DarthGR

New Patch Finally Discouraged Me To Continue The Game

If there was ANY chance still playing this game after the lost of all my progress, it was to take advantage of the weapon duplication glitch in order to reach my previous level fast enough. It seems that the geniuses of this developer company decided (after emailing me and everyone else that with the patch that will fix the save game issue we will not be able to restore our previous game progression) decided to patch the only way that would keep people playing this game. Trade is imminent for me and seriously, I'm not even getting my self close to a game these guys develop, not after chupacabra all of us "day one" preorders.

Also, it is so weird the fact that none of the major gaming sites are referring to the problem, which makes you think that they are all playing us. 

Edited by DarthGR

does seem like they didnt thnk this patch through properly i mean the best way for people to get their stuff back an get back to where they kinda were at least is to make use of the dupe glitch. it wouldnt take a genius at techland to figure out that patching that glitch now is maybe not the best thing they could be doing for the life of this game. people obviously wanted to wait until the save issues were fixed before playing again an use that glitch to get some gear back so it doesnt feel such a chore running through it again. 

seems like they shot themselves in the foot with this one.

they should have patched the save issues then left the dupe glitch until the next patch so it gives people a chance. its also funny how they take the piss out of destiny an then go an do the exact same thing. it wouldnt be as bad if the glitch was left for a few weeks at least.

i dont use the glitch or need to so its not any concern of mine anyway really.

The save bug is horrible and of course, the most important one. But the dupe glitch had to be corrected too, or the game would lose its interest in a few days. 

I think they are referring to the priority of the bugs... I would say the 'lose all progress' bug is higher priority than the 'dupe weapon bug'...

I think they are referring to the priority of the bugs... I would say the 'lose all progress' bug is higher priority than the 'dupe weapon bug'...

No, he clearly stated he wanted to use the glitch:

If there was ANY chance still playing this game after the lost of all my progress, it was to take advantage of the weapon duplication glitch

Yes, because it somehow seems unfair to play all the missions and sidequests I cleared in order to get lvl 15, ONE MORE TIME. Instead of flaming me for using the exploit in order to somehow fix their broken game instead of dumping it, maybe you should start flaming Techland for their chupacabra

Edited by DarthGR

ive still not got an update on my ps4 digital version. ive checked an checked an its not once downloaded an update since i purchased it. ive even asked it to check for an update but there isnt one. bit strange im in the uk tho so maybe itl come a bit later on. or maybe it got taken down.

Yes I know and if the 'lose all progress' bug was on the top of their priority list they would of fixed that bug first meaning the weapon dupe glitch would still be available...  Instead it was the other way around, they fixed the weapon dupe glitch first and the 'lose all progress' bug is still exists...  Clearly you are one who misunderstood...

I'm glad they nerfed the weapon duplication glitch. I talked to one guy who said he had made over 1 million dollars from duplicating and selling weapons. That completely defeats the purpose of searching for items, which is what this game is about (it's a survival game, if you didn't know). A max level player (like myself) could buy a legendary katana or whatever that does 1400 base damage, add 3 or 4 (however many it can hold) king upgrades, and a good blueprint and simply duplicate a weapon that is possibly capable of 2000 or more damage. It would completely negate the need to gather blueprint items to craft with, as well as removing the need to buy your weapons any more. They patched it to protect the longevity of the game.

I'm glad they nerfed the weapon duplication glitch. I talked to one guy who said he had made over 1 million dollars from duplicating and selling weapons. That completely defeats the purpose of searching for items, which is what this game is about (it's a survival game, if you didn't know). A max level player (like myself) could buy a legendary katana or whatever that does 1400 base damage, add 3 or 4 (however many it can hold) king upgrades, and a good blueprint and simply duplicate a weapon that is possibly capable of 2000 or more damage. It would completely negate the need to gather blueprint items to craft with, as well as removing the need to buy your weapons any more. They patched it to protect the longevity of the game.

Sounds rather boring...  I knew of the glitch but didn't use it to make money...  Too repetitive and boring...  I don't even want to know how long it took to make that kind of money...  A weapon bought for 20k sold for 1k... Do the math...  I did the glitch for a few friends because they insisted on having my weapon which wasn't even that great but relative to their level it was really good.  You can only take so much nagging, it was a way to shut them up :)  It they want to ruin the game and decrease the longevity of the game for them that is their problem not mine.

Edited by Evil_Barabbas

Sigh, I traded in Diablo on the PS4 for this game cuz of duplicated overpowered items everyone seemed to have. Now I find out it happened here too... on top of the progressions I've already lost. JUST SMH. NEVER BUYING A TECH LAND GAME AGAIN.

Sorry, you can't fix one problem with another problem. It sucks for you. But the exploit fix is not personal. You just think you're entitled to it because they screwed you over with the save game bug. I'm not going to say you're entitled to a fix, restore or something. But the exploit bug isn't it. It's a bad mentality to get into even for lots of people in society in real life.

As for fixing the save game bug first, there are two very important reasons why it was high priority:

1) It was a very easy fix. Reproducible and fixable without much testing needed after to release it. The save game bug was likely a trickier fix or had multiple facets. Plus would require more testing to make sure it didn't break anything else or even work at all. Or even getting it to reproduce properly and getting logs to diagnose would take more time.

2) Dupe glitches hurt multiplayer loot games. Not only does the cheat affect you, but then everyone else you play with. Since one probably drops your items for others or tell them about it as well. Dying light isn't the best example of dupe being a huge problem but in any loot based game it's on the high priority list to fix. It ruins the system.

I'm not making excuses for bugs that shouldn't have even been there in the first place, just applying some basic logic to why things are the way they are right now in this situation. I cross my fingers every time I load up the game at this point.....

Edited by seanconnery