Michał Napora

The Official Modding Tools Thread

This game needs to be more customizable:

-Create your own Character. (include, clothes/tattoos & body mass/hight)

-Create your own weapons (Gun/Weapon camos/attatchments)

-Create your own  map (Map editor with Multiplayer support)

-Drivable vehicles (This was the only missing element to the game for me.)

Soon, you'll be able to create your own version of a zombie outbreak. We've been working on a set of Modding Tools for some time, but we would also love to hear your thoughts on the issue. 

So, tell us what would you like to see in our modding tools. What would you like to create with it? What would you like to do with them? 

I want to be able to create a custom map that is independent from ( meaning it cannot access) the campaign maps, side missions, and campaign plot missions. In this custom map I would like to be able to create my own map areas, side missions, and campaign plot missions. I would like to be able to edit my custom map so that I can create unique buildings, unique areas, and maybe even unique zombies. I would like to be able to place zombies wherever I want and customize how much zombies are in an area. I would like to be able to customize aspects of night and day. I would like to be able to customize the minimap and Survivor Sense. I would like to be able to customize the items and decide which items can be found in chests and other containers. I would love to be able to make it so that every door is accessible; in the regular game as it is right now, there are many doors I cannot go through.

Edited by JJA

New multiplayer

. 6 teams

. Each team of 4 players.

. 3 teams in each city.

. Game mode similar to the cooperative mode, with all that the world offers, but without the missions.

. No counting points or deaths without missions, aimless. Free game!

. Deliveries are made by airplanes, weapons and rare items.

. Teams and/or opposing players will not appear on the map. Increasing the expectation of encountering an opponent group at any team.

How to work?

You standing alone or in group (team), at the sight of deliveries, will go to the map point. So if you have interest in acquiring new weapons and rare items. As it comes to weapons and rare items, the other teams will also have interest. We automatically points of conflict.

Each team can heal companions (as in the cooperative). You'll have to load the team to eliminate the opposing teams.

Players just after they die, they will lose the equipped weapons (not the backpack) and an amount of money to be stipulated.

These weapons and money will be in the body at the discretion of the survivors opponents plunder or not.

What did you think? In my opinion, it would be so much fun!

Sorry for my bad English. Translation by google.

7R1X

I think, in my personal opinion should be a map creator that lets you set objects and a mode and you should be able to program what the zombies do. For example if I were to program it id make the zombies run really fast after me and make it like a temple run kinda mode where you have to jump, climb, slide, and sprint past many obstacles and see how far you can go without dying. I think it would be cool!!

Edited by Codgam3rrr

Hi guys, 

Today we want to announce omething really special - we are creating our own set of Modding Tools.

We're all in awe of some of the modds we've seen so far - the drop kick that send the zombies into the sky is nuts. It's amazing to see what you guys are able to come up with.

Soon, you'll be able to create your own version of a zombie outbreak. We've been working on a set of Modding Tools for some time, but we would also love to hear your thoughts on the issue. 

So, tell us what would you like to see in our modding tools. What would you like to create with it? What would you like to do with them? 

Give us your thoughts right here below in the comments section. 

We're hoping to support the creations you make, so please, let us know what you would like in there, and let's create something special together. 

Bring those mod tools to PS4 too..........xD

The biggest thing I believe would be a easy to use mapping tool, make our own levels.

Like I'd love to be able to make a map that actually goes into the city of Harran itself, with custom models (buildings, vehicles, etc.)

Map Editor/Creator + Model Importer/Exporter

--

With a Map Creator/Editor and Model Importer/Exporter people could design entirerly different locations set in like England, Japan, America, Russia, etc.

Edited by Moofers

i think its awesome to have something like that in the game. I hope its out before 28 februari. I live in europe so thats why, we get the game later. I dont know if its also on guns because that would be awesome. I have a new idea for the game. Buying people that help you fight zombies. If its night or something you could use there help. It is different with prices. People with good free running skills and fighting skills are expensive. The people that only can run on the street and are weak at fighting are cheap. Tell me if its a good idea and contact me. Maybe we can talk via skype. I have lots of ideas that can improve the game.

Modding tools for consoles is not going to happen. It's not even possible, especially given the realities of console development.

This thread is also not about mod ideas; it's about modding tools (i.e., the software that modders need to make mods.)

Requesting console support and suggesting mod ideas are two things you should not be doing here.

I have a few ideas..

Luckily, already got some mods that disable floating particles and stuff.

But, I really want to get the game to its 2013 glory.

