Sign in to follow this  
aklizardking

Coop Issues With Joining Friends

Question

I have been reading that many people are having issues with joining friends games on the ps4, pc and xbox. I have also been having the same issue. Here is what I know since I have been experiencing this problem. I can only connect to my room mate in my home. I have his xbox on the dmz and mine has all the ports for xbox one static to my xbox and both show a open nat. Room mate can join others games, I can not whether he is in that game or not. Everyone has there multiplayer settings in game to friends invite as well. When I try to join someones game from the main screen of dying light nothing happens from party chat or invite through xbox. But when I have my Party chat snapped I can see everyone's status go from "dying light" to "in your game", but there I am seating there looking at the main screen with nothing happening. Eventually after opening and closing the game with many invites later, I finally some how manage to get the game to come up from the main screen for me to join there game. Once it starts to load the game, I then press A and bam "this game session is no longer available" keep in mine that during this hole time it is saying that I am connected with the "in your game" status. I have had friends port forward with open nat, hard booted my xbox, hard booted modem/router, everything under the sun to get this coop to work. It would be great if the devs would acknowledge that there is a problem and at least say they know of the issue and are working on the problem. 

6 answers to this question

I have been reading that many people are having issues with joining friends games on the ps4, pc and xbox. I have also been having the same issue. Here is what I know since I have been experiencing this problem. I can only connect to my room mate in my home. I have his xbox on the dmz and mine has all the ports for xbox one static to my xbox and both show a open nat. Room mate can join others games, I can not whether he is in that game or not. Everyone has there multiplayer settings in game to friends invite as well. When I try to join someones game from the main screen of dying light nothing happens from party chat or invite through xbox. But when I have my Party chat snapped I can see everyone's status go from "dying light" to "in your game", but there I am seating there looking at the main screen with nothing happening. Eventually after opening and closing the game with many invites later, I finally some how manage to get the game to come up from the main screen for me to join there game. Once it starts to load the game, I then press A and bam "this game session is no longer available" keep in mine that during this hole time it is saying that I am connected with the "in your game" status. I have had friends port forward with open nat, hard booted my xbox, hard booted modem/router, everything under the sun to get this coop to work. It would be great if the devs would acknowledge that there is a problem and at least say they know of the issue and are working on the problem. 

So this is NOT just PS4 then... hrm...

http://forum.techland.pl/topic/3339-patch-103-is-just-to-shut-us-up/

Over A year down the road and this still hasn't been fixed.(See below, bottom post is mine)

My fiancé bought Dying Light when it first came out. About two weeks ago he convinced me to buy it so we could play together. He even restarted his game so he would be starting from the beginning like me. Up until yesterday I had no problems playing. Then all the sudden yesterday, I kept getting all this errors like

Creating a PlayStation network game failed.
You have been disconnected from the game.
Cant connect to game session at this moment.

I have even tried playing this game by myself without trying to join my fiancé and I still get a message that pops up and stops my game play every few minutes that says you have been disconnected from the game. I know its not my internet or my PS4 because all of my other games play just fine.

I feel like I have wasted money by buying this game. I was even going to get the DLC because I was having so much fun with it. I have changed my mind fast on that. I cant even play the game solo anymore. Its frustrating. I don't know if I even want to play this anymore because of all these problems. I cant even enjoy the game with my fiancé while he has off from work for valentines. I wish I could get my money back for this crappy game"

Myself and the two friends are having exactly the same issues.
Makes no difference if we are playing together or on our own (unless we select offline mode) we get the above messages, sometimes every few minutes.
Guess the game has been a huge waste of money as the whole reason for buying it was for the multiplayer.
With this fixed it would be an excellent game but as it is it is unplayable.

Looks like I too wasted my money?