Trophy and Achievement Glitches  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

Dear Techland,

several trophies (PS4) and achievements (Xbox One) are glitched. I have compiled a list down below. There are also complaints about this on other trophy and achievement forums.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dying-light/258293-glitched-trophies.html

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613514

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23916-the-whole-story-side-quest-trophy-potential-issue/

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23936-trespassing-trophy-issue/

The glitches appear to be completely random. The trophies unlock for some people, but not for others. I have asked around and looked at forum posts and this happens on both the digital and the disc version (EU and USA). I also asked people whether they touched co-op or not. It doesn't seem to make any difference. A friend of mine did everything in single player without ever activating the online mode and has some trophy glitches too (but he got the trophy for all text collectibles).

The saddest part of all, however, is that the platinum trophy (or 1000 Gamerscore) is currently unobtainable (*Patch 1.02 -- Feb 02, 2015) because the side quest trophy does not unlock for anyone.

It's All In the Writing
Find all text collectibles
>Glitched for 90% of players. Almost nobody - me included - got this trophy after finding the 67 text collectibles in the game (34 notes, 17 Battle Journals, 16 Voice Mails). Others got it just fine. I tested it with some old save game backups and collected the last couple of things again, but no trophy every time. It doesn't seem to matter what collectible you pick last. One time I picked up a note last, another time a voice mail. No trophy.

Trespassing
Complete all Quarantine Zones
>Glitched for 75% of players. A lot of complaints about this one too. Doesn't unlock for most people, others get it just fine (worked for me, did all of them solo).

Now It's Safe
Capture all Safe Zones
>Glitched for 30% of players. For most people this works fine, but there are a number of reports that this doesn't unlock.

Homo Homini Lupus Est
Save 15 survivors from Rais's men
>Glitched for 90% of players. But most of them got it after freeing a couple more men (21 or so in total). So this one can unlock, it just doesn't unlock at 15 for anyone.

This is Harraaaaan!
Kill 100 enemies by kicking them off the rooftops/cliffs.

>Not completely sure about this one. It seems to unlock eventually, but for some people doesn't unlock after 100. If you keep kicking more zombies off rooftops/cliffs it should unlock eventually.

Pheidippides
Run (move or sprint) at least 42.195 m

>Glitched for 10% of players, but it should unlock eventually. There are players who have 50km+ in their statistics, but haven't earned the trophy yet.

The Whole Story
Finish all side quests.
>Glitched for 100% of players. Currently unobtainable. Because of this the platinum trophy (or 1000 Gamerscore) is not possible at this time. There are several people who have 100% in-game completion, but no trophy popped.

Please fix these issues as soon as possible and let us know if there are any workarounds for this. You fixed the "There and Back Again" trophy in the first Dead Island with patch 1.04, so I am sure you guys can figure this out too :)

If you are one of the unlucky ones with a glitched trophy / achievement, please leave a post in this thread and participate in the poll above. The more feedback we have, the easier it will be for the developers to locate the problem and the sooner we may get a patch for this.

Edited by PowerPyx

I have a question about the "a game of catch" achievement because I have gotten many throwing weapons kills I have about 38 for a while and then I started to try and get it and it has not moved i have done it all throwing my melee weapons, throwing stars, and molotovs. It also says molotovs are throwing weapons so is this a glitch because those are all technically throwing weapons.

And could you please, Techland, address the glitched achievements on the PC too while you're at it? That'd be nice. I'd like to 100% the achievements for this game but currently cannot because of half the ones listed above.

I was playing co-op the entire time when the Side Quests, Safe Zones, and Quarantines glitched. Me and my one friend did not get the trophies for the Safe Zones and Quarantine Zones while our other friend did and all 3  of us were playing together through them all. As for the Side Quests they glitched on all 3 of us. We haven't done the collectibles yet because we read that they are also glitchy as well. My one friend is also on his 20+ saving of the Survivors from Rais' men, but the trophy still hasn't popped for him. Please fix all these glitched/buggy trophies Techland

PowerPyx, someone said that "Now It's Safe" worked for him when tried it on NG+.

He played the story mode until he can access Old Town and captured all the safe houses in one sitting.

This guy?

Doing all of it in one sitting may help indeed. The statistics are messed up too. For some people it says they have 0 safe zones and 0 quarantine zones, despite doing all of them. I have the same problem, says 0 for both, but at least I got the trophies for these two.

I have a question about the "a game of catch" achievement because I have gotten many throwing weapons kills I have about 38 for a while and then I started to try and get it and it has not moved i have done it all throwing my melee weapons, throwing stars, and molotovs. It also says molotovs are throwing weapons so is this a glitch because those are all technically throwing weapons.

