Trophy and Achievement Glitches  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

Dear Techland,

several trophies (PS4) and achievements (Xbox One) are glitched. I have compiled a list down below. There are also complaints about this on other trophy and achievement forums.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dying-light/258293-glitched-trophies.html

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613514

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23916-the-whole-story-side-quest-trophy-potential-issue/

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23936-trespassing-trophy-issue/

The glitches appear to be completely random. The trophies unlock for some people, but not for others. I have asked around and looked at forum posts and this happens on both the digital and the disc version (EU and USA). I also asked people whether they touched co-op or not. It doesn't seem to make any difference. A friend of mine did everything in single player without ever activating the online mode and has some trophy glitches too (but he got the trophy for all text collectibles).

The saddest part of all, however, is that the platinum trophy (or 1000 Gamerscore) is currently unobtainable (*Patch 1.02 -- Feb 02, 2015) because the side quest trophy does not unlock for anyone.

It's All In the Writing
Find all text collectibles
>Glitched for 90% of players. Almost nobody - me included - got this trophy after finding the 67 text collectibles in the game (34 notes, 17 Battle Journals, 16 Voice Mails). Others got it just fine. I tested it with some old save game backups and collected the last couple of things again, but no trophy every time. It doesn't seem to matter what collectible you pick last. One time I picked up a note last, another time a voice mail. No trophy.

Trespassing
Complete all Quarantine Zones
>Glitched for 75% of players. A lot of complaints about this one too. Doesn't unlock for most people, others get it just fine (worked for me, did all of them solo).

Now It's Safe
Capture all Safe Zones
>Glitched for 30% of players. For most people this works fine, but there are a number of reports that this doesn't unlock.

Homo Homini Lupus Est
Save 15 survivors from Rais's men
>Glitched for 90% of players. But most of them got it after freeing a couple more men (21 or so in total). So this one can unlock, it just doesn't unlock at 15 for anyone.

This is Harraaaaan!
Kill 100 enemies by kicking them off the rooftops/cliffs.

>Not completely sure about this one. It seems to unlock eventually, but for some people doesn't unlock after 100. If you keep kicking more zombies off rooftops/cliffs it should unlock eventually.

Pheidippides
Run (move or sprint) at least 42.195 m

>Glitched for 10% of players, but it should unlock eventually. There are players who have 50km+ in their statistics, but haven't earned the trophy yet.

The Whole Story
Finish all side quests.
>Glitched for 100% of players. Currently unobtainable. Because of this the platinum trophy (or 1000 Gamerscore) is not possible at this time. There are several people who have 100% in-game completion, but no trophy popped.

Please fix these issues as soon as possible and let us know if there are any workarounds for this. You fixed the "There and Back Again" trophy in the first Dead Island with patch 1.04, so I am sure you guys can figure this out too :)

If you are one of the unlucky ones with a glitched trophy / achievement, please leave a post in this thread and participate in the poll above. The more feedback we have, the easier it will be for the developers to locate the problem and the sooner we may get a patch for this.

Edited by PowerPyx

You can count challenges in your sp game in the quests to see if it says you have at least 15 completed...you just have to look at each step where it says picked up weapon, etc. Jusg in case it might not have registered some you did in coop

i currently have 4 achievements glitched. I completed all side quests, all quarantines, all collectibles and saved well over 20 men from rais dudes, please fix this soon, i getting bored of game already

i currently have 4 achievements glitched. I completed all side quests, all quarantines, all collectibles and saved well over 20 men from rais dudes, please fix this soon, i getting bored of game already

Want me to give you 30 so i can split another DL disc into pieces

Is there any news on the update/patch for achievments (since 1.04) ?. I have been able to replay the game and workaround some, but others (such as Trespassing) I have finished all 8 of the quarantine zones in completion twice and still no trophy.. I literally finished the game and restarted it all over again in a new save trying to obtain some of the trophies that did not show the first time around. This method did work for "Now It's Safe", "Homo Homini Lupus Est", "Bolter Hunting", "Electrified", Enlightened" which were all previously not popping up for me even after meeting the requirements.

I really want to platinum this game, but it is turning into more of a nightmare to platinum than I am interested in messing with.

PC patch 1.4 and I'm stuck at 42/44 side quests and 16/17 safe houses yet I have 100% total completion. The house with red smoke is still bugged for me, it shows the bubble icon instead of the safe house.

50hrs game time in one save alone

one save is complete 100% story and 100% overall, max stats etc

in statistics it says ive captured 0 safe zones or quarantine zones, however i got the trophies for both without any problems

a long way down was glitched for me, took about 20 attempts, quitting game didnt work nor did a new save. i had to restart my ps4 turn off and on reload the game and then it worked for me on my 5th jumping off after resetting. (i did it right every time)

Homo Homini Lupus Est took me 19 rescues in statistics, this is because even when you rescue two people it only counts as 1 random encounter.. you need 15 encounters not 15 actual survivors themselves.

collected 67/67 collectibles, 100/100 statues and 30/30 flags, completed every story mission, side quest & challenge: no 'the whole story' trophy or 'it's all in the writing' -- in statistics ive completed over 100 missions between my completed and new saves, also tried a few fixes ppl had came up with (literally searched every forum i could find+ youtube), started new game (not NG+, however i have now and it hasn't worked either) and collected notes/journals/voice recordings as well as doing a solid amount of side quests, no trophies have popped.

