tzeiss94

Consequences Of Dying

I sure hope there is. It is supposed to be used as a learning tool, not a punishment. Perma death is punishment lol. I think everyone has had their hands held for so long by wow that devs are scared to put any kind of consequence in. I come from eq where you lose exp and your corpse left to be looted. Anyhow I think simply losing a slight amount of exp percent per lvl couldn't hurt but sting enough to make you learn from a mistake or stop people from using respawn tactics to kill a boss.

I sure hope there is. It is supposed to be used as a learning tool, not a punishment. Perma death is punishment lol. I think everyone has had their hands held for so long by wow that devs are scared to put any kind of consequence in. I come from eq where you lose exp and your corpse left to be looted. Anyhow I think simply losing a slight amount of exp percent per lvl couldn't hurt but sting enough to make you learn from a mistake or stop people from using respawn tactics to kill a boss.

I agree there should be a mode and achievement for that.

-15% exp  and -10% currency upon death. It's not much, but it is enough to teach you a lesson if you are super reckless and keep dying.  Games like Hellraid are pretty fast paced. You gain everything quite fast. 

Edited by Korrupt

-15% exp  and -10% currency upon death. It's not much, but it is enough to teach you a lesson if you are super reckless and keep dying.  Games like Hellraid are pretty fast paced. You gain everything quite fast

Fair enough that would not be too bad.

-15% exp and -10% currency upon death. It's not much, but it is enough to teach you a lesson if you are super reckless and keep dying. Games like Hellraid are pretty fast paced. You gain everything quite fast.

Yes, and most people are smart enough to bank all the time which leaves almost exclusively your exp to be hit. 15% could almost be considered nothing depending on how fast leveling is and how many levels there are.

I would not like it it's like it's punishing the player.

See this guy like millions of other players I'm sure are frightened by the idea until he saw numbers, 15 and 10% for loss and then accepted it.

On the ps3 the game Dungeon Hunter: Alliance had a percent of money loss on death. You get money so fast that it hardly mattered.

Edited by L7Diro

Yes, and most people are smart enough to bank all the time which leaves almost exclusively your exp to be hit. 15% could almost be considered nothing depending on how fast leveling is and how many levels there are.

See this guy like millions of other players I'm sure are frightened by the idea until he saw numbers, 15 and 10% for loss and then accepted it.

On the ps3 the game Dungeon Hunter: Alliance had a percent of money loss on death. You get money so fast that it hardly mattered.

Yea if it's 10 15 % i'm ok because you farm etc for so long then all you'r hard work is down the tubes. Dont get me wrong i'm not a casual gamer. I tend not to like them because they hurt games and publishers pander to them for more sales. Like they would dumb the game down take out stuff that they think would be to hard and turn off the casual gamer etc..

The way I see it Hellraid is the kind of game where there should be lots of consequences to dying. The game is a dungeon raider simulator; players should progress carefully, watch for traps, feel the danger at every corners, learn to pary their opponent's moves, etc. Each piece of loot should be compared for their advantage and disadvantage. Players should have to make weighty decisions on their builds, even very early on and each skill points should reflect it.

Hellraid is most likely be a replayable game also, so getting punished for failing somewhere somehow, it's not like it's the end of the world really. Also the game will feature difficulties as I'm aware of, but i'd really like normal difficulty to be for veteran/serious players, hard difficulty to be like, you know, hard as the name says it, not just for newcomers but also for people who already played the game.

The consequences of dying would change from difficulties, but i'd like harsh consequences just on normal already..! :D  ;)  Cuz that's how the game should be meant to be played. Actually would be nice that if a player dies often, he would just find it impossible to keep progressing in the game. It's punishing, ok, but it's also an encouragement to restart over and try a new build, or the same but better. Now the only problem is not to be too much punishing and thus limiting the amount of viable builds as a result. A hardcore mode would be awesome too : )

Something that comes to my mind for dying would be:

-Losing some progress by restarting at last checkpoint (could be called life shrine, or something in relation to dungeons or fitting with the lore/ambience in general). In co-op the dead player goes in spec mode until his mates get to a new life shrine. Note: when restarting, the player keeps all the drops he found but for example every mob he killed or chest he opened won't drop anything that time (same goes with the exp). Also he gets back his health pots and mana pots or whatever buffer he used before he died in that area.

-But also add in some mecanism to make people not want to die at all. Never dying should not be rewarded because it's like making the most succesful players even more succesful. Living should be reward enough for those. But when dying, there should definitely be something bad about this. For that it's kind of hard to find something that will please everybody, so that's why it should change with every difficulties as said above. Perhaps a life orb system for normal difficulties and above, whereas if you run out of them you're permanently dead, or sent to mission mode until you get back new life orbs. they should be rewarded for quests and also as rare happy drops. there should be refund orbs too that comes with quests and rare drops :D 

I'll see if there's interesting stuff that comes to my mind about this... but I guess it's just better left in the hands of the devs because they know their game best after all, ha! : ) so peace 

The way I see it Hellraid is the kind of game where there should be lots of consequences to dying. The game is a dungeon raider simulator; players should progress carefully, watch for traps, feel the danger at every corners, learn to pary their opponent's moves, etc. Each piece of loot should be compared for their advantage and disadvantage. Players should have to make weighty decisions on their builds, even very early on and each skill points should reflect it.

Hellraid is most likely be a replayable game also, so getting punished for failing somewhere somehow, it's not like it's the end of the world really. Also the game will feature difficulties as I'm aware of, but i'd really like normal difficulty to be for veteran/serious players, hard difficulty to be like, you know, hard as the name says it, not just for newcomers but also for people who already played the game.

The consequences of dying would change from difficulties, but i'd like harsh consequences just on normal already..! :D  ;)  Cuz that's how the game should be meant to be played. Actually would be nice that if a player dies often, he would just find it impossible to keep progressing in the game. It's punishing, ok, but it's also an encouragement to restart over and try a new build, or the same but better. Now the only problem is not to be too much punishing and thus limiting the amount of viable builds as a result. A hardcore mode would be awesome too : )

Something that comes to my mind for dying would be:

-Losing some progress by restarting at last checkpoint (could be called life shrine, or something in relation to dungeons or fitting with the lore/ambience in general). In co-op the dead player goes in spec mode until his mates get to a new life shrine. Note: when restarting, the player keeps all the drops he found but for example every mob he killed or chest he opened won't drop anything that time (same goes with the exp). Also he gets back his health pots and mana pots or whatever buffer he used before he died in that area.

-But also add in some mecanism to make people not want to die at all. Never dying should not be rewarded because it's like making the most succesful players even more succesful. Living should be reward enough for those. But when dying, there should definitely be something bad about this. For that it's kind of hard to find something that will please everybody, so that's why it should change with every difficulties as said above. Perhaps a life orb system for normal difficulties and above, whereas if you run out of them you're permanently dead, or sent to mission mode until you get back new life orbs. they should be rewarded for quests and also as rare happy drops. there should be refund orbs too that comes with quests and rare drops :D

I'll see if there's interesting stuff that comes to my mind about this... but I guess it's just better left in the hands of the devs because they know their game best after all, ha! : ) so peace 

Really great ideas keep it up man.