Sign in to follow this  
wonderwizzard

Hunter Is Way Too Overpowered :(

I am a max level survivor ( 25/24/24 ) and use a weapon that does 2585 damage and know how to use the skills just fine and fully completed the bozack hord for all arrows and the mask. The night hunter is way OP especially with the issue of the matchmaking dropping in hunters that are 9+ in my solo game never adding any other survivors so I am stuck 1 v 1 a night hunter that spams their spit/ground pound/tackle rinse and repeat. They really need to work on that issue where if it's just a solo survivors game they would be joining there needs to be a level restriction to the hunter. Also that 2585 weapon I am using is a 3HNHK and have to stand there at each nest for 30-45 seconds chopping away and same for the biters during the NH missions which normally take one whack and cut in half. For solo survivor game drops the hunter level cap should be around 8. I say as such after facing several different level night hunters all of which I was stuck 1v1 (yes the join game option was open for other survivors) the level 8 hunters gave the closest games (one nest left 10 deaths/1-2 lives left destroyed all nests destroyed for the majority against level 8s) and for all of you out there that think the night hunter is underpowered and super easy. Start looking at the level the hunter is your facing. And think about this, as they level they get hord spit, anti uv/ flare spit, anti survivor sense spit, poison spit, temp uv toughened skin skill, ground pound and tackle (which when just spamming the ground pound and a tackle that I have been sent half way across the entire map by a single tackle is annoying by itself), and howl to see exactly where you are. The survivor only has the sense (guessing where the hunter really is by looking at the mini map) camo, uv/flares, and you and that's pretty much it the hunter to survivor level to power is all a kilter a level 4 survivor equates to a level 1 hunter even up to a 10 survivor depending on the person playing the hunter would equate to the power of a level 1 hunter.

Edited by Reapers Ghost89

HAHAHAHA that's hilarious man. Oh chupacabra your serious aren't you?

Well don't take this the wrong way but you must be god awful if you truly think night hunters are over powered. Let me start with this, I made a topic on a scenario showing how under powered they are, it addressees the new buffs made a couple of days ago, it's called "The new buffs are near useless."  You should check it out.

Second, I suppose I don't blame you if your brand new to the game and a very low level when being pinned up against highly skilled yet low level night hunters.

Third, if that's the case then just wait until you get into the game and have a firm grasp of everything about it and you'l find your self dominating 50% of night hunters while the others you might have trouble with or occasionally lose if the night hunter is a veteran who started when the game came out (Like me!).

Fourth, if you've maxed out your level and skills and beat the game at least once then you have absolutely no excuse to lose so many matches to where you have to complain they're over powered, unless you just suck that bad are you decided to play pvp against the night hunter recently and you're new to invasions then just go back to the third thing I said.

Fifth and final, go play as the night hunter, I dare you. Go play a couple games until you're mid level (about level 20, stage one). Go and see just how "over powered" the night hunter really is. 

I think the main problem is you have to battle a Night Hunter a certain way.  There are multiple strategies, tactics, and techniques in battling a NH, but one thing is very clear--you can't let your guard down for a second.  As a NH the hardest survivors to kill are the one's paying attention.  They will always be aware of the NH and when within a certain range will always face him.  A technique I've developed is using distraction to help me get my kills.  I'll wait for the survivor to be battling a zombie and spit to increase a chance of a splash if I don't get a stick.  A spit will cause most players to panic.  I would say most of my horde spits provide me with a successful pounce because the survivor is panicking over the horde coming for them and they lose focus.  UV spits are useful only on inexperienced survivors unless I can follow up with a very quick pounce.  Otherwise the flares come out.  I'm not good enough yet for a reliable UV block-GP-pounce combo yet once the flares come out.  

