Sign in to follow this  
skidoo800r

Alright, Add Another One To The List. On Version 1.03, Lost Everything.

Alright I'm on version 1.03 on PS4 & I've finally got hit with this bug too. I was aware of it & even went to talk to an NPC before logging off for the night. Went to play this morning & boom, it's all gone. 53 percent into the story. Lost all my weapons, my skills were all at level 13, now zero. Lost all blueprints, supplies, 50 medkits & over 130k in cash. Completely game breaking. There has to be a way for Techland to compensate us who have has this happen & allow us to get our characters back to where they were, get all the lost blueprints & gear back & our weapons & money. Or at least 50-100K to buy back what we lost from shops... 

if you knew about this bug then why where you not making regular back ups of your saves. thats wot i do. its easy enough if your on ps4 using the cloud. the only system its harder with is the xbone.

also check your save data management as the game makes 2 saves one is an auto save im assuming an one is when you quit. you may be able to delete the newest save which would be your level 1 an revert back to the older save. i dont know if this works but tis teh only work around i can think of if you didnt make cloud saves an your cloud saving is turned off by default. i turned mine off so i could manually save to prevent it uploading a wiped save to the cloud.

as long as you quit the game by closing down the application the older save may be safe. its worth checking it either way tho. i noticed one save of mine is a few hours older than the other an this was when i stopped quitting via the in game menu i noticed it stopped overwritting one of the saves.

Champion...I tried exactly that this evening. I overwrote the current system data save with the previous cloud save. I lost about 4 hours of gameplay but played it all again with the hopes that it was a small glitch and life would be better the second time. However, after I finished The Pit, I once again was bent over and forced to accept that 75% of my chupacabra was missing yet again.

I understand that it's just a game, but when the game is designed on a main mission/redundant side mission platform, (done this way to try and add additional time-consuming substance to a shallow story) it means that players will ultimately spend countless hours in building their inventory portfolio. Since the developers know that gamers will be investing a huge amount of time playing, fixing the current inventory wipe issue should be a top priority.

We love to pillage and loot and craft and horde. That's why we buy the game. That's the one certain commonality the Dying Light community shares. We all want to see what kind of goodies await us in that next trash can. Though we know deep down that the store cash register has no more than $50, we can't help but force ourselves to check EVERY ONE WE SEE. Killing zombies is fantastic, but make no mistake that it's the magic of hunting and gathering that keeps us cracked out for hours at a time.

Save or no save, we shouldn't fault ourselves about the stolen inventory. Its a problem with the game. It's an issue that requires immediate attention. No one wants to invest time in a game that takes the fruits of your labor half way in. SO FIX THE chupacabra!!!