Sign in to follow this  
Kava

Legal Or Not?

Hello everyone

I wanna ask about mods from such good resource as http://www.nexusmods.com

Especially such mods as: #Film Grain Begone#  #Larger inventory# and #Firearm Upgrade and Buffed Developer Weapons#/

If i install this modifications - it will be OK? Or i will be banned from cooperative games? May be there is some official announcement from game dev-rs?

I recently read a post from techland saying that they support mods. There had been some missunderstanding about it, but he clarified that they do support mods.

Then again, all those mods sound like cheats, you sure want to spoil the game? :P It's already too easy after level 15

If i understand correct - i can use mods without risk to be banned. am i right?

Adn if you dont mind - can yu say me -where develorers write about ban (4 what? how long? wnen not?)

Thank yu 4 your answers

You can use mods.

However, in any type of non-singleplayer mode using mods that alter game mechanics(eg give larger inventory or altered damage to weapons) can be viewed as cheating. Im not sure about mods that disable film grain or sun shadows or chromatic abberation, since those only alter game performance, but not its basic mechanics.

There were a DMCA filed, but as far as i know it was withdrawn with apologies.

I use mods, so that i can play the way i like it(i did quite a lot adjustments), but i disable them when im going online. Gonna take a look at this firearms upgrade thingie(firearms in DL are just shamefuly plain). Alredy have film grain disabled(along with other tweaks that give tremendous performance boost, by sacrificing an unneeded chupacabra that gives very little, but costs a lot; and i can play on stable 40-60 fps on medium settings on rig that is even below minimum requirements), tweaked inventory, health, some skills and some schematics and items(eg i craft less items per batch and they cost more, but they are stronger). Currently testing defuffed weapons, because current dmg progression makes game waaaay 2 easy alredy midgame, where you just swing left and right with impunity.