At this point in the game I'm a Mutant 2, Level 32 Juggernaut around 50K XP away from my last mutation.  I've faced good teams and my strategy has become to separate members.  The lonelier the better.  Sometimes I'll draw out the "guards" and then when they are far enough away go after the survivors attacking the nest.  Sometimes I can get a quick kill before their buddies playing the guards can get back.  A tight, patient, cool-headed, disciplined four man group is impossible for me to get an opportunity to get a kill.  And it pretty much doesn't matter their level or rank.  A good two man team is very tough.

One of the veteran NHs said playing a NH is a chess match.  It really is.  I think most people think the NH is over powered because they haven't had to face any character in the game that will relentlessly stalk you from the other side of the map, know where you are pretty much at all times, wait for you have your attention on something else, and then strike out of nowhere with a one-shot kill.

Flare Spam against a Team of 4 is Unbeatable. if they are Smart about it.

3 Humans Chase, Distract and UV Spam the Night Hunter whilst Guarding the Human Destroying the Nest. Again Unbeatable.

Survivor Sense, gives the Humans 24/7 Situational Awareness, It should Only be the Night Hunter who can Track 24/7.

The Night Hunter Telegraphs His Position in the Following Ways:

• Heavy Breathing.
  • Heavy Footsteps.
  • Tendril Sounds.
  • Howling, and Howl Glow.
  • Orange Pulse that Radiates Environment.
  • Spit Sounds, and Spit Warning Indicator. 
  • Your Character Saying, Something Not Right, I Can Feel it.

In My opinion, Survivor Sense is not Necessary, Working as a Team, Using Sight and Hearing is enough. This would add to Team Work and make this Mode a lot more Exciting.

If humans didn't have that ability it would be non stop pounce for Hunters because of their agility and tendrils. Also, games would take a lot longer because humans would basically have to camp inside buildings if the ability was removed. You also got to think about how it would work for a lone survivor.

You should try winning a match without using the survivor sense at all with and without other people with you. To see if it's really necessary of course, and if you beat the Hunter without breaking a sweat then you'll prove that it's not necessary.

It's called reactions, the Night Hunter makes ton of unneeded sounds because of survivor sense. It stupid just to add them in the first place.

But if you get pounced from behind and don't react in time, even though it turns you facing him most of the time, then you're dead. The Night Hunter is using tactics, something NH have been trying to develope since day one. You get killed by a sneaky NH? Good, you didn't pay attention to the sounds.

Not only that, but you have grappling hooks that give a view of the map.

It's called reactions, the Night Hunter makes ton of unneeded sounds because of survivor sense. It stupid just to add them in the first place.

But if you get pounced from behind and don't react in time, even though it turns you facing him most of the time, then you're dead. The Night Hunter is using tactics, something NH have been trying to develope since day one. You get killed by a sneaky NH? Good, you didn't pay attention to the sounds.

Not only that, but you have grappling hooks that give a view of the map.

There's a reason why the developers made a survivor sense in this multiplayer mode, and there's a reason why there's a spit suppressor spit now. Without the sense humans would be demolished and it would make the game unbalanced.

If you have such high reflexes then you try playing a match without using your survivor sense with friends and without friends. Then tell me how that goes since you have grappling hooks that give you a great view of the map plus the Hunter's sounds.

Did you say the game would be unbalanced if they took out SS? The game is already unbalanced!

Let me teach you tips on how to dodge SS spit.

Step 1: Dodge

Step 2: Flare

Step 3:Profit???

There has been many players playing without SS including Chaos and No_other.

They said it was fine and would be much more balanced, HECK they even asked the developers to remove it!

Also weren't you the guy making tons of post saying the game is unbalanced?

Broko. 

As I previously said " I have a friend on Twitch that did a No Survivor Sense 1 VS 1 " Live on Stream at My Request, and was Successful.

The Game took a little longer due to the Caution required.  But it made for a more exciting match as it was not devolved into the rush fest that it usually is.

Now Factor in another 3 Humans into this Scenario. And Survivor Sense is even less Necessary. 

As it stands, Survivor Sense is Over Powered Especially in 4 VS 1 Games. 

