Zach6699

(Spoilers) Regarding Jade

In the first couple missions there is one where you need to get antizin from a night airdrop.

You end up burning all the antizin to force interaction with Rais, except you grab one single vial and put it in your pocket.

It never comes up again, so it's still in your pocket. And when Rais has you choose between you and Jade with one vial of antizin you could have taken it from your pocket and injected Jade.

Edited by Zach6699

In the first couple missions there is one where you need to get antizin from a night airdrop.

You end up burning all the antizin to force interaction with Rais, except you grab one single vial and put it in your pocket.

It never comes up again, so it's still in your pocket. And when Rais has you choose between you and Jade with one vial of antizin you could have taken it from your pocket and injected Jade.

In your title you gave away the spoiler...  By stating she should have been saved implies that she dies...  You could have labeled the title something like. 'Spoiler Regarding Story/Different Outcome'.  I am a little disappointed you didn't realize the blatantly obvious error you just made...

Edited by Evil_Barabbas

You seem to have forgotten that Kyle has been stripped of his possessions a number of times between the time he aquires the one vile from the drop and when Rais decides to make your fight over the injector. It's implied, or at the very least logically assumed, that Rais or one of his men took that vile of Antizin from Kyle during one of the times he was 'captured'. 

You seem to have forgotten that Kyle has been stripped of his possessions a number of times between the time he aquires the one vile from the drop and when Rais decides to make your fight over the injector. It's implied, or at the very least logically assumed, that Rais or one of his men took that vile of Antizin from Kyle during one of the times he was 'captured'. 

Listen to this man...  He made an excellent point on the 'follow Jade' mission.  You experience what is going on mentally when you are about to turn because the antizin in your body is running low.  Some players disliked this part but Church made a great point...  Anyways Church always seems to offer great insight...

Edited by Evil_Barabbas

Dude, it broke my heart when I saw that you had to break her neck because she turned.... I hate it when main characters like this just fall. I wish Techland would have gave you a choice whether to inject yourself with it or inject it into Jade. I think it would spice things up a bit. 

Dude, it broke my heart when I saw that you had to break her neck because she turned.... I hate it when main characters like this just fall. I wish Techland would have gave you a choice whether to inject yourself with it or inject it into Jade. I think it would spice things up a bit. 

But then you would have turned if there is only 1 injection right?  Meaning your story(Kyle Crane) would of ended there...  Maybe play as Jade?

But then you would have turned if there is only 1 injection right?  Meaning your story(Kyle Crane) would of ended there...  Maybe play as Jade?

I like that Idea man, maybe have the story mission divert and Jade takes another path than Kyle Crane; but.... if Kyle did have that extra vile of antizin, maybe their could be interaction where he saves himself and Jade. 

I like that Idea man, maybe have the story mission divert and Jade takes another path than Kyle Crane; but.... if Kyle did have that extra vile of antizin, maybe their could be interaction where he saves himself and Jade. 

Interesting but nonetheless this is purely fantasy..  I am not sure if this even worthy of dlc...  It would have to be intricate a twist/different outcome for it to be worthy spending more money...

Interesting but nonetheless this is purely fantasy..  I am not sure if this even worthy of dlc...  It would have to be intricate a twist/different outcome for it to be worthy spending more money...

It is interesting but, if we follow that fantasy just a little bit, you'd also have the game end in an even more unsatisfying (this is subjective! I was unsatisfied with the 'ending' but others may not have been!) way because, as we know, Kyle was working against the interests of the GRE and trying his damnedest to try to stop them from neutralizing the entire city. While Jade was somewhat understanding of the situation and could, logically, pick up the mantel of 'City Savior' and in turn get revenge on Rais, she doesn't have the experience with dealing with the GRE as Kyle has had throughout the entire game. She doesn't know more than what Kyle's let slip into conversations and the biggest bits she's largely ignored because she was angry at Kyle for what happened with her brother.

I'm honestly of the opinion, if you played as Jade from that point forward, that the GRE representative would have 'sweet talked' Jade into recovering the data from Rais, which would have played out about the same way as it did with Kyle, but as soon as the heli landed Jade would most likely have been either shot point blank and the research stolen off her corpse, kicked out over the city while in flight after the GRE rep explained their 'super secret but not really' agenda, or she'd have been taken back to some secure facility and used as a test subject while the GRE perfected the virus mostly likely resulting in her going 'Full Blown' or being one of the lone recipients of the 'cure' which would aid her then in escaping the facility only to find that the GRE are morons and have lost control of the virus thus resulting in a global pandemic and thus Jade's right back where Haraan started. All of these scenarios come with the added bonus of the city of Haraan being carpet bombed into oblivion.

Now, it could go the other way completely. Techland could very well have used Jade's character and netted the same ending as Kyle IF they spent a good portion of time filling the gaps in Jade's knowledge about everything Kyle knew about the GRE, their plans, and Kyle's change of heart. This could have been easily explained away in a throwaway dreamwalk sequence much like the one Kyle experiences with Jade during that 'fight'. They could have set it up to where you made a split second decision right as the siezure took hold and the exposition could have been Kyle explaining to Jade all the seedy details of what the GRE planned to do not only with the virus but with the city itself. (Techland, this is a not so subtle idea for future DLC. It could even be called something cliche but apt: The Road Less Traveled or Divergent Path. Just throwing that out there.)

But the fact remains that while Kyle did take a vile of antizen from that first drop it was largely forgotten and ignored throughout the game but there were enough context clues to indicate that he lost that vile long before the Museum. I'm betting if it hadn't been crushed or lost during all that running around the city it was taken that first time Kyle was stripped of his possesions by Rais and his men. 

But since we're doing a little 'pie in the sky', think about what would have been if Kyle somehow miraculously still had the vile of antizin when you found Rahim bleeding (out as it the case turned out) in the traincar and the idiot decided to actually tell Kyle he'd been bitten. While I'm sure it would have played out the exact same way since there was a 'time limit' but this is fantasy talk! He could have potentially injected Rahim, left him in the traincar, planted the bombs, and managed to bring down that building with only Omar being the only casualty of that mission. But, alas, no antizin (or even a way to inject it into Rahim anyway).

So many missed opportunities for CHOICE!

I wanted so much to have moral choices in this game. Techland if you plan for a sequel CHOICES ARE A MUST!!.

It broke my heart how Jade apologyzes to you on the radio and says she doesn't blame you for Amor's dead and you destroyed a whole lot of Antizin. Also would have been fun to have the choice of factions (that would give the game longer playtimes). Maybe get to Rise by gaining his trust instead of just been "a pawn of the tower".

Edited by dargor5