GreenManx88

Co-Op Still Crashing With Patch 1.03 Ps4

Question

It looks like I am able to play regular coop fine at the moment without issue after downloading the patch, however when someone joins as the zombie I still crash. Luckily it is not as frequently as it was (almost every minute).

Here's hoping it's because of the player not having the patch installed on their ps4.

Anyone else still crashing?

**EDIT**

Never mind, just crashed doing normal missions with a friend that has the patch installed.

Edited by GreenManx88

10 answers to this question

So you release a patch that fixes the weapon duping but not the multiplayer crash? Nice priorities. You design a game for coop and the only thing that allows us to have fun by ourselves you take away. Game will be returned and Dead Island 2 pre-order will be cancelled. Dealt with the b.s. from this company enough pertaining to the previous dead islands. Good luck next game.

This is one of the most frustrating things Ive had to deal with pertaining to a game possibly ever.  FIX THE GOD DAMN ONLINE COOP FIRST, worry about the other stupid little issues later.  LISTEN TO THE CONSUMER, WE PAY YOUR SALARIES.  Thank you

These companies need to be sued i bought digital then disc hoping it would fix but nope. I thought they said this patch will fix it but nope lies to buy more time. I only want to play this coop so yes its unplayable and false advertising coop when it crashes instantly. These companies make gaming a joke. refund my digital f the fix now. I might report to BBB they are pond lettuce...

you people should stop whining, does anyone of you actually have any idea how hard it is to make a patch that fixes the coding for millions of consoles that all have a different coding for each country? yes they are way to consentrated on stupid chupacabra like duping, but it doesnt change the fact that its something thats really hard to fix when they have to find one or multiple flaws that can be the reason of the game's CTDs. coding isnt as easy as it seemes y'know, so if you think its so fucken easy then learn some frikken coding and fix the problem yourselves you shitcunt-eating-bluewaffles-_-' 

Actually having a degree in computer science, I do know how hard it is to create patches for programs. I also know that with all the error reports created from the crashing game, the problem should stick out like a sore thumb, and yes actually finding a fix for said problem can be difficult. However most of the outrage from the community is coming from the lack of response from the development team. Support tickets are going unanswered, blame being put on playstation by tech land, and play station blaming tech land.

I look at game studios like Endnight Games who developed The Forest. Their twitter and Facebook feeds are filled with feedback and responses from the devs as well as constant updates on patches and new features. Being a AAA developer, techland should at least be able to address the concerns of the customer, not fix right away...just let them know what is going on.

Hey everyone I may have a fix for you after about 6 days of crashing online ps4 I restored my license for me and my girlfriend ps4 and it worked try it. Settings-psn-restore license. If you are playing with a friend have them do it too just in case

It looks like I am able to play regular coop fine at the moment without issue after downloading the patch, however when someone joins as the zombie I still crash. Luckily it is not as frequently as it was (almost every minute).

Here's hoping it's because of the player not having the patch installed on their ps4.

Anyone else still crashing?

**EDIT**

Never mind, just crashed doing normal missions with a friend that has the patch installed.

Try to restore your license on your ps4 it worked for me and my girlfriend

Hi Techland I would like to report the Game Crashes often on PS4 and mostly during Co-Op missions - also Framerate Drops during 2nd City in Town Centers where there are a lot of Zombies

Actually having a degree in computer science, I do know how hard it is to create patches for programs. I also know that with all the error reports created from the crashing game, the problem should stick out like a sore thumb, and yes actually finding a fix for said problem can be difficult. However most of the outrage from the community is coming from the lack of response from the development team. Support tickets are going unanswered, blame being put on playstation by tech land, and play station blaming tech land.

I look at game studios like Endnight Games who developed The Forest. Their twitter and Facebook feeds are filled with feedback and responses from the devs as well as constant updates on patches and new features. Being a AAA developer, techland should at least be able to address the concerns of the customer, not fix right away...just let them know what is going on.

Well said but this company always puts ot really broken games and prefers to ignore them. I hope they disolve now.

you people should stop whining, does anyone of you actually have any idea how hard it is to make a patch that fixes the coding for millions of consoles that all have a different coding for each country? yes they are way to consentrated on stupid chupacabra like duping, but it doesnt change the fact that its something thats really hard to fix when they have to find one or multiple flaws that can be the reason of the game's CTDs. coding isnt as easy as it seemes y'know, so if you think its so fucken easy then learn some frikken coding and fix the problem yourselves you shitcunt-eating-bluewaffles-_-' 

Another new account made to just to try badly to make us look wrong nice try techmeh