Trophy and Achievement Glitches  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

Dear Techland,

several trophies (PS4) and achievements (Xbox One) are glitched. I have compiled a list down below. There are also complaints about this on other trophy and achievement forums.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dying-light/258293-glitched-trophies.html

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613514

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23916-the-whole-story-side-quest-trophy-potential-issue/

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23936-trespassing-trophy-issue/

The glitches appear to be completely random. The trophies unlock for some people, but not for others. I have asked around and looked at forum posts and this happens on both the digital and the disc version (EU and USA). I also asked people whether they touched co-op or not. It doesn't seem to make any difference. A friend of mine did everything in single player without ever activating the online mode and has some trophy glitches too (but he got the trophy for all text collectibles).

The saddest part of all, however, is that the platinum trophy (or 1000 Gamerscore) is currently unobtainable (*Patch 1.02 -- Feb 02, 2015) because the side quest trophy does not unlock for anyone.

It's All In the Writing
Find all text collectibles
>Glitched for 90% of players. Almost nobody - me included - got this trophy after finding the 67 text collectibles in the game (34 notes, 17 Battle Journals, 16 Voice Mails). Others got it just fine. I tested it with some old save game backups and collected the last couple of things again, but no trophy every time. It doesn't seem to matter what collectible you pick last. One time I picked up a note last, another time a voice mail. No trophy.

Trespassing
Complete all Quarantine Zones
>Glitched for 75% of players. A lot of complaints about this one too. Doesn't unlock for most people, others get it just fine (worked for me, did all of them solo).

Now It's Safe
Capture all Safe Zones
>Glitched for 30% of players. For most people this works fine, but there are a number of reports that this doesn't unlock.

Homo Homini Lupus Est
Save 15 survivors from Rais's men
>Glitched for 90% of players. But most of them got it after freeing a couple more men (21 or so in total). So this one can unlock, it just doesn't unlock at 15 for anyone.

This is Harraaaaan!
Kill 100 enemies by kicking them off the rooftops/cliffs.

>Not completely sure about this one. It seems to unlock eventually, but for some people doesn't unlock after 100. If you keep kicking more zombies off rooftops/cliffs it should unlock eventually.

Pheidippides
Run (move or sprint) at least 42.195 m

>Glitched for 10% of players, but it should unlock eventually. There are players who have 50km+ in their statistics, but haven't earned the trophy yet.

The Whole Story
Finish all side quests.
>Glitched for 100% of players. Currently unobtainable. Because of this the platinum trophy (or 1000 Gamerscore) is not possible at this time. There are several people who have 100% in-game completion, but no trophy popped.

Please fix these issues as soon as possible and let us know if there are any workarounds for this. You fixed the "There and Back Again" trophy in the first Dead Island with patch 1.04, so I am sure you guys can figure this out too :)

If you are one of the unlucky ones with a glitched trophy / achievement, please leave a post in this thread and participate in the poll above. The more feedback we have, the easier it will be for the developers to locate the problem and the sooner we may get a patch for this.

Edited by PowerPyx

I made an account just to say I absolutely LOVE this game, but the achievement glitches are killing me. I'm so close to 100% but THE WHOLE STORY and IT'S ALL IN THE WRITING won't unlock for me despite having done every side quest and having 67/67 collectables.

Edit: I'm playing on Xbox One

Edited by ChildrenToSpare

Seems like today was the day that The Whole Story achievement unlocked for many people. Spent all day going for Polyamory achievement (finish 5 quests with the same group of 4 players) and accomplished this 3 times. The achievement would not unlock (or track progress). Soon after we'd finish 5,6, or 7 missions, the game would inevitably boot a player. Very frustrating.

I have all the collectibles and completed all quarantine zones and neither achievement is popping up for me. I believe I have completed all side quests and that achievement didnt pop either. I have beaten the game and I am trying to complete some of these achievements again after reloading a story mission (not new game +), but I am not even sure if the achievements will pop or not. I am not sure if it is even worth it to complete everest and the last couple of achievements because 2 to 3 others are glitched. How sad that games are like this now!

So the best thing you should do before play through the Game and Complete the Last Side Quest is to Backup your Save ?

And try to unlock The Whole Story Trophy, if it doenst pop load the Save File and try with a New Game to unlock it with Side Quests.