Edited by Chaos_Deception

Sounds like the community is much more Pro H​unter now.

Hunters get a little taste of Humans without their Survivor sense with the Sense suppressor and now they want them to stay that way.

Sounds like the community is much more Pro H​unter now.

It depends.. as the number of human players increase in Be the Zombie, it favors human players. Techland is somehow unable to figure how to keep it balanced. When it's Night Hunter vs two or more players, with many humans having 99+ medkits and an infinite amount of supplies to make infinite weapons like arrows at this point, and the all night hunter has to begin are 2 spits, the mode becomes pathetically unbalanced. If youre lucky to snipe a player with a spit, the human can simply pull out a shield which somehow blocks a spit that the hunter managed to stick to them..???? (spit's already stuck to them and yet they can block it?) If youre even more lucky to get spit on them, in Old Town they'll simply jump in the water until the spit's effect wears off. Speaking of the water, human players can jump on and kill the hunter and heal others while in the water and the Hunter can do absolutely nothing to human players while humans are in the water.

There's little to no chance the hunter will land one of the players on spike with a ground pound or tackle. Again if you luckily land a human on spikes, both ground pound and tackle leaves the hunter open for an attack by one of the other human players (likely kicking the hunter on the same spikes) unless the hunter flies out immediately after landing one tackle or ground pound, which defeats the purpose of attacking if you have to flee. Then again, it's not like the Hunter has 99+ medkits to quickly use and then jump back in battle. Ground Pound spamming can only go so far when there is more than two players.

Balancing, a term Techland is having trouble with.

Edited by NullExoZombies

The Night Hunter is fine -.- stop crying...this game is perfecly balance...just check this video

LOL!

the Hunter's only hope was clawing..... LOL.... while you instantly heal yourself.

You're playing on easy and somehow feel you can chime in on difficulty

Edited by NullExoZombies

It depends.. as the number of human players increase in Be the Zombie, it favors human players. Techland is somehow unable to figure how to keep it balanced. When it's Night Hunter vs two or more players, with many humans having 99+ medkits and an infinite amount of supplies to make infinite weapons like arrows at this point, and the all night hunter has to begin are 2 spits, the mode becomes pathetically unbalanced.

This is the glaring issue here; it's not about imbalance, but exploitive behavior on the Human side, and the plethora of no-consequence glitches available to them.

I've played the Night Hunter enough to know that there are ways around most Human strategies. Dodge spam is incredibly Human-sided, but it has its weakness if you can predict what direction they're going in and attack/spit accordingly. Camping, when implemented in non-glitched areas, is a piss-poor troll strategy that results in drawn out - but easy - victories for the Night Hunter. Grapplers can be Tackled or side-Pounced. Driftwoods get timed out. Safe-House campers get timed out.

But the exploits prevent the game's back-end from creating balance. Can you imagine how different this game would be if players couldn't bring duped, infinite inventories into PVP? If using Flares was a risk, because you knew you would need to go farm/make more afterward? If Night Hunter potions were as rare as their benefits would suggest?

Infinite Invsibility. Infinite Flares. Infinite Medkits. Being able to use infinite care packages to block doors. Safe Houses that don't time-out players. Water areas that don't time-out players. Two-way floors and walls inaccesible by the Hunter. The shield glitch. These are glitches. Exploits. And there are many more than what's listed. These are all allowed in a PVP mode, and only for one side of the fight. It's just so weird that this has been allowed for this long.

And I say allowed, because we've brought these issues to the Devs and can't seem to get any headway with getting these people banned. Every game has glitches. It's not that rare. Anyone played Destiny? That game had an issue when you could just start off the match with infinite Rocket Launchers and dominate PVP.

But you know what? They banned those players. Fast. They said, "We can track this, we'll just ban them if they do it. No need to report for this - we can just see them do it." And now no one does it. They never even fixed it! They just said, "Look, if you do it, you're banned" and no one does it anymore, even though you still can.

