island 2 - Where messing about is the core purpose in that game.

How about they fix the game first before adding any plotholes to provoke derailment of their (story-driven) game.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm gonna' get back to taking screenshots of Dying Light without counteracting the game itself. But I truly would like to see this added in for the sole purpose that adolescents, runty teens and grown men can rejoice in their childish fantasies. 

I thought I was playing a game that wanted to take itself seriously. Apparently not. My logic isn't "broken" (whatever that means, do you always glue words together hoping for the best?), - a device as simple as a cellphone to be in Crane's possession could easily alter the story (which, I'll remind you, is already set in stone). Nobody in the game seems to have a cellphone either. So.. Why now all of a sudden? Why not have added it during development? Maybe they never considered it because of such reasons, because it is indeed, silly.     

A feature like this would be more appropriate for a relative game, like Dead Island 2 - Where messing about is the core purpose in that game.

How about they fix the game first before adding any plotholes to provoke derailment of their (story-driven) game.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm gonna' get back to taking screenshots of Dying Light without counteracting the game itself. But I truly would like to see this added in for the sole purpose that adolescents, runty teens and grown men can rejoice in their childish fantasies. 

Really? I seen several phones litered throughout the game, or what looked to be phones. Since there is no cell service, however, I can understand why no one is actually using them instead using shortwave radios/sat phones. But considering that there are several people within the game that has a line to the outside world besides Kyle, and the fact that (BIG PLOT HOLE HERE) people could get emails and that lovely (BIGGER PLOT HOLE HERE) news cast on their laptop...But no, I'm totally sure that just because they couldn't use their 500$ iphones all the survivors ever just chucked them into the river/fire/at a slavering zombie trying to eat their faces off.

And this game as several easter eggs, in-jokes, and straight up references to other games that take the absolute piss out of them which has absolutely NOTHING to do with this super serious story that drives this game. But something like a 'selfie' feature is totally going to be something over the imaginary line you've drawn for seriousness.

Yeah.

53qp2t.gif

This is a suggestion from a player who thought it'd be fun and in which other people who thought it'd be hilarious could share their want and ideas for something like this in hopes that Techland would possibly see it and either say "hey, cool idea bros" or get a chuckle out of it and say something like "cool idea bros but something that we don't have the time/money/or want to add. neat though. maybe next time!" Not for douchebags to chupacabra all over people who are having fun with something we intellectually already know isn't something that's got a chance in heck to be added unless Techland devs really think the idea has merit and are willing to give it a shot.

You don't like the idea. Bro, we got it.

glad to see our priorities as consumers are set.

But that's the thing, this isn't about priorities. Straight up, no one would ever suggest that Techland add inane features (like this, because selfies in a zombie apocalypse is just silly but funny) before putting their time, money, and efforts into fixing the bugs/glitches that are plaguing the platforms at the moment. However, when suggestions are tossed out for something that people would like to see in the game or have the option of participating in? Yeah, that's completely different since it's understood that it's a suggestion and not a demand. A suggestion which other people can chime in with their two cents and the community could possibly have a discussion that could turn into a intellectually stimulating debate. Usually, however, a suggestion is made and someone decides to be a jerk and QQ all over the place and try to strawman. It's kind of hilarious and a lot annoying but it's a grabbag and inevitable.

Besides, tell me a stupid feature like this wouldn't be fun to exploit and I'll offer you several reasons why it would be. Honestly, I just want to get a stupid selfie with a gang of Volatiles and Virals doing a rain dance outside my flare and molotov circle. It'd be hilarious.