Sign in to follow this  
RaiderOfHell

Why Hellraid Looks Like My Dream Game.

From what I can tell, Hellraid looks like it will be the perfect game for me, and here's why:

For almost half the time I've been alive I've been playing top-down ARPGs and occassionally FPS games. I usually enjoyed the depth of games like Diablo 1 and 2, and the excitement of immersive graphics from FPS games like Crysis. I also loved the scared feeling I got the first time I fought the Butcher in Diablo 1 and want a game that makes me feel that again.

Long story short, after countless nights of searching the web for any games that would combine all of these elements I found none until I came across the Hellraid website.

Needless to say I am super syked to try out Hellraid on Steam early access and to have it once it is completed.

In other words, shut up and take my money :P

Cheers!

P.S. If anyone else feels the same, please share. I would enjoy the read :)

Well when i was young I didn't enjoy RPGs or any text, top down, RTS games. My english was rly poor at the time. My first game was Pong and most of the people say it' not decisive for future interests but it's not true. Pong is skill based arena duel game. So I wanted to seek out hard and skillful games. Not unfair chupacabra but decent ones. So I played lots of side scrollers and fighters later. Then my uncle game me a game called Rise of the Triad. It was my first FPS game. I was maybe 6 at the time at OMG It was stunning. I played it a lot. After that I think I've only played FPS ... basically. 

So later I played Doom (still one of my fav.) and HeXen. HeXen was the first game that I thought was uniqe cuz of the classes, potions, melee combat, spell casting and other RPG like stuff. But it was rly hard for me for the same reason. 

Many game tried the formula later but failed in my eyes. The only great one was Dark Messiah. It wasn't as dark and gothic as HeXen or Blood but it had a rly cool athmosphere. These are my standards. I tried others like Elder Scrolls but the comat was meh... OK Skyrim looks rly nice and all and I liked it's world until I had to fight against enemies. Anyways these games opened my mind and later I played Vampire: Bloodlines which has hub based level design and other uniqe ones. Also when my english got better I tried older games i missed like Fallout. 

My pont is Hellraid could be the 3rd big title for me after many many years. When I read that this is spiritual successor to HeXen I was instantly rolling in my chair. :D

And with modern technology (Chome Engine 6) and good game (my polish friends :)) design this might be the GOTY regardless it is not hyped in every gamers' eyes.

I agree, really looks lime this could be my dream coming true. There are obviously lot of aspects to the game, but i think that perhaps most crucial will be the combat feeling. It has to feel right. I don't know if anyone can produce something like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, because that combat system was really amazing special, but if someone can do this, i think it's techland.

Because they nailed it perfectly in Dead Island 1, the melee combat felt great in that game, so i am optimistic about Hellraid.

Happy to hear that. Just to pitch in, I'll say you won't be disappointed by the combat system. That's the apple of our eye here, and even though we're playing the game to death during various development stages, it still makes me sit down every now and then with an evil grin and smash a skeleton with a two-handed maul. The 'Oooomph' is there, feels great every time :)

Happy to hear that. Just to pitch in, I'll say you won't be disappointed by the combat system. That's the apple of our eye here, and even though we're playing the game to death during various development stages, it still makes me sit down every now and then with an evil grin and smash a skeleton with a two-handed maul. The 'Oooomph' is there, feels great every time :)

Very cool. I recall the same sensation in Witchaven. Nothing beats smashing a Goblin in the head with a solid ball & chain.

Hey! Thanks for the replies!

Still anxious to be able to play Hellraid, but I have no doubt the wait will be worth it.

Also, for me the combat system has to be smooth and immersive and from what I can tell it seems to be both.

I was wondering, however, will there be a playable summoner-like class? I think it'd be awesome to fight enemies and then look behind you and see an army coming to help, or at least a couple tough minions!

Hey everyone, long time look forward to Hellraid, it will be such an early Christmas for me. Every day, almost every hour I imagine how I fight. When I saw all the videos and perhaps many times so I know it will be a maximum guarantee of quality.

I want to thank you all very much.

Regards Awa.

I never realized it before I saw it, but a FP Hack 'n Slash has the potential to be my favourite all time game. I loved the original Diablo to death (I remember the Butcher :)  ) and more recently Path of Exile. I also love FPS. So this combination has me really excited. The arena and especially the mission mode look to provide a bulk of the replayability which is good. You need a mode that's easy to pick up with random spawns to keep you coming back.

Come on Techland! Let me test this thing!

Sorry to go off-topic a bit here but how is a complete MODE not part of the core experience of a game? If it's so cool and fun, why divide your community by only letting those who pre-order (on Steam, no less) be the ones to enjoy it?

Maybe it's Warner Bros but it still sucks. It seems like games that were complete from day one no longer exist.