Michał Napora

Save Bug/inventory Lost Issue

Question

Hi guys,

We've noticed how some of you are having issues with the corrupt Save bug – were all of your Skill Points, Inventory, and Weapons were lost. I know that a lot of you were frustrated that you lost all your progress and had to start everything from scratch. Well, I am happy to report that we have a solution for you. It will not 100% restore your save, but at least you can still continue the story with Skill points and weapons. 

So, if you don't want to start the game from scratch, what you can do is follow this instruction:

·         Go to Main Menu

·         Choose “Play Campaignâ€

·         Press X or Square on an empty save slot to enter “Advanced save menuâ€

·         Highlight the bottom option called “New Game from Quest†and choose from which point you would like to start a new save. The furthest chapter you can start from  is the last mission you reached.

Doing this will allow you to start from the begging of the last mission you unlocked. It will also give you Skill points for each Skill Tree which you can spend however you wish. The amount of skill points you have is determined by how far you've gone into the story. You will also have a pack of weapons, throwables, and consumables appropriate for selected game progress. Pretty much,  you are not left with nothing – you can still go out there, and create havoc on the streets.

I understand that this does not bring back your save exactly how you had it. However, it does allow you to still keep going with the story without having to go again through the tutorial, or even worse, facing a pack of Volatiles in the Old Town with a Level 1 character.

Once again, if you are having any issues, please send any feedback through to us. We listen to what you guys say, and we are here to help you out as much as we can. The feedback is invaluable, so please keep it coming. 

Hi,

I have save bug on PS4, but when I select new game with X, it starts new campaign automaticly and square button does nothing on new game option. Advanced option is only accessible on my corrupted save and I can select restart from last quest, but when I select this, it is the same game with level 1 and nothing in inventory. So what can I do?

Im beyond frustration. Even with your "fix" i just got my skillpoints back. Map is not open, finished sidequests are absent, weapons are gone except the ones equiped and all that after 30 hours in the game.

Im a digital download gamer, i have over 35 games on xbox one and its the first time i regreted bying a game.

Im not going back into harran and ill do everything for a refund.

And thats coming from some one who loved the first dead island..

Check my achievements if you want as a proof. Gamertag lunar 3cl1pse

Edited by alexiskrp

How about a answer if this next patch will fix this 100% because everyone refuses to play there game till they know they have nothing of a risk of loosing everything.  The patch just released has confirmed to not of fixed the save issue, plus why fix the dupe glitch first?  Priorities?  I mean would you be OK to loose 32+ hours of work?  I doubt it, so realize we want this to never be an issue, maybe have a alternate way to lessen risks aka a second save (Or have the game save in multiple time intervals so it can load the time before it crashed)

Edited by Robo Ryan

By far the best game ive played for xbox one, but this bug completely messed it up for me. I logged at least 10 hours on this game with sidequest and tons of money and now its all lost. Please figure out a way to make it right. Telling us to start over is not a solution.

Great game. I will buy Dying Light 2 if Techland decides to make it .... but ONLY IF they can make sure there won't be this save game bug again ...........

Same. This is an absolutely AMAZING game, but these few noticeable bugs completely messed up the experience for most. Don't get me wrong, if I can get my stuff back I'll be more than happy. Let's see what happens.. 

So tired of people being so butt hurt over this issue and "Demanding refund or I'm not playing no more." This stuff happens and the game is so fun when it happened to me after 19 hours of playtime I was bummed for a second then started over this time know exactly what skills I wanted and had a much better knowledge of the city and trap locations. Further more I commend Techland on their games and striving to give players the type of Zombie game we want. Just my two cents.

So tired of people being so butt hurt over this issue and "Demanding refund or I'm not playing no more." This stuff happens and the game is so fun when it happened to me after 19 hours of playtime I was bummed for a second then started over this time know exactly what skills I wanted and had a much better knowledge of the city and trap locations. Further more I commend Techland on their games and striving to give players the type of Zombie game we want. Just my two cents.

