tryclo999

You Want Challenge ? Don't Use Medipack !

After the upgrade with unlimited stamina the game becomme too easy...

Use this 2 simple rules and the challenge is come back:

Don't use medipack (Zero medipack in your inventory)

Use only green weapon without mods (no fire mods, no electric mods, etc...)

After make this two little choice, the game is come back to a good challenge situation.

I use only good weapon the night with the stronger enemy.

I think the best idea for a Dying light Hardcore mode its to have the possibilty to choose simples rules who change drasticly the gameplay difficulties, for example:

- No sleeping possibilty

- No medipack, or choose the max number of medipack for each player

- No weapon over 100 max damage

- Disabled unlimited Stamina upgrade (or not !)

- No HUD option

If each player can choose this simple rules like in a server selection, i think its the best way for Dying Light.

Sorry for my poor english

Edited by tryclo999

Its for Hardcore players man ! Not for little player, come on !

I have beat more than 60% of the game with this setting, its not impossible to play like this. Its more fun, more hard too...

With this setting you must be more carrefull, but its possible to play whitout medipack, try before...

Edited by tryclo999

Not everyone plays for a challenge, some of us like to relax, but I do like a challenge now and then.

For me the med pack thing to cero is BS cause of the surprises you get specially on NG+.

To me hardcore should be more of a roplay thing (which Im doing) here it goes.

- only safe house is the tower in the slums and that tall tower on old town, I discarted every other safe house.

- sleep a night (a runner needs to sleep now and then) but If night gets to me and Im on the other side of town I have to make a run for the tower.

- no weapon mods. Some of them make no sense like the fire or electricity ones (how do you electrocute the human body with what looks like a 9v battery is beyond me)

- no crafting or reparing a weapon in the middle of a fight or street.

-falling from more than 3 floors should insta kill you (wish for this)

-no upgrading health or health regen (doesnt happen in life, I do wish for a kevlar vest like Rise's thughs wear)

Thats how Im playing it right now, only thing is I dont roleplay on missions because well missions here are BS and I just get throught them pretty quick.

Edit: no HUD or crossair, even when using guns. One minute, why cant I disable the crossair when using guns? This has to be implemented along with no HUD, if not modders here some homework :)

Edited by dargor5

Annoyance and difficulty are 2 different things. Next "great" idea for "hardcore" will be "no weapon usage whatsoever, except scripted events, only kicks; and no jumping or climbing", followed by ultimate "hardcore" experience "complete prologue, come out of tower, lay down in the middle of the street and try to complete game without moving".

Annoyance and difficulty are 2 different things. Next "great" idea for "hardcore" will be "no weapon usage whatsoever, except scripted events, only kicks; and no jumping or climbing", followed by ultimate "hardcore" experience "complete prologue, come out of tower, lay down in the middle of the street and try to complete game without moving".

These are great suggestions for Super Hardcore Mode.

LOL just kiding but true there is a fine line between a challenging difficulty and just playing annoying.

This is the reason I did not like the missions "ok now you are encage in a 4x4 with tons of zombies, 2 Rammers 4 bombers, a couple of spitters and volatiles will start appearing, oh and all those modded weapons and guns? Nope, we take all of that and give you a pocket knife, have fun!!!"

Edited by dargor5

You want play hardly ? Try this ! Its not complicate, no update, no waiting time, just you, your brain and your contoller.

Try to play with my setting 1 or 2 hours, try. Its not very hard.... Megaman 1 on NES is hard, Dying Light without medipack its just fun dude !

After level 25, player like me have no fun, zombie kill in one punch, 99 medipack in the inventory = Zero fun.

With this 2 rules i have replay the game with fun, its not complicate. Have fun :)

And try before sarcasm... Too easy dude !

Championpuffa: Im on new game +, i have all upgrade, but the game isn't more difficult...

SynisterSyn: the problem is when you don't use all your skill point, a message appear infinite time: Use your skill point !!! Boring... Impossible to skip this for the moment.

So i take the decision to play without medipack and without stronger weapon (max 100/150 damage) but with all the upgrade and the game back to a normal and challenging situation.

To be a Terminator Batman Zombie Slasher its not very fun for me. I prefered when the game choose the rules for me but in the wait of a real hardcore mode, i play with my setting.

Its just an idea... Have fun !

After the upgrade with unlimited stamina the game becomme too easy...

Use this 2 simple rules and the challenge is come back:

Don't use medipack (Zero medipack in your inventory)

Use only green weapon without mods (no fire mods, no electric mods, etc...)

After make this two little choice, the game is come back to a good challenge situation.

I use only good weapon the night with the stronger enemy.

I think the best idea for a Dying light Hardcore mode its to have the possibilty to choose simples rules who change drasticly the gameplay difficulties, for example:

- No sleeping possibilty

- No medipack, or choose the max number of medipack for each player

- Disabled unlimited Stamina upgrade (or not !)

- No HUD option

If each player can choose this simple rules like in a server selection, i think its the best way for Dying Light.

Sorry for my poor english

cute.. what do you do? run like a coward all the time? take 2 hours just to kill 1 Demolisher? funny...thx for the time wasting.

cute.. what do you do? run like a coward all the time? take 2 hours just to kill 1 Demolisher? funny...thx for the time wasting.

Well it is for the challenge aspect for those who want to play hardcore...  I understand not everyone can appreciate this...

This might be hard to find once you reach the higher levels...

Or the Devs could just add a better difficulty scale to this game. Even without med packs if you die in certain areas you just re spawn at full health and the enemies you've killed remain dead.

As far as using chupacabra weapons go to create artificial difficulty for yourself, that's just dumb. You as the player should not have to hold out on using things in the game just to make it tougher. The devs should have thought of this and made it to where the zombies just become harder to kill as you progress.

All I ask is that Techland spare us Moderate gamers from making this game too hard to complete and even enjoy if they go with some of the suggestions on this forum to make the game alot harder. 

At least offer the option of difficulty levels to make us all happy :)