Sign in to follow this  
fearfniche3

Blunt Weapons Stop Existing Later On?

Guys im in lvl 25 now and I can't find ANY blunt weapons at all in this game, I had alot earlier but not they just stopped existing?? Dafuq?

If this is your doing, developers, I would very much like to know why!

Because why would you now want to use that two handed sledgehammer and see the zombies go flying?

Do you really hate blunt weapons this much? Please put them back in, this doesn't make any sense at all man :/

I hope its a bug because this is just silly. I have been using mechetes forever now. Im kind of annoyed with the same old combat. Having different kinds of weapons like blunt weapons or bill hooks or short/long knives would make the combat more unique, but its getting lame now. I have not seen any weapons for sale or loot that are anything but mechetes. If they dont change it, itll eventually just break the game for me, thats how sick i am of using mechetes. Dont worry its not just you who is suffering from this. I mean like 90% of my blueprints are useless because I can only use mechetes.

Yeah you see a variety of weapons through the game but once you hit LVL 25 survival there's only 5 melee weapons in the game the katana, sacrificial short sword, chupacabra sword, heavy axe, Egyptian Khopesh. and that's it no matter what chest or police van you open that's all there is no hammers, bats, knives,machetes,nothing blunt at all only 2 handguns 1 shotgun and 2 rifles there's really not much in choices after 25 and i'm only on the 2nd main quest i've been running around looking for blueprints, and just killing things, getting air drops, saving people. It's going to be so bland using the same weapons for the rest of the game. There's no way.

At the end of Level 22 you will see Machetes and Picks disappear. Later in Level 23 you will only get those swords. You will be able to find some green lower level stuff but nothing of purple or orange quality. I learned this on the first toon I played through.

I love Machetes and Picks so I saved my money and went o specific money runs, just so when I turned level 22 I could stock up. I have about 20 orange Machetes and maybe another 8 Picks. I am saving this for end game so I can use my weapon of choice just for fooling around. These weapons may not have the max damage as the swords, but they still one hit the zombies so who cares. I wish I found more Picks before leveling up and having these removed from the pool.

You will see this is a major complaint for this game. I have a crapload of nice blueprints that I would like to try out, but can't use them since there is not a weapon for it anymore.

Please show the bat people and crowbar or knife people some love and add these back into the game.

Edited by Kodiak412

@ blov and all. In one of the other threads about this the Dev (Karol) said that they are working on a fix and that it will change in the future. I think they got everyones message and will be adding higher level weapons of all varieties. At least that is what it sounded like.

So we may all get our wish shortly and start crushing skulls with a nice Pick or Bat. :)

Yes, it is ridiculous. The whole loot system and weapon level system in the game is bad. Guns don't level at all. Blueprints become useless. I have found one gun with a different damage count. Oranges are everywhere making merchants virtually useless. I keep saying, take notes from Borderlands Techland. The thrill of exploring is completely gone around level 15 and it becomes a bore. I actually have to force myself to play so the 60 dollars was worth it. I can explore for hours in Fallout (different genre I know but they make exploration worth it) and in Borderlands without becoming bored.

Edited by Uwwfball

@ blov and all. In one of the other threads about this the Dev (Karol) said that they are working on a fix and that it will change in the future. I think they got everyones message and will be adding higher level weapons of all varieties. At least that is what it sounded like.

So we may all get our wish shortly and start crushing skulls with a nice Pick or Bat. :)

Where was this confirmed? It doesn't appear to be a glitch that needs fixed, but a really really bad design choice.

You are correct it was not a glitch and it was a design feature, however, whatever you would want to call it, it is being fixed.

Go over to the Players Helping Players forum and you will see a thread about missing weapons at high levels and in that thread you will see a reply about this issue being addressed.

Edited by Kodiak412

Yep you are right i cant understand why there are no blunt weapons on higher level...its really lame after a few time so i restartedthe game a lot and so i upgrade my blunt weapons always with king so i can use a few of them on higher levels, but damage is still very low, but for me the only way to stay with blunt weapons on higher level....

i still not have the hard mode patch so i dont know how it works now...

pls techland do something about it much people will love that :D

Yep you are right i cant understand why there are no blunt weapons on higher level...its really lame after a few time so i restartedthe game a lot and so i upgrade my blunt weapons always with king so i can use a few of them on higher levels, but damage is still very low, but for me the only way to stay with blunt weapons on higher level....

i still not have the hard mode patch so i dont know how it works now...

pls techland do something about it much people will love that :D

Many of them are back with the latest update, but a bit odd and still repetitive.

I love police baton an awesome weapon love it:D and baseball bats are also awesome but seems that some of them are available in higher levels on the new patch..but i must wait till it is ready to download on my eu ps4 ...cant wait ^^

At the end of Level 22 you will see Machetes and Picks disappear. Later in Level 23 you will only get those swords. You will be able to find some green lower level stuff but nothing of purple or orange quality. I learned this on the first toon I played through.

I love Machetes and Picks so I saved my money and went o specific money runs, just so when I turned level 22 I could stock up. I have about 20 orange Machetes and maybe another 8 Picks. I am saving this for end game so I can use my weapon of choice just for fooling around. These weapons may not have the max damage as the swords, but they still one hit the zombies so who cares. I wish I found more Picks before leveling up and having these removed from the pool.

You will see this is a major complaint for this game. I have a crapload of nice blueprints that I would like to try out, but can't use them since there is not a weapon for it anymore.

Please show the bat people and crowbar or knife people some love and add these back into the game.

I agree, I really wish for a patch on this, I don't want any of the weapons to go away after I reach level 25, I want to play with all the weapons even if they are the lowest damaging weapons I don't want to be STUCK with 5-7 weapons when I finish the game, Please techland:-

Fix this in a new update patch and let us access all weapons, at all times.

So are there any "new" weapons in the update that anyone has come across ? And not previous weapons with "dragon" infront of it etc - I was hoping for a golf club but not seen any new weapons at all as of yet !

I have a new baseball bat. Lots of heads being crushed.