The amount of videos/screenshots I have of players sitting in inaccessible walls/floors/tunnels, just farming wins, is staggering. Players who've used 47 Invisibilty potions in a single match, still lost, and disconnected at the end of the match. Players who've thrown 400+ Flares in a single match. Players who bring infinite potions into the matches and say, "What's wrong with having an endless inventory? It's just easier for me to play."

But these videos mean nothing, because these practices have no consequences for said players.

The game has its problems, but so does any other online experience. It's not the game; it's the people. And as long as these people continue to be allowed to be a part of the DL community, nothing will change. They're toxic, plain and simple.

I think the reason it's gone on so long is simply because it's not an easy problem for them to solve. Of course we have made suggestions that seem entirely possible based on previous patches but we still don't know how easy they are to implement or how that fits into their development cycle. I know I've said this before but I suspect they are putting more resources into the single player and campaign dlc than they are in BtZ, evidenced by the fact that Pete has been the sole voice on BtZ for quite some time now.

Another thing to mention is they probably don't have the capability of banning people. I'm not sure how it works in this since BtZ is a setting, an option. Survivors are the ones hosting matches, we simply invade their games just as someone would join for co-op. Now I can see how you'd ban someone on the night hunter side but on the survivor side it doesn't seem that simple.

I feel like at this point trying to ban players or modify inventories is a pointless endeavor. Because this has been going on for so LONG it's fostered a environment of entitled survivor players. These players feel like it's their birth right to win, to humiliate and harass the night hunter. We joined "their" game, therefore they are gods and have the right to do as they please. This is the survivor mentality. They enjoy playing with an unfair advantage. Take that away and you'll probably lose a big chunk of the player base. It's either they play their way or they don't play at all, and that hurts us. It also doesn't help that that the game is completely tailored to that kind of player.

Unless the night hunter community splits up and takes turns as the survivors then we're never truly going to have balanced matches. Then again I don't see that happening because no one wants to be overpowered, that's why we play the night hunter right? (ironic I know).

I feel like at this point trying to ban players or modify inventories is a pointless endeavor. Because this has been going on for so LONG it's fostered a environment of entitled survivor players. These players feel like it's their birth right to win, to humiliate and harass the night hunter.

This is the one part I really can't agree on. I get that the changes we want are difficult, and 1 out of 100 will be implemented. But allowing toxic players to freely perverse online modes? I just don't see how that benefits anyone.

Night Hunter had Infinite Spits for a while, and GP-Cancel. People used it, even though they knew it was a glitch. When it was removed, Night Hunters didn't cease to exist. There are even more Night Hunters than Humans playing the mode.

Humans have been nerfed three times, but they're still playing. "Be the Zombie" itself has pushed in the direction of balance pretty dang far, but it's never going to be a "balanced" game until the use of exploits/glitches/duping is eradicated completely. This doesn't happen by blocking a few Safe Houses and plugging up a few two-way floors and walls - players will just find more. It stops when players think, "If I keep trying to cheat and looking for new ways to cheat, instead of playing, I won't get to play at all anymore."

I used Destiny as an example before, but it's an honestly apt example. You can still set your clock back on the PS4 and gain infinite Heavy ammo. But why? You'll be banned within a few matches. Maybe you get a good day out of it, max. Then seven days of offline banning. And after that? Permanent. Not even just PVP - you can't play at all. They just bar you from the servers, and Destiny is online only.

You can still disconnect before Trials of Osiris matches to pick your opponents. But you know you'll be banned for matchmaking manipulation after a few consecutive matches of doing this. It's not even "cheating"; just dropping out of matches beforehand so you don't face tough opponents. But it's toxic for the community and devalues the reward of making it to the Lighthouse, so it's bannable.

As players, we shouldn't have to deal with those whose sole purpose is to debase others and their experience in the game. I wouldn't want a game where I have inifinte spits, and I don't want a game where Humans have infinite Flares. And, above all, I don't want my or others' experience plagued by those who would rather exploit than play. No one does. These people don't belong online, where their actions affect others. Period.

