angel129116

Companion App Packages Not Working

Question

I've been using the Companion app for about a week now and linked my profile with my Steam account when setting up. I used to be able to sent packages over fine but about 4 days ago it stopped. I've tried numerous times now but nothing ever pops in game. 

Are you having problems? I've also unlinked and relinked my steam on dockets.dyinglightgame site but still no luck.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks for your quick reply. Ok, I see. How should I proceed? Should I just try it again every now and then, or will there be some sort of notification? Is this a ps4 or an companion app issue?

I think you guys are doing a great job! Responsiveness is very fast, and both, game and app are a lot of fun. Looking forward to when it's all working again.

Hi Bartosz, somehow it is working again now! I already sent myself three stuffed packages, and I also already traded two dockets! Thanks a lot, you are awesome!

Was it a bug or did I do something wrong? In other words: is there a danger of it not working again?

Anyway, really grateful for the fix! Thank you very much!

Ryumu did your packages just show up? The ones you already sent? I didn't see mine come in yesterday and have been waiting for a week. If you recommend any other steps please let me know. Going crazy over here 🤒🤕

Hi th3morg. Yes, I don't know what happened, but it seems to be working again now. I was going crazy too. First of all, don't play single player game. If you don't want anyone disturbing your game, just set your game to private or friends only in the online menu. Then I was trying over and over again without success, until Bartosz - admin here - did something. I sent multiple packages for trying, but only the last arrived, once it was working again. Since then, I didn't have any more problems yet. If you didn't have any dockets yet, try registering in that dockets-site, link your psn-account and redeem some codes. Once things work properly again, you will immediately see your dockets at the quartermaster. Then your packages from the app may be arriving again. I started trying out unimportant stuff before I was sure everything is working again. Still, I mainly send only medipacks.

If nothing works, ask Bartosz if he could have a look at your account. ;-)

Good luck!

Hi!

I'm having issues also. Care packages were working fine at first, then they suddenly stopped coming. I've wasted a bunch of items by trying different fixes and resending. I've tried logging in & out of the app, relinking my console to the account, switching to online mode... nothing seems to be working. Is there something else that can be done? Maybe I'm just not doing something correctly?

From what I know the PS4 issue should be resolved. If you didn't get your stuff please check quartermaster to be sure and try to send new item or add new docket.

@Electricwookie I see that you have some dockets on your account and a few items from CA. Try to send some additional and let me know if it worked.

Sorry Bartosz, no such luck on my end.

I've tried:

• Logging in & out of the Companion App

• Unlinking & relinking my PS4 to the account

• Turnning on Online Play within the game

• Resending a new small care package after trying each of the above.

Is there a certain sequence to doing these? Is there something else I can try?

Dear Bartosz!

First of all i really enjoy playing Dying Light, i think it is a really unique and great game. As for the companion app i am using recently i have problems. None of my packages arrive, altough i am having constant notification that my package has arrived i should receive them at the quartermaster, but there is nothing. About the Dockets i can receive them without any problem. I did the log out / log in on both the app, and online. I am having a PC link via Steam.

THank you for looking into this. It is only a game but it is fun so i would like to have the full experience. :) I hope this forum is still active. :D

Gergely

On 10/24/2017 at 10:32 AM, Gergely Sőregi said:

Dear Bartosz!

First of all i really enjoy playing Dying Light, i think it is a really unique and great game. As for the companion app i am using recently i have problems. None of my packages arrive, altough i am having constant notification that my package has arrived i should receive them at the quartermaster, but there is nothing. About the Dockets i can receive them without any problem. I did the log out / log in on both the app, and online. I am having a PC link via Steam.

THank you for looking into this. It is only a game but it is fun so i would like to have the full experience. :) I hope this forum is still active. :D

Gergely

hate to bump old posts, (at least i didnt bump it first XD) but i am having the same problem our friend Gergely is having, i am PC/steam connected.

im using the same email address as i have for the game/app

34 minutes ago, Deklyn said:

hate to bump old posts, (at least i didnt bump it first XD) but i am having the same problem our friend Gergely is having, i am PC/steam connected.

im using the same email address as i have for the game/app

Hahaha yes i tought this post is going to be dead, but i have news. I asked for a ticket, and after the 4th email i sent to the support, explaining that i use the same email and same account for both the app and the game and throughly explaining that i am not stupid, and even sent a screenshot, finally i got forwarded to debugging. I haven't got any replies from them, but suddenly the packages started WORKING!!! I have an idea that this is somekind of a database problem on their side maybe? If you have this , i give you the advice to write to Techlands support with a picture ( i did a pic with the quartermaster "None" while the notification was still on the screen. YOu have to wait and time right, but they get the picture instantly. Or maybe in my case it was pure luck and it started to work suddenly... :D

On 2/5/2016 at 7:23 AM, Bartosz Buczeluk said:

No there is not. It's weird that it won't work for you. Could you please try this docket:
2de34c2944

and tell me if it will show up at the quartermaster?

Yeah...all of you can use it...but don't expect to much - it's just one common item. :P

ive all but given up on the app :(

i know support is doing their best but i dont think they know what is actually going on this was the last reply i got and it doesnt seem they know what they were talking about...i mean no disrespect...

Dear

Re-download your App, please. Try removing your SD card and see if you can launch the App then. If it does not work, uninstall the updated version of Google Playstore in your settings/apps/all, please. You may have to repeat the process 2 or 3 times.

Best Regards
Techland Support

i just dont think they are very tech savvy...SD cards are not like the old nintendo games that you consistently place and remove all the time..and if they are actually trying i appologize, but it seems like they are just trying to get rid of me or think i dont know how to trouble shoot...again i mean no disrespect im trying my best to stay as polite as possible...but this is getting very frustrating..

i am using the same email address and everything

Edited by Deklyn

Oh, ok but what exactly is your problem? You can play app normally but when you want to transfer loot it doesn't show up in DL? I see that you had one item sent. I also did small change to your account so it's possible that you'll get another one. Or maybe the game notify you that you received something but you can't find it?

Believe me when I say that support really tries whatever they can to help you. I get prompted by them whenever there is something related to my area and they don't have their solution yet. And it's not uncommon that some problems can have different roots. So they mostly try to solutions that work the most.

Hey so about two years ago I played dying light on ps4 and now I'm getting back into but on PC. I use to use the ps4 and CA together so I figured I'd do the same with PC, I linked my steam account and get dockets fine but I'm not getting any care packages in-game at the quartermaster. If you could help that would be awesome!