damihl

What Happened To Hellraid?

Everyone is talking about Dying Light

I'm just sitting here waiting for Hellraid

No news since , I think,  November?

Hellraid Forum disappeared somehow?

I'm worried - would really love to see this game.

Please give us some news Techland!

(Either here or on Steam - community there is also slowly freaking out ;-) )

I dunno if you've seen it, but the devs have like a 20 minute gameplay walkthrough where you may find some useful info. Check it out if you haven't yet. Here's the link:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHKsgzVSuJ8, and one more:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuPnUYUj2JM. Hope it helps, this game looks SICK!

Edited by Rock1obsta

It's due for Early Access this year, could be out late.. I wouldn't be surprised if they delay it.. but I don't think they would cancel it, it has promise especially from the gameplay footage I have seen

Not according to the spiel put out by the "Hellraid Dev Team" in late November 2014 quote:

". . . the changes brought about by the expansion of the project called for more bold decisions, one of them being a cancellation of the Early Access launch. As new possibilities opened up, we had to re-evaluate the plan to release an early version of the game and decided against it. We feel that Early Access is no longer suitable for a game of Hellraid's scope and could misrepresent our product. "

The missive went on to say that there would be an announcement 'early in the new year".

Those sites which still try to keep up with game devs and publish announced game release dates give March 2015 as the release date for Hellraid.

Somehow I doubt that is a credible date since we have heard so little - however that is not how gamers, many of whom behave with the self control and sense of entitlement of a strung out smack junkie, will look at this if the release date is passed without prior notice of who's up who and who is paying the rent for it all at the Techland Hellraid development 'team'.

Don't get me wrong Techland are under no obligation to tell anyone anything - but out here in the real world where we can see that it is mid-level games developers who are the true endangered species in the vid gaming continuum, the call not to keep the fans informed is crazy verging on suicidal.

Look no further than the reality pump Raven's Cry debacle if anyone needs to see how quickly the tide turns among the obsessive sub-set of gamers.

This is the group who will say "If techland can diss me by letting me imagine Hellraid is coming when it's not, I'm gonna disrespect them by going for a 'iso demo' if/when the game is finally released.

Yeah I'm probably talking about quite a small cohort when compared against the total mumber of gamers who want to do the right thing.

The problem is tho, that this small cohort are the early adopters who frequently set the tone for the way gamers as a whole react towards a new release.  Even the really big publishers such as EA struggle to be heard over the groundswell this mob can generate - and those publishers have millions to spend on lining up so-called independent and objective gaming sites sites to stay on message and all push out the same rebuttal of the early adopters whining.

I would like to play Hellraid - in a polished and fully optimised release so delays to ensure that are no prob for me, but if Techland doesn't keep the word out to the desperates, the odds of the game making it to that polished and optimised state are diminished.

I don't think that's the case, they made the announcement they were retooling way before Dying Light was even released.  Anyways I would love to hear something about what's up with the game, what improvements they are making, and when we can expect a release.  This is one of my most anticipated games of the year!

Same here, I love the look of this game and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. I, and many others, would love to get some new info on the game. 

As Renevent said above me, "This is one of my most anticipated games of the year!"    This is soooo true. 

And yeah, where did the hellraid forums go? I know it was there not too long ago

It looks like the Hellraid forums are gone. Everything got moved to the Techland General Discussions section. I have never seen anything like this happen before. It looks bad because the Hellraid only forums are gone, but there may still be hope because all our posts are still here. The silence from the devs is kinda bugging me. It makes me think crazy things like the game is cancelled. I really chupacabra hope that that is not the case :( 

You can definitely count me in for this game. Watched the game play and I would hate to see this side lined. I mean this game is right up my alley with genres that fit my liking. Undead, weapons, armor, magic and demons. All wrapped up into a nice game. Was there any product details such as co op, open world exploration, pvp? I would rather wait for a near perfect product than to buy a rushed and hurried up product. I think we all can agree on this premise.

There will be Co-Op like in Dead Island or Dying Light, so some kind of drop-in / drop-out campaign co-op. Open world exploration was mentioned once in another topic on the (now missing) Hellraid forums. I don't know how much open-world there really will be. 

Never heard something about PvP. There is a Arena mode though, where you fight off waves of enemies with some friends or alone.

I was "hyping" my best friend in the time before christmas because of the announced Hellraid Early access coming 2014, until it got cancelled. I don't care about some bugs (unless it's playable, which always should be in Beta or early access states) but can also wait for a full release.

I'm just hoping too that there will be a full release.

P.S.: Sorry for bad english grammar :-)

It's perfectly ok, English is my main language and I sometimes mess up. Anyways, pvp is player versus player and I don't know how that would correlate into this game, but the Dying Light mentions player versus player mode like Call of Duty or some other action based game where the terrain features remain the same and players randomly are dropped in different parts of hell as part of the game. They could unlock features for certain weapons, armor and magic. Trying to out run and out live everyone is part of the reason for completing any difficulty. Hope I answered your question.

I too am wondering what's up with Hellraid? I don't think Techland knows either! Any game company who has a "Coming Soon" banner still listed on their main website for a game they released weeks ago, definitely doesn't have their act together! 

Well, the theme enjoys the attention. Maybe it will attract the attention of developers and they somehow comment on this situation.
If the development is in normal mode, why this is not to say?

Kind of talking about mod or admin commitment on the spam invasion thread in another section but seems there moderators and administrators are pretty quiet so far. Not really upset with the reason just thinking of why there is no response to simple questions from an inside source if this is supposed to be the main forum for Techland support. I'd like at least a section for Hellraid added to the site.