I am sick of fanboy sheep like you sticking up for game breaking bugs. Go back to work and fix this broken game or refund the people

Some people have no idea what takes to develop or update software... And all they can do whine and attack others opinions. I've worked QA testing on both Alpha and Beta phase for major developers. Should it have been caught during testing? Yes. Is it game breaking? No. Will you get a refund? No.

This is not only an issue for the console versions, but for the PC as well. I just lost my freshly bought and heavily modded sword and "Raiz's Pistol" after the game took my weapons from me for the Museum Mission. Since Raiz's pistol was old and the sword was new, it must have to do with my inventory alone. Guys, this is an absolutely heart breaking game bug that you need to patch. There are other minor glitches, such as being able to trap yourself inside hotels' blocked off hallways, but this one must be addressed.

Will there be a patch for this at some point?

Apparently Microsoft is the issue for the current patch (read that by Michal in one of the many threads). This is not the first time every other gaming platform has had online content before Microsoft unfortunately; Techland is not at fault for the delay.

Im beyond frustration. Even with your "fix" i just got my skillpoints back. Map is not open, finished sidequests are absent, weapons are gone except the ones equiped and all that after 30 hours in the game.

Im a digital download gamer, i have over 35 games on xbox one and its the first time i regreted bying a game.

Im not going back into harran and ill do everything for a refund.

And thats coming from some one who loved the first dead island..

Check my achievements if you want as a proof. Gamertag lunar 3cl1pse

Hey. Just kill a ton of zombies, collect weapons and airdrops...overall, just run around and have fun, that's why I did; in less than four hours over $60,000. 

While I appreciate Techland pointing out the "Advanced Save" option, it's not a fix. I was enjoying playing with levels 15-14-13, $74k cash, blueprints galore, swords, and tons of molotovs, firecrackers, etc. Now I'm level 6, zero cash, 3 blueprints. Yes, that's better than nothing, but it really still sucks. I hope a fix comes soon, as I'm concerned that it'll hit me again at 22% on the Siblings Quest.

All I can say is great game... but we are not your beta testers, we are customers just remember that and get your butts on hear and start letting the people know whay going on with patches and fixes dont just be silent as that what aggravates us more that u dont respond to the most basci questions.

So tired of people being so butt hurt over this issue and "Demanding refund or I'm not playing no more." This stuff happens.

Some of us play late night for a couple of hours due to family and work. Telling me that i have to reset my past weeks lost hours cause these things happen is a joke. I dont have 30+ hours to sacrifice on the same thing over and over again. Yes it was a great game..but my 70 euros were also great.

Ps4 players have the same issue so its not on ms side only as a fellow gamer said above.

I got a refund (thank god for ms awesome support) and im happy about it...so dont get tired of people that have a lot of things to do besides playing broken games.

Edited by alexiskrp

Other than arcade games I think I've downloaded about 4 digital games out of the countless games I've bought in the past few years. The only reason I bought this by digi download was because the hard copy wasn't due to be released for a month in the Uk.

As with many people on here, I've spent the best part of a days wages on this game, played another couple of working days ....and then spent at least another trying to find a solution of one sort or another after what can only be described as thd massive f**k up! I've attempted to get a refund via microsoft only to be told completely different fictional tales from different customer support people then ehten you point out there flawed statements, the completely immoral "no digi refunds for anybody....every.....under any circumstamces" comes into play. Apparently if you download a game succesfully and manage to play it for even 30 seconds before it bends you over, that's classed as a perfectly good product. The fact that a huge amount of people had no other option than to buy a digi copy when the game was released (.....well half released....kind of???) and then can't get there money back is just wrong. If I had bought this on disc it would have been back to the shop the day it deleted my stuff but unfortunately it looks like we hsvr absolutely no rights whatsoever and thats a days wages right down the Sh*tter

Edited by Jimmypo