user750

First Dlc. Ripoff?

Cuisine and Cargo is worthless. There's no content, there's no plot, there's no reward (except for exp, idk, i'm max lvl), average time on completing this two quarantine zones is 5 mins. This is unacceptable. This isn't worth 1/3 of 20$ we paid for Season Pass. 

Would like to hear from devs and players about it. Do you really think that this is a DLC? Not free two missions, made by level designer in 20 mins? Am i wrong? Or right? 

Damn I feel sorry for you guys if it's that bad. I was actually thinking about getting it but decided to hear some verdict first. 

I hope the Stadium Survival won't be as disappointing. 

Verdict is - first DLC worth a spit. Remember any 2 quarantine zones from the game and imagine - would you pay money for this two missions? 

I hope so too.

I hold out some hope.... If they eventually raise the difficulty of the game with NG+++ etc and thus the difficulty of quarantine zones then there will be more value for money. Within current endgame any content released is likely to be far too easy. 

Remember that cargo is one of the three content releases but it isn't one third of the content. It's intended to be a smaller addon in comparison to the "arena" mode. Which god forbid better be more interesting than the arena within the story mode. From memory the breakdown is 5 bucks for the missions, 5 for the weapons / skins and 10+ for the arena mode. Even if the current content is short, I think this is reasonable for such a low price.

Tech-land, I would suggest a blueprint within future quarantine zones might make people a little happier :) even if it isn't something groundbreaking. 

http://img.playground.ru/images/4/5/monalisa-2.jpg This image sums up the gaming industries view on DLC and extra content in my opinion

The last few games I've bought I bought with the season pass, and to be honest the season pass has sucked for all of them.  Looks like proper expansions are a thing of the past, soon we will have to pay per quest if we keep going at this rate.

LAST SEASON PASS FOR ME, its just not worth it, just some very short game play stuff and a bunch of cosmetic chupacabra that involves very little time to create and adds very little to the game once u have played it a couple of times.  LOL, if like me your not into the multiplayer side of games, you can't even see the outfits your wearing, so basically adds nothing from that point of view.

Also if there adding all the pre-order bonus stuff as part of a DLC, well what's is the point of pre-ordering a game if your doing it to get that bonus stuff.  The industry seems to be shooting its self in the foot with this tactic, soon more and more gamers will just wait to see reviews before buying or even worse for the industry, sit back and wait for the game to go on sale with all the free stuff and extras included.

€20 to me would be a nice start to paying for my next AAA game that would cost around €60, so if season pass content is going to be as chupacabra as it has been for games lately my money will be going towards full games.

Just my point of view, not here for an argument or interested in changing anyone's view on the topic

I agree with you on both statements, but the point I was saying was the content from what I've seen from Cuisine and Cargo is that it just isn't worth it and the gamestop description is nothing compared to the actual content, i.e it isn't hardcore or an Ultimate test. But you know maybe we just have a different value for €20. I paid €60 for DL and I think it was well worth it and love the game, but €20 for a 5min quest, some waste of time outfits I don't even see when I play and make no difference to gameplay whatsoever and The stadium (which by the way I'm looking forward to but a little less after Cuisine and Cargo) is a little to expensive for me.

i'll admit it's got me a little worried... if the new "area" is just a rip off of the current pit mission then i'll be passing on any future DLC. At presen't i'm hopefuly for something which will equate to gears of war horde mode which me and my friends can spend hours enjoying. Time will tell I guess.

This is why i can not find the 2 new zones they where speaking of? they said they where new zones as in new maps like slums and old town. those are called zones. we where supposed to get new weapons as well witch they said on there site we'd get! wtf always getting ripped off. want a refund.

I paid €60 for DL and I think it was well worth it and love the game, but €20 for a 5min quest, some waste of time outfits I don't even see when I play and make no difference to gameplay whatsoever and The stadium (which by the way I'm looking forward to but a little less after Cuisine and Cargo) is a little to expensive for me.

That's right, the value is not worth 20€. But you can wait for a PSN discount. This is what I do often to buy DLCs.

And the outfits, yes I have the same problem with them. It's cool to change the outfit, but you can only see your shoes and parts of your arms, so thats only for the other coop-players. :lol:

The problem here is that the description of the DLC is extremely misleading, it gives you the idea of something that'll push you to your limits, and that there's something of actual use when it's completed.

Couldn't be farther from the truth, you've got two small areas that have mediocre at best objectives, each objective can easily be completed in under 10 minutes. And the reward we were promised? More survival points. Because there's not enough of that going around in the base game already.

I'm hoping, Techland, that you have something better up your sleave for the Bozak Horde, because if it follows suite with this DLC then I see it going to nowheresville pronto.

Well, you don't have to buy it. Techland annonced what the season pass will contain. Every season pass is only fan service. If your are a big fan of the game than maybe it's worth for you. The season pass is not Dying Light 1.5!

And this is what it comes down to. Preference.

However, I've spent a lot of money on DLC for games in the past so I like to think that I can be a fair judge of whether or not content is worth (enter-price-here).

Games such as Bioshock Infinite and Far Cry 3 have set high (but reasonable) bars for how much content a consumer should expect out of a season pass or standard marketed DLC. 

Bioshock Infinite's season pass provided countless hours of content (25+more?), complete with new, well told and delightful storylines, new guns, an arena as well and a remastered Rapture (and more!) all for $20 - overall, it was so well-done that it made me regret having spent extra money on games that didn't deliver on DLC.

With all that being said - Since the Stadium is the selling point of this season pass, the big tamale, I'm expecting it to be as big as the Slums.

Edited by Wolfman

I'm probably gona get blow back for this.

but wtfe

First off..yes there was some issues with the game at launch.although I haven't had any.it's to be expected ..always has

Imo

we all got a 60 dollar game.

we all got 20 dollar dlc

Your talking a total of 80 bux worth of content..and amazing content at that.

Most of you act like 60 bux is a bunch of money..

TheShift ur a mug fella, to some people €60 is a lot of money and most of us weren't born with a silver spoon in are arse like some.  Besides that, the point that was being made is that the season pass isn't worth €20 for the content, but u know what brown noses like u will be happy paying €200 or 300 for no content and that's what the developers want.

Just a point to be made here but noone can comment on the value or worth of tje season pass as 90% of it hasnt been released. If you dislike the five dollar stamp on the two side missions that's fine. But its got nothing to do with the other 15 bucks of content which we haven't seen.

I'm probably gona get blow back for this.

but wtfe

First off..yes there was some issues with the game at launch.although I haven't had any.it's to be expected ..always has

Imo

we all got a 60 dollar game.

we all got 20 dollar dlc

Your talking a total of 80 bux worth of content..and amazing content at that.

Most of you act like 60 bux is a bunch of money..

I wish this bundle only cost me $80

I hold out some hope.... If they eventually raise the difficulty of the game with NG+++ etc and thus the difficulty of quarantine zones then there will be more value for money. Within current endgame any content released is likely to be far too easy. 

Remember that cargo is one of the three content releases but it isn't one third of the content. It's intended to be a smaller addon in comparison to the "arena" mode. Which god forbid better be more interesting than the arena within the story mode. From memory the breakdown is 5 bucks for the missions, 5 for the weapons / skins and 10+ for the arena mode. Even if the current content is short, I think this is reasonable for such a low price.

Tech-land, I would suggest a blueprint within future quarantine zones might make people a little happier :) even if it isn't something groundbreaking. 

I paid 38€ for the game, so 20€ for 2 quarantine zones, a few skins and a horde mode... for me is very expensive. That kind of "hardcore" content in other companies are free. So I won't buy season pass.

Edited by spartan27