I am really disappointed, Everyone warned me not to finish the game cause of the glitched Trophy THE WHOLE STORY. Now i was at the broadcast mission, had alle sidequests finished so far. Then the last one appeared "The Launch Antenna". Before i did it i went to my Update Log and it said Patch 1.04 (Fixed the unlocking of "The Wholy Story") so i was reassured and started it and what happen? The trophy didnt unlock :(( and i didnt do an extra savegame cause i trusted you. Now i'm screwed. I dont even feel like finishing the game anymore now, I have not once played coop, just singleplayer. cause i wanted to avoid this.but still :(

Was finally able to unlock "Trespassing" and earn my platinum. Deleted all saves via Application saved data management making sure my stats were ZEROED out. Deleting your save in the game's menu doesn't reset the stats even when creating a New Save. Played through the game in SP up to Old Town and zipped through the QZs. Although I had the DLC QZs installed, I did the original 8 and it popped. Also was playing ver. 1.04

Edited by Magi22

I started a new game plus now and did four more side missions , the trophy just wont unlock.

Also i freed 19 hostages from rais people already and that trophy doesnt unlock either., i played more than 70 hours already this is starting to ge frustrating. :((

I am really disappointed, Everyone warned me not to finish the game cause of the glitched Trophy THE WHOLE STORY. Now i was at the broadcast mission, had alle sidequests finished so far. Then the last one appeared "The Launch Antenna". Before i did it i went to my Update Log and it said Patch 1.04 (Fixed the unlocking of "The Wholy Story") so i was reassured and started it and what happen? The trophy didnt unlock :(( and i didnt do an extra savegame cause i trusted you. Now i'm screwed. I dont even feel like finishing the game anymore now, I have not once played coop, just singleplayer. cause i wanted to avoid this.but still :(

Feel sorry for you.

I was able to upload a Save File before i finished the Story to my USB - it is before the last mission called Extraction and before the last 2 Side Quests called Troll & The Launch :rolleyes:

Maybe i can share it with you or is it not possible to share Save Stats to help you out ?

I started a new game plus now and did four more side missions , the trophy just wont unlock.

Also i freed 19 hostages from rais people already and that trophy doesnt unlock either., i played more than 70 hours already this is starting to ge frustrating. :((

I did also start a New Game + and did 2 Side Quests, the Trophy didnt pop for me either.

I heard somebody had to do about 30+ Side Quests to get ''The Whole Story'' :blink:

@ Blueprinter :

I am on PS4, its not possible to share Savegames on that.

30plus Side Quests?  Oh wow... what i dont understand is .. i have Patch 1.04 and it says it got fixed but nope. Also what i dont understand is that it's simply Counter Trophies " IF 15 hostages freed THEN pop trophy " How can it be possible that in my stats it says 18 but stupid trophy doesnt want to decide to unlock? IF 52 Sidemissions THEN pop trophy.. I am not a programmer but that doesn't sound like it would be some kinda rocket science :(

Feel sorry for you.

I was able to upload a Save File before i finished the Story to my USB - it is before the last mission called Extraction and before the last 2 Side Quests called Troll & The Launch :rolleyes:

Maybe i can share it with you or is it not possible to share Save Stats to help you out ?

I did also start a New Game + and did 2 Side Quests, the Trophy didnt pop for me either.

I heard somebody had to do about 30+ Side Quests to get ''The Whole Story'' :blink:

@ Blueprinter :

I am on PS4, its not possible to share Savegames on that.

30plus Side Quests?  Oh wow... what i dont understand is .. i have Patch 1.04 and it says it got fixed but nope. Also what i dont understand is that it's simply Counter Trophies " IF 15 hostages freed THEN pop trophy " How can it be possible that in my stats it says 18 but stupid trophy doesnt want to decide to unlock? IF 52 Sidemissions THEN pop trophy.. I am not a programmer but that doesn't sound like it would be some kinda rocket science :(

You probably got glitcthed because of the Patch 1.04 you installed during the Game. I installed the Patch too.

Keep doing Side Quests + Save Hostages etc. in New Game +

Thats how i unlocked ''The Whole Story'' finally :rolleyes:

Typical Techland sadists, they love when we struggle with the trophies :D

I have to say they did a pretty good work on the game. I had no bugs or crazy things happen.  thumbs up for that.

But two things are like the holy grail for gamers

1."savegames"  if they get corrupted or anything then the whole game turns into chupacabra no matter how much fun you had with it before

2,"trophy glitches"  it's like you worked so hard and you had your strategy and everything and then ...nothing... it turns a good gaming experience into a really bad one when that happens.

I'm stuck on It's All In the Writing as well, but just wanted to report that I did unlock The Whole Story (trophy, PS4 NA disc version) yesterday on my first play through / save. The last quest I did was the one where you use the key to grab the museum loot. I guess I'm going to grab a few text collectibles on a new save to see if it pops.

Also in regards to the Italian Plumber trophy I kept failing it over and over because I wasn't reading the description clearly, i.e., I was jumping off one zombie and killing a differnet one. The first time I jumped off and killed the same zombie it popped.

In regards to my previous post...my first game had all 67 collectibles but no trophy.

