Trophy and Achievement Glitches  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

Dear Techland,

several trophies (PS4) and achievements (Xbox One) are glitched. I have compiled a list down below. There are also complaints about this on other trophy and achievement forums.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dying-light/258293-glitched-trophies.html

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613514

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23916-the-whole-story-side-quest-trophy-potential-issue/

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23936-trespassing-trophy-issue/

The glitches appear to be completely random. The trophies unlock for some people, but not for others. I have asked around and looked at forum posts and this happens on both the digital and the disc version (EU and USA). I also asked people whether they touched co-op or not. It doesn't seem to make any difference. A friend of mine did everything in single player without ever activating the online mode and has some trophy glitches too (but he got the trophy for all text collectibles).

The saddest part of all, however, is that the platinum trophy (or 1000 Gamerscore) is currently unobtainable (*Patch 1.02 -- Feb 02, 2015) because the side quest trophy does not unlock for anyone.

It's All In the Writing
Find all text collectibles
>Glitched for 90% of players. Almost nobody - me included - got this trophy after finding the 67 text collectibles in the game (34 notes, 17 Battle Journals, 16 Voice Mails). Others got it just fine. I tested it with some old save game backups and collected the last couple of things again, but no trophy every time. It doesn't seem to matter what collectible you pick last. One time I picked up a note last, another time a voice mail. No trophy.

Trespassing
Complete all Quarantine Zones
>Glitched for 75% of players. A lot of complaints about this one too. Doesn't unlock for most people, others get it just fine (worked for me, did all of them solo).

Now It's Safe
Capture all Safe Zones
>Glitched for 30% of players. For most people this works fine, but there are a number of reports that this doesn't unlock.

Homo Homini Lupus Est
Save 15 survivors from Rais's men
>Glitched for 90% of players. But most of them got it after freeing a couple more men (21 or so in total). So this one can unlock, it just doesn't unlock at 15 for anyone.

This is Harraaaaan!
Kill 100 enemies by kicking them off the rooftops/cliffs.

>Not completely sure about this one. It seems to unlock eventually, but for some people doesn't unlock after 100. If you keep kicking more zombies off rooftops/cliffs it should unlock eventually.

Pheidippides
Run (move or sprint) at least 42.195 m

>Glitched for 10% of players, but it should unlock eventually. There are players who have 50km+ in their statistics, but haven't earned the trophy yet.

The Whole Story
Finish all side quests.
>Glitched for 100% of players. Currently unobtainable. Because of this the platinum trophy (or 1000 Gamerscore) is not possible at this time. There are several people who have 100% in-game completion, but no trophy popped.

Please fix these issues as soon as possible and let us know if there are any workarounds for this. You fixed the "There and Back Again" trophy in the first Dead Island with patch 1.04, so I am sure you guys can figure this out too :)

If you are one of the unlucky ones with a glitched trophy / achievement, please leave a post in this thread and participate in the poll above. The more feedback we have, the easier it will be for the developers to locate the problem and the sooner we may get a patch for this.

Edited by PowerPyx

The first ones u said....i played the game over 100 hours in 3 different slots and i ve noticed that after those the blueprint will appear!!! Homo homini trophy is not glitched for sure, it only very rare that the survivors appear, anyway if u want to reach quicker the trophy i suggest u to start a new game

Thank you! I'm up to 13 just going around doing side quests in the Slums on my new game plus. I still have quite a bit of those challenges left so I will use your method after I'm done all the side quests.

Im playing on the PC through Steam and have two achievement issues. It shows Im missing one Quarantine Zone even though I did them all to get Trespassing, and I cant complete Bolter Hunting no mattter how many i kill.

Update - I started going around to every bolter area to see if anything worked and finally found one that counted as my 5th, though I still have no idea why the previous 8 or so never counted.

Edited by Sargonnax

Im playing on the PC through Steam and have two achievement issues. It shows Im missing one Quarantine Zone even though I did them all to get Trespassing, and I cant complete Bolter Hunting no mattter how many i kill.

Statistic shows watewer it wants. I got the trophy/achievement with "0" quarantine zones in the stats

Also, got trophy for saving survivors from Rais with 10 at the counter, and climbed total 7.03km for the "mount everest" trophy.

The game looks like a whole, big glitch.

Statistic shows watewer it wants. I got the trophy/achievement with "0" quarantine zones in the stats

Also, got trophy for saving survivors from Rais with 10 at the counter, and climbed total 7.03km for the "mount everest" trophy.

The game looks like a whole, big glitch.

How many safe zones does the statistics say you have? I have 17 and there's no more for me to get on either map, and I did every quest for now it's safe that might have unlocked any hidden safe zone and still nothing...

Just got my Platinum no thanks to techland of course! Hear is the work around that worked for me and at least 5 other people who had all missions showing completed.

Start the game and delete all your save games from inside the game(I recommend backing up your saves either via USB or cloud save), then start a new game from the advanced settings on mission Pact with Rais, then complete the "Mothers Day" side quest and upon turning in the pills to lena the trophy for "The Whole Story" should pop!

Hope this helps some people

Just got my Platinum no thanks to techland of course! Hear is the work around that worked for me and at least 5 other people who had all missions showing completed.

Start the game and delete all your save games from inside the game(I recommend backing up your saves either via USB or cloud save), then start a new game from the advanced settings on mission Pact with Rais, then complete the "Mothers Day" side quest and upon turning in the pills to lena the trophy for "The Whole Story" should pop!

confirmed this works just got the trophy finally!!   (PS4, EU, DIGITAL)

i also tried picking up notes and diaries in the tower and the one in gazi's house, however its all in the writing didnt pop. time to try NG+ method for fixing that one now too..

