Sign in to follow this  
merlew

Ps4 Fps

Hello, I thought I would stop by to ask a question. I own both a custom PC (i5, 16gb DDR5 ram, GTX980) and a PS4. I bought dying light for my ps4 so im not locked away in my office and can spend some time with lady in the main room while I play dying light. The graphics actually are not that bad on the ps4, however I have noticed a HUGE issue. Whenever there are more than 10 or so zombies on the screen at once the games frame rate is easily dropping below 15 fps.... Now I played on a monitor back in the day that sucked with a computer that sucked so I know that 30 FPS isn't some terrible plight, but I also know what 15fps and below looks like from playing on my previous computer. Don't get me wrong, Dying light is the best game to come out on the PS4 as of yet in my opinion outside of TLOU, but why even develop a game that can't even handle a constant 30 fps? I'm talking when you go to places and fight a lot of zombies like challenge missions. Is this something I am personally experiencing on the ps4? I know it is a computer issue because of optimization, but I can't find any threads on ps4 fps drops. I find this to be an issue because 30 fps should ALWAYS be the end all lowest fps rate allowed imo. Can anyone let me know if they are aware and trying to fix this, or is this something wrong with my ps4? You'd think 30 fps wouldn't be a whole lot to ask for. 

thank you,

merlew

My 60" has a refresh rate of 120hz.

it might drop some with that much content on screen...but good god its ALOT of content...to be honest...I really haven't noticed lag,if you will,and if it has.I sure haven't been bothered by it

Edited by TheShift

i havnt had any issues on my ps4 either. game is silky smooth even with loads of zombies on the screen. wouldnt say its bang on 30fps but its not much lower if it does drop an its defo not noticeable. 

maybe its an issue with your ps4 somewhere. maybe try deleting the game an re-installing it. or formating your hdd or something. depends if it happens with other games or not. if its jus dying light maybe jus try installing the game again.