1. Increased godrays like early game plays. 

2. Color/contrast changes to game to make it like early demos

3. 2013 blood effects. They are darker and more realistic.

4. 2013 animations. For all weapons like hatchets and baseball bats, the animations are slower and meatier, with the character reeling in the weapon between hits. It was SO much better. Also there wasn't any weird molecular distortion effect.

5. Get rid of exploding heads when shot or hit with blunt object. 

Do you guys think these are in the games code? Cut content like wall running and looking at your watch has been found in game files, so maybe this old build stuff is as well. Who knows?

THANKS!

All based off this video. It represents everything I want the game to be 

Edited by Wolfmeister1010

Also...What happened to this move??

nQpdPy.gif

I can't seem to unlock it..is it cut from the game? MOD IT BACK

It is already in game btw but in order to do that you need to stun the zombie 1st (x-ray thing)

First off, I just want to say that I am enjoying the hell out of this game. Finally zombies worth fearing!

I think the biggest helping hand you could give to the PC version modding community would be Steam Workshop integration. Tools are awesome (I absolutely love it when devs support mods to this degree), but mods can be fickle beasts for the players to configure and install/uninstall cleanly much less find easily or safely. It can also be challenging for mod creators to get their content hosted and in front of potential players eyeballs. 

If you really want to be a super awesome big heart dev you could even take it one step further and set up a curated workshop where content creators can monetize their work! :D

Very good news ! I place high hopes on these tools :D

If you can release a consumer SDK similar to the Creation Kit for Skyrim, we'd be set!

Other than that, here's my top five:

• Scripting language and editor
  • Quest and dialogue editor
  • Item editor
  • Creature editor
  • Level editor

• Proper documentation of how the engine works.
  • File Converter that can take data from programs like 3DSMax, Maya, and Blender and turn them into in game assets and animations. I.E. if I make a box in Blender, export it as a fbx or obj, I should be able to convert it into the proper file type for your game engine.
  • Sample Rig for Characters
  • Example files of a biped character, an on the ground item, a weapon, a static object, and a building
  • A "lite" version of the executive that boots up quickly to a blank world where you can test the mods you are working on immediately.

This and this, it would be so great !

Edited by Kobalk

Give me the map editor and I will make you something to behold, I have well over 1500 maps available on the web that I made for games such as Doom 1-2-3 BFG, Quake 1-2, Serious Sam 1-2, Unreal, Unreal Tourament, Kingpin, and many others

Just give me the SDK and the editor and I will work for free, I have many ideas for this game but won't print them in public because of copycats

BTW I have my own group of testers that will insure that all is fine and ready for the most intense gameplay, I have been doing maps for years and know what is needed to make a polished map that Rocks of Fun To Hell an Back

Edited by All-Knowing

hi guys and hi to the techland-team,

first i would say is thanks for this great game...

nice job!!!

"what i need":   :D

- a survival-mod who i need the "human needs" like sleep, food and drink (without = loss healthpoints and stamina)

- more quests

- craftable weapons with stuff we can find into the boxes

- a mapeditor for creating new landscapes

on the whole I think the skyrim mods are a good role model     ;)

Edited by WestWoodIncorporation

You guys should add a female character. They refer to you as Crane most of the game anyways so it wouldn't change the dialogue too much. Or at least a character customation for when you play co-op...having 4 Kyle Crane clones run around is a bit lame. If anything give us a chance to change the skin tone or select one of the NPCs so the character can feel a bit more realistic.

an someone add a mod that lets you buy ALL weapons? Like, I sometimes want to buy one of the early weapons like a simple hatchet, but no one sells them because I am too high a level

My mod modified the drop late, you are still able to see early stuff at shop, or even weared by rais thug

Hey Roboy293 here.

I had a thought for a mod for Dying Light. The mod gives the player the ability to create their own custom outfits from character models from all over the game. The idea is that most of the outfits in the game get boring after a while and you keep changing the outfits. So if they keep getting changed, why not simply create an outfit to have that personal touch in the game. The mod uses all of the character models in the game's storage and makes a model for your character to wear in your Player's Stash that can be made of every piece of clothing in the game if you feel like being crazy. Hope you like the thought.

Hey Roboy293 here again.

Another mod idea would be a mod that let's you have unlimited inventory storage for weapons. Hope you enjoy.

Modding tools for consoles is not going to happen. It's not even possible, especially given the realities of console development.

This thread is also not about mod ideas; it's about modding tools (i.e., the software that modders need to make mods.)

Requesting console support and suggesting mod ideas are two things you should not be doing here.

Take a look at far cry on consoles, it is not only possible but fun too....xD