EDIT: competed an entirely new save 100% story and overall & no trophies

ps4 digital im in Australia so i think its EU (?)

all done 100% solo offline

as of 5th march there was an update file for dying light.. on ps4 update history i have 1.01 and and 1.02 which claims to have fixed trophies.. it has not.

no other updates are available to me 

Edit- also collected every blueprint (including night hunter potion), i feel that there should have been a trophy/achievement for getting all of them in the first place?? 

Edited by sicam

My currently glitched Achievements:

--Mount Everest (I'm over 10,000 m, according to the game hub, Achievement stuck at 94%): I've tried running around randomly and climbinb, no luck. Trying in NG+, to see if it helps, but no dice so far.

--Now It's Safe (got through all Safe Zones, Achievement stuck at 94%): I might have had a zone unlock during co-op, so I'm doing NG+ by myself to see if it helps. I unlocked all of the initial Slums zones for the second time, no Achievement, and I think all of my co-op play was in the Slums, so I'm thinking it might be the bus Safe House with Rahim (was doing that mission co-op at the time).

--The Whole Story (all mission done, stuck at 79%): Again, played some co-op, which might be the cause, so I'm trying again in NG+ and playing 100% solo.

--Homo Homini Lupus Est (maybe, as I don't have a valid count on this): I'm not sure if this is broken, but it's possible. I didn't go crazy doing the survivor saving in Old Town, so I might not have reached 15, no way of telling. I'll see if I can get it done in NG+ as well.

I didn't make an attempt at It's All in the Writing, so that COULD be glitched, but I'm not sure. I might try some wrap-up collecting with that as I go through NG+.

"It's all in the writing" is also glitched for me (PS4, EU Disc version, patch 1.02 (started on patch 1.01))

Have a backup savegame where three notes are missing, but reloading that one did not get me the trophy.

Also starting a new game and picked up some collectibles did not work for me, so far (collected another 18 in total now).

Any help?

Edit:

Got it!

I deleted the whole game, disabled internet connection, because I wanted to try it with no patch, reinstalled the game. Made a new savegame from the last story mission, picked up note #5 from the board to the right and got over to the battle journal #0. That moment, the trophy came. Finally :)

Edited by jho_de

On a ps4?

"It's all in the writing" is also glitched for me (PS4, EU Disc version, patch 1.02 (started on patch 1.01))

Have a backup savegame where three notes are missing, but reloading that one did not get me the trophy.

Also starting a new game and picked up some collectibles did not work for me, so far (collected another 18 in total now).

Any help?

Edit:

Got it!

I deleted the whole game, disabled internet connection, because I wanted to try it with no patch, reinstalled the game. Made a new savegame from the last story mission, picked up note #5 from the board to the right and got over to the battle journal #0. That moment, the trophy came. Finally :)

Hi,

I´ve got some weird trouble receiving "The Whole Story" on my PS4. I own the European disc version bought in Austria.

My problem is that I finished every single side quest (51) and have not received the trophy yet. That´s pretty common, but the weird part is that three other players playing coop with me of which none of them has completed all side quests received the trophy while playing with me.

I am really starting to get mad. Dying Light is no bad game and I really enjoyed playing through the story, but this chupacabra of a trophy combined with the fact that everyone else beside me "achieve" the trophy is pissing me of. Please release a patch asap so that I can receive my platinum trophy. Thanks

Knock, Knock, Techland peabrains.

This games been out for almost a month and a half now and you guys can't even quick fix your screwed up achievement problems.

LOOK AT THIS chupacabra.

TAKE A GOOD LONG STARE.

http://imgur.com/IxBOZ5O

HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME WAIT OVER A MONTH AND A HALF FOR A GODAMN ACHIEVEMENT.

HOW.

DARE.

YOU.

Edited by thedogkeeper

Additionally to The Whole Store fix Homo Homini Lupus Est and It´s All In The Writing, too.

Those are the last three trophies I need to achieve platinum and I´ve met all the requirements to the trophies, but as you are unable to program a functioning game I did not get them yet :(

I only have two more trophies left, The Whole Story and Homo Homini. The latter I won't discuss much, as I only have 10 in my statistics. The only thing I have to say about that one - the occurrences are far too rare, I can be circling around Old Town for an hour without anything happening. Now about The Whole Story, the thing is glitched. I've beat the whole game and counted three times over, I've completed 51 side quests. Nothing. I started a new game plus and did some side quests, seemed to work for some. Nothing. I just got the game towards the end of February and have been playing it religiously because I love the game. It's really great, I actually want to tell people to get it. Although I love the game, I really don't want to have to go do the same old errands for everyone, especially if I do all 51 again and still get no trophy. I would love to plat this game, help me out!

Hi wak if i can suggest u, insread of going circle around....do a challenge once u finish it in few minute will appear the blueprint....then after if u don t have any challenges left, go in a safe house and sleep overnight! Hope this can help

Well I've finally unlocked "the whole story" achievement, AFTER 148 side quests... Now I'm stuck on "its all in the writing", I picked every single item and nothing. I have the digital version NA ps4 with the crappy 1.04 patch that supposedly fix the achievements...

Edited by Mrgg85

Hi wak if i can suggest u, insread of going circle around....do a challenge once u finish it in few minute will appear the blueprint....then after if u don t have any challenges left, go in a safe house and sleep overnight! Hope this can help

As in challenge do you mean like the agility/grappling/killing challenges or like a side quest?

As in challenge do you mean like the agility/grappling/killing challenges or like a side quest?

The first ones u said....i played the game over 100 hours in 3 different slots and i ve noticed that after those the blueprint will appear!!! Homo homini trophy is not glitched for sure, it only very rare that the survivors appear, anyway if u want to reach quicker the trophy i suggest u to start a new game