You have to use throwing knives / throwing stars / throwing axes for this one. The throwing stars with elemental effects (exploding, freezing, burning) also count.
Throwing melee weapons with the "throw" skill doesn't count. Molotovs or grenades don't count either. Don't think this one is glitched, the achievement description is just a little vague.

And could you please, Techland, address the glitched achievements on the PC too while you're at it? That'd be nice. I'd like to 100% the achievements for this game but currently cannot because of half the ones listed above.

I didn't even realize the PC achievements were glitched too  :o

So the exact same achievements are glitched on PC?

On another note, the trophy descriptions for the German trophy list have not been translated correctly. The trophy bugs there are the same of course, but the number requirements for reaching certain ranks (survivor/agility/power) are completely wrong and the description for all text collectibles is wrong and highly misleading. So maybe fix the official German trophy descriptions, too.

There are also some more trophies that are glitched. It took me like 30+ wrench kills to get the Italian Plumber trophy, but I finally got the Homo Homini Lupus Est after like 25 or so, but Safe Zones, Quarenten Zones, Side Quests, and Collectibles are all still glitched for me.

Kinda annoyed......... Finished this AWESOME game on the 31/01/2015, noticed THE WHOLE STORY and NOW ITS SAFE trophy was still locked, spent until now running around the map to see if there's any hidden safe zones which may hold missions and.......... NOPE.

Decided to use the collectable guides on YouTube to find all collectables so I could get the ITS ALL IN THE WRITING trophy, spent at least three hours running around the game and got the final 67th collectable........ And no trophy.

I absolutely love this game BUT I don't fancy starting it again to try and get these trophy's, I remember having an online session and finding collectables and doing safe zones on another persons game, maybe that's why these trophy's have glitches out

This guy?

Doing all of it in one sitting may help indeed. The statistics are messed up too. For some people it says they have 0 safe zones and 0 quarantine zones, despite doing all of them. I have the same problem, says 0 for both, but at least I got the trophies for these two.

Yeah, I tried it and it worked, at least for the safe houses trophy.

I'll try to continue from that save file tomorrow and try to get the text collectibles trophy in single player mode.

I'd suggest everyone who didn't get the Now It's Safe trophy to do the same if you're already done with the story.

> Backup your save file

> Start a New Game+

> Play the story quests until you get to Old Town (that's about 48% story progress)

> Capture every red house icon in Old Town (you don't have to worry about the hidden ones or the ones that can be unlocked on a side quest)

> Teleport back to the Slums and capture every red house icon you can see on your map and the trophy should pop out.

The catch is you have to do all of that in one sitting, just do a speed run in short.

Once you got the trophy, you can try to get the rest of the glitched trophies on that same game or you can just reload your backup save file and wait for a patch.

Edited by ipot_04

I can't unlock "Bittersweet" (complete the story) achievement it says I have 100% but the game will not give me the achievement I tried redoing the last mission and it still didn't work. I also hard reset my xbox

People, and especially PowerPyx, thank you so much for reporting those glitches. The Poll is a very nice touch as well, and very useful. 

I have gathered this list and sent it to our devs to look into this. It seems that it's happening to a few of our achievements, so let's take a look into it.

People, and especially PowerPyx, thank you so much for reporting those glitches. The Poll is a very nice touch as well, and very useful. 

I have gathered this list and sent it to our devs to look into this. It seems that it's happening to a few of our achievements, so let's take a look into it.

Thanks Michał, that's great news :)

im getting a glitch for the italian plumber. i have done the requirement countless times to no award... this game is driving me insane with its glitches. first i have no access to the ultimate edition DLC now your messing with my achievements. smh 😠

Edited by serious_zombie

I looked over the list that playstationtrophies.org had for The Whole Story trophy, missed like 6 side quests, got them. No trophy popped to give me my platinum, I re looked over the list, have all quests. I played cooperative with friends and did solo. 

PS4 - Disc - North America 

I did notice my % for both Story & Completion.

STORY: 100%

COMPLETION: 90%

Edited by DevilsThunder

I jumped off the top of the bridge at night and didn't get the achievement. And I mean from on top of the pylon. I did find the other thing there, but no achievement for doing it. (Trying not to spoil in case anyone doesn't know.)

On XBox One.

EDIT: It worked now. Have the achievement.

Edited by Grimbriar

I received "It's all in the writing" on the PS4 Digital NA by playing the game twice in two separate files.  One save had 34/67, and the other had 33/67, and it unlocked the trophy, as the total between the two files was 67/67.  A convenient glitch, I guess.

Only trophy left is the side quest one, which has glitched on me twice already.  PLEASE make it register upon reading a 100% file - do not force your player base to replay the game multiple times because of these glitches!

Thank you.  Beyond these glitches, it's easily one of the best games out at the moment.  Keep it up :D

Edited by Shuklar