Thx to livnuph8ter, i just got platinum after weeks without the new patch!!!

Thank you very much mate.This worked for me and a friend.one trophy less  :P .

But still i cant finish the safe zones.did all the safe zones twice and still no trophy.what a poor support from techlands side.it is very frustrating because the only thing you have after you complete 100% of the game is to go for the trophies and you cant even do that because of the bugs.i saved 29 survivors from rais men before the trophy appear.twice the  safe zones but no trophy and i did twice the notes and diaries and still no trophy.its a shame...

anyone has a tip for the zones and the diaries?ng+ didnt help for the diaries also

Edited by doltrin

For some reason my "can't touch this" achievement is locked at 10%.. I've tried everything from new game, new game +, molotovs, and hacking away making sure I didn't lose health.. Any suggestions?!

I've currently rescued 17 civilians from Rais' men for the Homo Homini Lupus Est trophy. However whenever I find another random event that has to do with me saving one (which takes minimum an hour to find), my trophy does not proc. 

I am sick and tired of wasting my time to get the last trophy of the game. This trophy alone has taken me over 5+ hours already. I'll likely stop playing until something is ACTUALLY done about this problem. 

Hey guys, any updates as for 03/20/15? i've finished the game on PS4 a couple weeks ago, had the same problems with some of the most common glitched trophies. Though after repeating them, a whole lot more than the trophy itself required, i managed to get all the trophies except the Whole story (finish all side quests).. I've completed 100% of the story without any issues, but still thats the only trophy i'm missing for the platinum

Anybody know if Techland is planning to release a new patch this month to fix this? I really don't know if i should try this method yet or just wait for a patch:

any thoughts zombie killers?

I couldn't get the Homo homini lupus est trophy until I just deleted the last update (I also backed up my save file on a flash drive because the game said it was corrupted) but after i did that I only saved like 3 well 2 of them had 2 people but it popped up on a fresh playthrough which I thought was kinda wierd

They get rid of the good glitches but dont worry the put in a bunch of terrible glitches which make it near impossible to get all of the trophies/achievements thanks!

Hey,

Can you guys help us narrow the problem ? Can you tell us platform you are playing on ? We want to make sure on what platforms there are still problems reported. Right now it looks like it is mostly PS4 that still has issues after patch. We want to make sure.

Hey Karol.. In my case as stated before, playing on PS4 after the latest patch i finished the game (all collectibles, side quests, etc included) getting all trophies except "The Whole Story" one.. hope you guys release a fix soon

For me also Polyarmory isn't working. Also after the new patch.

I tried to get that trophy for 5 or 6 times. Everytime I played 5 quests with the same "crew". But nothing helps. Some of the other guys got the trophy.

Some others not.

I play on PS4 with the digital AT-Version.

Karol, I'm playing on PS4...disc version. The 'Now It's Safe' trophy is the one that won't pop for me. My roommate has the exact same number of safe houses and got the trophy. I started a new game+ and started to get them again hoping this would pop it. I'm almost done and so far it hasn't worked. It's the only trophy keeping me from platinum. Please fix it! Thank you.

Hey,

Can you guys help us narrow the problem ? Can you tell us platform you are playing on ? We want to make sure on what platforms there are still problems reported. Right now it looks like it is mostly PS4 that still has issues after patch. We want to make sure.

Hey Karol, any news about that Patch? As of April 1st, still can't get the "Whole Story" trophy which means i'm not able to get the platinum for this great game.. Got any updates or possible patch dates? Platform: PS4 - Disc version

"It's all in the Writing" is my issue. I've tried every which way I can to get this thing to pop for me but it just won't. I've found all 67 solo, in co-op, on normal, hard, new game +, with a network connection, without a network connection, etc. I'm super disappointed in Techland as a company at this moment. I don't know why you guys would spend time trying to make future content for this game if you can't fix the current problems. You sold around 3 million copies in your first month of sales and I highly doubt anyone wanted to pay full price for a broken game (I know I didn't). I know that not unlocking a trophy isn't the end of the world but if I pay 100% of the price I want it to work 100% of the time. I find it a little greedy on Techland's part to make an announcement of DLC (which will probably cost more money) when you can't get the base product to fully function. You guys have a big enough fan base that you should be able to alpha and beta test your games to make sure they function 100% before release. I really enjoyed this game and I will continue to play it if you will fix your problems. As of now I am debating on if I want to purchase future products from Techland. Which is sad because Hellraid looks very good, but I'm not paying full price for more broken games. Lastly, if you aren't going to fix your currents issues then you need to make your DLC free. Outfits, 50 new weapons (which isn't really 50), hard mode, and extremely rare gold weapons aren't enough to make up for what is wrong. At least I don't think so.

ChocoChip, I pretty much agree with you. I understand the main objective with a game is to have fun, but it does suck when there's one stuck trophy holding you back from a Platinum and it doesn't get fixed. The same thing happened with Dead Island: Riptide, which is also a Techland game. There was a glitched trophy for collectables that Techland never bothered to fix. The only way to maybe get it was to start over and keep grinding through postcards until it hopefully popped. Glitched trophies seem to be a running theme with Techland, which is a shame, cuz their games are fun. Nonetheless, problems with the original content should be fixed before focusing on DLC. If not, I may hold off on buying Techland games in the future. Sounds like I'm not alone.