Simply put, there should be banning in this game. No, we shouldn't know if and when someone was banned. No, we shouldn't have a thread where we post cheaters' videos and ridicule them, begging the Devs to do away with them. But we should have the ability to report (and a dedicated place to report) toxic players, privately, to the people who can do something about it, especially with video footage and/or screenshots. We don't have that now, but wouldn't it be nice if every other post on the thread wasn't, "Here's a 4th video featuring this blatant cheater/hacker/duper/glitcher/exploiter, why isn't he banned?"

Disallow access to online modes in the game for a period of time. 7 days is the general amount for a first-time ban. It says, "What you're doing detracts from others' experience of the game. If you want to continue playing, do so appropriately. Otherwise, feel free to play alone." And when they come back? You know damn well they won't cheat again. Mostly because, if they do, they won't be around to do it a third time.

And, honestly, if they're so hell-bent on skirting the system that they're willing to risk permanent banning... the game's rated M for a reason.

This is the one part I really can't agree on. I get that the changes we want are difficult, and 1 out of 100 will be implemented. But allowing toxic players to freely perverse online modes? I just don't see how that benefits anyone.

Night Hunter had Infinite Spits for a while, and GP-Cancel. People used it, even though they knew it was a glitch. When it was removed, Night Hunters didn't cease to exist. There are even more Night Hunters than Humans playing the mode.

Humans have been nerfed three times, but they're still playing. "Be the Zombie" itself has pushed in the direction of balance pretty dang far, but it's never going to be a "balanced" game until the use of exploits/glitches/duping is eradicated completely. This doesn't happen by blocking a few Safe Houses and plugging up a few two-way floors and walls - players will just find more. It stops when players think, "If I keep trying to cheat and looking for new ways to cheat, instead of playing, I won't get to play at all anymore."

I used Destiny as an example before, but it's an honestly apt example. You can still set your clock back on the PS4 and gain infinite Heavy ammo. But why? You'll be banned within a few matches. Maybe you get a good day out of it, max. Then seven days of offline banning. And after that? Permanent. Not even just PVP - you can't play at all. They just bar you from the servers, and Destiny is online only.

You can still disconnect before Trials of Osiris matches to pick your opponents. But you know you'll be banned for matchmaking manipulation after a few consecutive matches of doing this. It's not even "cheating"; just dropping out of matches beforehand so you don't face tough opponents. But it's toxic for the community and devalues the reward of making it to the Lighthouse, so it's bannable.

As players, we shouldn't have to deal with those whose sole purpose is to debase others and their experience in the game. I wouldn't want a game where I have inifinte spits, and I don't want a game where Humans have infinite Flares. And, above all, I don't want my or others' experience plagued by those who would rather exploit than play. No one does. These people don't belong online, where their actions affect others. Period.

Simply put, there should be banning in this game. No, we shouldn't know if and when someone was banned. No, we shouldn't have a thread where we post cheaters' videos and ridicule them, begging the Devs to do away with them. But we should have the ability to report (and a dedicated place to report) toxic players, privately, to the people who can do something about it, especially with video footage and/or screenshots. We don't have that now, but wouldn't it be nice if every other post on the thread wasn't, "Here's a 4th video featuring this blatant cheater/hacker/duper/glitcher/exploiter, why isn't he banned?"

Disallow access to online modes in the game for a period of time. 7 days is the general amount for a first-time ban. It says, "What you're doing detracts from others' experience of the game. If you want to continue playing, do so appropriately. Otherwise, feel free to play alone." And when they come back? You know damn well they won't cheat again. Mostly because, if they do, they won't be around to do it a third time.

And, honestly, if they're so hell-bent on skirting the system that they're willing to risk permanent banning... the game's rated M for a reason.

