Sign in to follow this  
Radikal

Radikal Harran Survival Mod

Copy pasta from my nexus file

This mod aim for Dying Light "trailer like" gameplay where everything look threatening enough at day, while the night are only meant for seasoned runner.

Current mod achievement (so far)
  • New Night Mode system, your action will produce sound that attract more Night Walker (night viral type). Either go stealth, GO LOUD!!, or go home.
  • Survivor event at night, are you willing to risk your life for saving random person....at night??
  • Hostile Survivor, some people are desperate enough to get what they need in order to survive.
  • Brand new loot tier system, Instead of getting current weapon level tier over and over. the weapon you get will be randomized, where the higher the weapon tier, the harder the percentage to get it.
  • Huge nerf to melee weapon, now top tier two-handed weapon only does 300 damage max.
  • Firearms adjusting making pistol type worth using (Hitting enemy in arm and leg now also do bonus damage). Also swapping police rifle characteristic with military rifle.
  • Increase Rifle Ammo to 150, Pistol to 80.
  • Explosive, Increasing explosive damage while limiting the max ammount of explosive you can carry to 5 only.
  • Remove day Viral icon on radar. Now you have to depend on the voice.

Preview Skill (for testing purpose, will be removed later on)
  • Enable Takedown (stomp, front & back takedown) at power lv.
  • Enable charge attack at power lv.2

On Progress
  • Specialization skill (Planned, still working on it), make your character doing better at some stuff, while reducing the the other stat.

Also special thx to techland to make modding possible (and fun ofc). I hope the modding tool allow us to access certain data that require hexcode or other complicated stuff that i don't undertand

Feel free to post about feedback and stuff here :D

Edited by Radikal

I like the ideas there mate, i've requested a way to nerf current weapons or boost enemy health, but your alternative of making weapons such as swords super rare might be a good option too.. at least keeping it in line with survival. 

I would be a big fan of making the biters act more like virals at night... all of them! - So that you HAVE to run. 

I like the ideas there mate, i've requested a way to nerf current weapons or boost enemy health, but your alternative of making weapons such as swords super rare might be a good option too.. at least keeping it in line with survival. 

I would be a big fan of making the biters act more like virals at night... all of them! - So that you HAVE to run. 

Why don't you check the stuff that i already made by yourself?

Edited by Radikal

Hey dude, I've been using your mod and I'm loving it. I only have one request however, can you make it so that it's harder to level up? There is already a mod out there that changes skills but it doesn't change the XP needed to level up, instead it makes it so you can't have all the skills in one tree because some cost up to 3 or 4 skill points. I'd love if you could make it just harder to level up.

Cheers!

Hey dude, I've been using your mod and I'm loving it. I only have one request however, can you make it so that it's harder to level up? There is already a mod out there that changes skills but it doesn't change the XP needed to level up, instead it makes it so you can't have all the skills in one tree because some cost up to 3 or 4 skill points. I'd love if you could make it just harder to level up.

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback, i think the problem currently lies in exp modifier since the higher lvl you have the more exp you got, also the some core skill are available at late game. Just removing the exp modifier will make the game tedious enough and turn it into a grindfest. I will think about other solution though.

Thanks for the feedback, i think the problem currently lies in exp modifier since the higher lvl you have the more exp you got, also the some core skill are available at late game. Just removing the exp modifier will make the game tedious enough and turn it into a grindfest. I will think about other solution though.

Hi Radikal,

You can change the exp required for each level and for each skill in the following file:

/data/skills/default_levels.xml

You can even add more levels which are harder to attain (more experience required between levels). This is what I've done in my mod.

Hope it helps :)

So we can mod the game ourselves and change aspects of the game?!? That's awesome! How is that done???

Yep, all you have to do is to extract data0.pak and edit the speisific file that you want with your trusty notpad++, still for PC version only though.

Edited by Radikal