Michał Napora

Save Bug/inventory Lost Issue

Question

Hi guys,

We've noticed how some of you are having issues with the corrupt Save bug – were all of your Skill Points, Inventory, and Weapons were lost. I know that a lot of you were frustrated that you lost all your progress and had to start everything from scratch. Well, I am happy to report that we have a solution for you. It will not 100% restore your save, but at least you can still continue the story with Skill points and weapons. 

So, if you don't want to start the game from scratch, what you can do is follow this instruction:

·         Go to Main Menu

·         Choose “Play Campaignâ€

·         Press X or Square on an empty save slot to enter “Advanced save menuâ€

·         Highlight the bottom option called “New Game from Quest†and choose from which point you would like to start a new save. The furthest chapter you can start from  is the last mission you reached.

Doing this will allow you to start from the begging of the last mission you unlocked. It will also give you Skill points for each Skill Tree which you can spend however you wish. The amount of skill points you have is determined by how far you've gone into the story. You will also have a pack of weapons, throwables, and consumables appropriate for selected game progress. Pretty much,  you are not left with nothing – you can still go out there, and create havoc on the streets.

I understand that this does not bring back your save exactly how you had it. However, it does allow you to still keep going with the story without having to go again through the tutorial, or even worse, facing a pack of Volatiles in the Old Town with a Level 1 character.

Once again, if you are having any issues, please send any feedback through to us. We listen to what you guys say, and we are here to help you out as much as we can. The feedback is invaluable, so please keep it coming. 

uncool techland!!! yall need to fix this asap!!! if we cant get our levels and skills back then we should atleast be compensated with in game cash and some weapon dlc's just sux spending all that time on a game!  fun game prob best zombie game ever fix the durn bug and give ur customers some love not some lame chupacabra excuse that u cant do anything that is bs!!! gta gave players cash for their chupacabra ups

"we are not your beta testers, we are customers just remember that and get your butts on hear and start letting the people know whay going on with patches and fixes dont just be silent as that what aggravates us more that u dont respond to the most basci questions."

I second that!

BUMP.

I hope the patch launches soon, really soon. These graphics and gameplay seem amazing. I also just started the game without trying to connect to do co-op and it kicked me off several times and restarted the game. Also, I had finally played for about an hour and it shut down again, not saving anything at all. Is there any information available for not saving my game data? I'm playing on Xbox One. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Hi guys,

I'm new here, this is my 1st post/comment.

One simple question, should i play Dying Light first (the 1st to came out) and than Dying Light: The Following? In other words, this new one is the same game with new contents, updates, DLC? or is a entire diferent game?

Thanks

Edited by Maxw3ll

I am absolutely devastated I spent ove r 40 hours had maxed out skills and loads of money legendary weapons gums and hundreds of health packs and boosters I've now lost everything as the save currupted as it converted to the following I want to cry I have been looking forward to the following g for ages if I can get my weapons and health packs etc back if be happy but I can do the following with no weapons and health its so frustrating why if you no about the issue dint yiu have the game save in two slots every time si if one fails we can use the secondary save we lose a few hours at worse now I've lost everything