Sign in to follow this  
HaNYolO

Regarding The Damage System.

Heya!

I was wondering if the game would have a more detailed, and advanced layered damage system, like we were able to experience in the Dead Island Series. (Not Epidemic.)

Are we going to see different layer strenghts on different enemies, or it will it be the same for each enemy, with added health for the special infected?

I'm a really big fan of realism regarding human capabilities, so i was wondering if you could increase your strength by practing certain moves, and eventually being able to crush or pierce the enemy with greater strength (but still with realistic proportions.) 

Feel free to add anything.

I may be the only one that feels this way, but avoiding the infected looks to be a huge part of Dying Light.  I hope if attacked, that we the human players don't take a lot to die.  I love playing games that aren't "too easy" and a challenge.  If bitten once or twice, I feel as though maybe life could slowly be drained?  

I may be the only one that feels this way, but avoiding the infected looks to be a huge part of Dying Light.  I hope if attacked, that we the human players don't take a lot to die.  I love playing games that aren't "too easy" and a challenge.  If bitten once or twice, I feel as though maybe life could slowly be drained?  

That would suck a little.. specialy for melee making it like that would make most player only want to use guns.

That would suck a little.. especially for melee making it like that would make most player only want to use guns.

Guns have never been a big part of Techs games though.  Well at least not in DI.  I know this isn't DI but I feel as though the game gets too repetitive when you can't really die!  

That would suck a little.. especially for melee making it like that would make most player only want to use guns.

Guns have never been a big part of Techs games though.  Well at least not in DI.  I know this isn't DI but I feel as though the game gets too repetitive when you can't really die!  

the amount of zombies can fix that problem;) removing healing while in combat could too. additional effect after been hit or bite could too, dizziness, blurry screen due to blood in the eyes ect..

the amount of zombies can fix that problem;) removing healing while in combat could too. additional effect after been hit or bite could too, dizziness, blurry screen due to blood in the eyes ect..

All very awesome points!   I never understood those games that heal you over time.  

I also agree that it'd be nice to see blurring, blood on the screen and such things in combat - makes the game more immerse.

There are couple ways to explain how can you stay sane after being bitten by a zombie, so I think it will be smoothly put into the story.

The one thing that I think would be cool would be if killing zombies would get blood on your clothes and then the more you kill the more blood on your clothes so that you start smelling like a zombie. This then can help at night so that the virals or hunters can't sense you as easily at night but then you have a zombie in the day that can sense you easily if you have a lot of blood on you so then you have a conflict between being caught in the day or being caught at night.

Also the blood on the screen is a good idea.

The one thing that I think would be cool would be if killing zombies would get blood on your clothes and then the more you kill the more blood on your clothes so that you start smelling like a zombie. This then can help at night so that the virals or hunters can't sense you as easily at night but then you have a zombie in the day that can sense you easily if you have a lot of blood on you so then you have a conflict between being caught in the day or being caught at night.

Also the blood on the screen is a good idea.

Wouldn't that render the free-movement useless? 

Running away would be hardly an option if you can simply nullify your presence by killing stuff. :3

I might be mistaken, but please do inform me if that is the case.

Wouldn't that render the free-movement useless? 

Running away would be hardly an option if you can simply nullify your presence by killing stuff. :3

I might be mistaken, but please do inform me if that is the case.

Oh sorry, what I meant was that the blood doesn't make you look like one you just smell like one, so then at night if they see you they will still run after you but you just have to be slightly closer to be detected. They can't sense you from as far away than when you have hardly any blood on you.

Oh sorry, what I meant was that the blood doesn't make you look like one you just smell like one, so then at night if they see you they will still run after you but you just have to be slightly closer to be detected. They can't sense you from as far away than when you have hardly any blood on you.

That could work, but we don't really know how these zombies work.

Are they attracted to smells, sounds, can they seem or is it any of the those 3 mixed?

Perhaps an official could help us out a bit here. :P

That could work, but we don't really know how these zombies work.

Are they attracted to smells, sounds, can they seem or is it any of the those 3 mixed?

Perhaps an official could help us out a bit here. :P

Officials could you possibly confirm how the zombies work: Sight, Smell

We already know about sound.