I started a new game (new save slot), collected battle journal #0 in the tower, then note #4 right outside and All in the Writing just popped followed by the platinum.

In regards to my previous post...my first game had all 67 collectibles but no trophy.

I started a new game (new save slot), collected battle journal #0 in the tower, then note #4 right outside and All in the Writing just popped followed by the platinum.

Dear Techland, 

Just wanted to take a minute and thank you for releasing such a great game. I played a total of 58 hours and really enjoyed myself, unfortunatly I've come across a few trophies with glitches. No need to go into details because most of the members have covered the issues in depth. I'm posting onto this forum just to air out my discontent on what could have been a great gaming experience. Your updated file patch on February 12, 2015 did not resolve the aforementioned issues. The irony is that HARRAN IS IN CRISIS and we need your developers to produce a patch in the very near future that will bring gamers around the world back to Harran. Please don't let the GRE win in the destruction of such a good game. I'm sure Mr. Napora team is going to fix the issue before the DLC releases but in the meantime I'll discontinue trying to achieve my platinum trophy and go hang out in KARAT until Bloodborne arrives. 

Sincerely

A true gamer  

Hey guys,

Just so you won't feel left out of the loop - we are working on improving achievements in our upcoming patch so hopefully it will fix all of your achievement issues. And just to clarify - once all problems are gone you should receive your achievements - it is unlikely that You will have to do them all over again. Once the patch is live we will inform you how to exactly make sure that they unlock. The only thing we are asking is for just a little bit more patience.

Hey guys,

Just so you won't feel left out of the loop - we are working on improving achievements in our upcoming patch so hopefully it will fix all of your achievement issues. And just to clarify - once all problems are gone you should receive your achievements - it is unlikely that You will have to do them all over again. Once the patch is live we will inform you how to exactly make sure that they unlock. The only thing we are asking is for just a little bit more patience.

A lot of these people seem to have had the issue before the first patch... I myself bought the game in the united stated on Feb 13 for the xbox one. I have put in over 50 hours since then and have all my safe houses/ quests complete. My achievement tracker shows 88% for "the whole story" and 94% for "now its safe" Yet when i go to my player statistics in the home screen of dying light... it says 0 safe houses... and 56 quests. It also shows 9 quarantine zones (but i got the achievement for that).

Another thing of note.. is after this i debated whether i should even waste time doing the collectibles. I checked the math and having 37/67 of the collectibles... it only showed 40%. So the math didnt add up. But i still continued hoping things would change. I slowly watched it start to increase (COOL! maybe this one isnt bugged!). I get a voice recorder and check again... it dropped from 55% to 35%.... But when i go into my collectibles... all of the ones i got are still there.

Anyways figured i would just air out my issues. From someone who just recently bought the game. 

Are you saying i should not create a New Game Plus and try to do these again? that in fact once this patch comes out... these 3 achievements will automatically pop for me?

thank you for your time

Dude i literally dont get this game.. first off The writing on the wall achievement is also glitched for me. Realized that after collecting them all last night and its still at 67%

But today im going around climbing buildings and kicking zombies off roofs.. I had them both over 80% and now, out of no where they are back down to like 37%.

What the heck is going on with this chupacabra.

Hey guys,

Thank you guys. It means a lot that you take this issue serious. I remember a game from ***soft had trophy bugs too and all they literally said was "Trophies are not a part of the game experience blah blah it's a bonus blah blah". That honestly disappointed me that much that it made me not buy any of their games anymore.  So yeah Thanks again, it's really appreciated.

Hi, just adding my own two cents... My friend and I played start to finish co-op, xbox one, both digital downloads. Every single quest, all safe houses, storyline, etc. we completed together. For my quests it says I have conpleted 70 and for his quests it says he has only 69. To add on to this mystery he received both achievements: The Whole Story and Now It's Safe. Whereas I have not. I really hope this next patch fixes these achievement issues. Thanks for putting together this poll and information!

I also did not get, "A game of catch " or " Blinded by the light " both say " Done ! Unlocking... " for 3 days now.

But I had no problem at all with " Now It's Safe " that popped as soon as I cleared out the last safe-house in Old Town.

Edited by Lunarautumn

Just a quick heads up. I got "The Whole Story" today.  I was playing some coop with friends and after my 80th mission i thought the coop trophy trophy was popping but it was actually The Whole Story. Now i only need the collectors stuff and the challenges.

Just a quick heads up. I got "The Whole Story" today.  I was playing some coop with friends and after my 80th mission i thought the coop trophy trophy was popping but it was actually The Whole Story. Now i only need the collectors stuff and the challenges.

I got over 230 still bugged 3rd playthrough too. I stopped playing and deleted digital. Game never worked coop what a mess boring solo and loot content was sad.