Sign in to follow this  
Molda22

Splitscreen On Consoles

Is there any chance of having splitscreen for consoles? That would be so awesome. These days, everything is more and more "online" and you rarely have a chance to play a good game with your friends in one room on one console, having fun, having couple of beers etc. This is game that would really shine in splitscreen.

I know i've read somewhere that the splitscreen won't be available, but is it set in stone? Is there any chance that in the end splitscreen could make it into the game? And if really not, coul you guys enlighten us why? Thanks

It does sound like allot of fun, but I'm not sure this game would be right for it, i personally wont be playing on a console so i don't really feel your pain, not sure why but it would just seem weird if this game had it, would it create a whole new character for the other person to play? or what if your higher level then your friend who wants to play, and not much has been said about the loot system but if the game had split-screen i imagine there might be a way to exploit it. Perhaps if it just created a temporary character that didn't get loot or something i don't know, sound allot easier to just get your friend to buy the game.

There was a lot of talk about having a split-screen mode, but when we looked at the overall gaming trend, it seems that split-screen is slowly fading away. I know what you mean Molda22 when you talked about playing with your friends sitting on one couch and playing together – it is really fun. However, there is a lot of things that need to be done “under the hood†to optimize the game for a split-screen co-op, so for the time being we decided against it.

Thanks a lot Michal for the answer, i really appreciate it. It is not very often that you see devs using some of their time to interact with the community. (Although your answer didn't really cheer me up at all :D ) It is a modern trend and it is sad. Some years back, most of the games had some form of splitscreen. Now it's like 1 game out of 1000. I think the reasons are quite simple (generally speaking, not talking about you guys now) - no splitscreen in games means more consoles sold, more games sold, more PSN+/xboxlive account purchased - that's it. But i understand your reasons for not having one.  Have a nice day and good luck in upcoming months before release.

Thanks a lot Michal for the answer, i really appreciate it. It is not very often that you see devs using some of their time to interact with the community. (Although your answer didn't really cheer me up at all :D ) It is a modern trend and it is sad. Some years back, most of the games had some form of splitscreen. Now it's like 1 game out of 1000. I think the reasons are quite simple (generally speaking, not talking about you guys now) - no splitscreen in games means more consoles sold, more games sold, more PSN+/xboxlive account purchased - that's it. But i understand your reasons for not having one.  Have a nice day and good luck in upcoming months before release.

Come on, man! Everyone has their console! Just bring them AND their 56'' TV to your house and play!

Nah I get what you mean. It was fun back then.