Well we can't really compare night hunter exploits with survivor ones. Infinite spit and ground pound cancel were discovered and subsequently used to combat overpowered end game survivors who had multiple things at their disposal which included ohks on everything (EXPcalibur), no flare cooldown, DfAs from evaded tackles, no uv light range or recharge reduction, etc. The infinite spit and gp cancel actually made matches fair.

Night hunters were good before and after the exploits. Survivor play has always centered aroundtheir exploits whether voluntarily or not.

Also the survivor nerfs so far have not been serious enough to stop them from abusing game mechanics. They just simply adjust by using new exploits or bypassing current limitations (glitch campers to avoid timeouts, spacing flares to avoid cooldown, etc). When night hunter players lost infinite spit and gp cancel they lost everything and err forced to play the game the way it was intended. Survivors can still play how they want when they want, and many survivor players enjoy that freedom. Take away just one thing and you see them run to the forums and complain that the have is unplayable until the next exploit discovered, then you never see them again. Once they lose everything I highly suspect these players will stop playing and move on because the game mode is no longer "fun."

As much as I want bans be implemented I just don't think it's possible. Out of the almost 8 months that I've been playing this I haven't once heard of a single player being banned. Instead they try to "fix" all the exploits that make players who abuse them ban worthy e.g. duping items and brining them into PvP matches. If it really were possible to ban someone then it would have happened already. Either techland doesn't have the ability to ban people because of the way the game setup OR they have some sort of strict policy that prevents them from doing so. Either way I don't see it ever happening at this point.

Take away just one thing and you see them run to the forums and complain that the have is unplayable until the next exploit discovered, then you never see them again. Once they lose everything I highly suspect these players will stop playing and move on because the game mode is no longer "fun."

This is the Night Hunter, though, except there is no "next exploit" for us. But we still play, and we've been playing since release. The game is insanely fun, and it's not like 100% of Human players cheat. I win/lose to normal players all the time; cheaters are only prevalent because they're allowed to be prevalent. It's a tainted pool to begin with.

We can't know Human players will outright leave the moment they can't cheat, and if they do... are we really losing players that should have been part of the community in the first place? Even though Humans have been nerfed three times, there are still games to be played. I just don't see the evidence that the game will become empty (more than it already is for high-end Hunters) if cheating is removed from the equation.

The new DLC is coming out and should add quite a bit to the game. That draws in new players and old players just waiting for a new experience, which means even more Humans to play against as the Night Hunters. It's the perfect time to implement a new method of enhancing the experience. Techland has had multiple messages/videos appear on the screen during/before gameplay; I don't see why one can't be used to address - albeit subtly - toxic practices.

A multiplayer update video going over some of the recent BtZ changes, along with a lighthearted, "And for new players and veteran Survivors alike, remember to play nice! Unfair practices such as glitching in/out of the map and manipulating matchmaking can be tracked, so stick to your guns - metaphorically speaking - and take back the city of Harran with honor." would be more than enough to effectively say, "Don't cheat, or you won't be online for long."

As much as I want bans be implemented I just don't think it's possible. Out of the almost 8 months that I've been playing this I haven't once heard of a single player being banned. Instead they try to "fix" all the exploits that make players who abuse them ban worthy e.g. duping items and brining them into PvP matches. If it really were possible to ban someone then it would have happened already. Either techland doesn't have the ability to ban people because of the way the game setup OR they have some sort of strict policy that prevents them from doing so. Either way I don't see it ever happening at this point.

You brought up this point previously and I absolutely agree - there's something Techland isn't telling players regarding bans, whether it be technical or legal. I can't attest to understanding the ins and outs of development, but it seems a little confusing that they wouldn't have control over their own game.

Dying Light has ToS; why would they if they couldn't enforce it? There's another side to this we're not hearing and it would definitely clear up some of the confusion.

Regardless, it's something that needs attention and I'm glad we're discussing it in droves. The Devs have been consistent at communicating what little they can, and I'm hoping this continues to come up. Not that I enjoy swathes of "Ban this guy" posts; I just want to see action taken so they don't come up anymore.