Sign in to follow this  
Potato_Bean

Game Questions And My Opinions On Different Topics

I have a few different things I would like to cover so instead of making a bunch of different threads (I just created this account) I'll lump them together here. Let's get started.

QUESTIONS

1. I have a police rifle that is 255 firepower. I do not know how or where I got it, but since then I have only been able to find a rifle with a maximum of 184 firepower (aside from rais's gun). I've had it for quite a while now and its what I use because I'm assuming firepower is related to damage. I would like to know if anyone else has found a gun like this.

2. I met a guy yesterday who claims his shotgun was shooting dragons breath rounds. I would like to know if this is possible, because I have seen some people with weird contraptions that I'm unfamiliar with.

3. What is the best way to acquire household supplies? I have tons of every supply except household supplies. I'm running low on them and I really need some to make flares (a good idea would be for techland to add them to supply drops in multiplayer) in case a night hunter joins.

OPINIONS

1. I've read a few topics about the "be the zombie" mode, and a lot of people are asking far too much in terms of nerfing and buffing. Some people were asking for 20 second delays before the UV light starts recharging. Others were asking for the UV light range to be reduced to around 10 feet. Put yourselves in the shoes of the humans (as I have been, dozens of times) and you will see how ridiculous this is. I was not aware that survivor sense would locate the hunter until I read about it on here, and I will admit that it is a little unbalanced. I personally never used it when being hunted and it made it a lot more intense. You rely on sound and sight more than looking at the radar. In my opinion, survivor sense should be removed when a hunter joins. There is no use for survivor sense in the mode anyways.

Others were also asking for there to be double the amount of zombies and that there should be volatiles. You're asking far too much. Since I never used survivor sense, I was always on edge, and I was always paying attention to everything around me. Adding more zombies would make it far too easy for the hunter because the humans would always be distracted, and would have absolutely no chance of locating the hunter when they're surrounded (granted they remove survivor sense while the hunter is present). I think survivor sense needs to go, otherwise it is perfectly balanced.

2. Hunters who join lobbies with one player... please stop. In a 1v1 the hunter almost always wins, so I will always leave. If you join with 2-4 people in the lobby, then have it. I enjoy the mode, but it's very annoying when you join a lobby with one person just to get easy points.

3. People who hide in safe houses when a hunter joins. I'm sorry, but you need to grow a pair. It's just a game. People are actually scared to go outside when a hunter joins. It's sad.

4. This isn't so much of an opinion as it is a PSA. STOP RUNNING TO SAFE HOUSES AT NIGHT. By that I mean people who are so scared that they want to wait until morning because they're too scared to go out. You can get huge amounts of survivor points (the most I've gotten is 25k) for surviving the night without sleeping. All you have to do is set up shop on a roof. You can even be within reach of a safe house if you really need to in case you get overrun. I can single handedly survive the entire night using guns and all, I'm sure you can too.

Those are some of my questions and opinions regarding the game. The questions I would like answers for, the opinions are there just for you to read. Answers appreciated.

Edited by Potato_Bean

1. Every gun I get regardless of rarity have the same stats, the military rifle I think doing 137 damage and the police rifle doing 184, haven't found the 255 rifle you mention, but I have heard someone else mention it as well.

2.I haven't seen any gun blueprints yet, but I would think it would be possible? Maybe if someone here has the strategy guide, they could kindly tell us about these things.

3.Flares do drop in the crates, if they didn't I basically wouldn't have any because I cant find household supplies either.

And as for people camping in the safe houses, like seriously whats the point? They waste like 15-20 minutes of everyone's time, until ultimately the hunter gets the win for "survivor's cowering in fear". Why not just turn off the invasion if you're gonna do that, it takes like 3 seconds to do.

The only household supplies I've found have been in random crates throughout the city. Even my scouts in the companion app have been rare in bringing those to me. I usually find them in locked chests, but don't quote me on that, because I could not be far enough in the game for those to become common. 

I am horrible at any sort of pvp, so I have invasions turned off anyway. I want people to have their fun at whatever type of game they enjoy, but that includes me not having fun over the constant threat of an invasion, because I would be no challenge whatsoever to the invader. Maybe if we get a map editor I could make a map that would be challenging for both hunter and hunted, but in short-term real time strategy? Yeah, a rabid squirrel stands a better chance against you than I do! ;)

That's why I can tell you the entire lore of the Warhammer and Warhammer 40K universe, but you'd never see me fielding an army. 

I've always meant to get into the Warhammer and 40k lore, it seems pretty interesting.

I usually leave invasion off too, its just annoying because I basically only play at night for the extra XP and I will literally get spammed with invasions, they come right after one another. The night doesn't end because they are back to back and I basically just stockpile the hunter glands at that point.

I was really bad at the night hunter mode at first, but after a few wins or even losses you get skill points to use for some pretty sick upgrades and then its really fun to play.

1. The first police rifle I found was on the guy in the gas station safe house during the Rais quest where you're redirected to pick up a note (folder?) ... 283 damage. I later (Old Town) finally found some other rifles and it apparently ran an inventory check and lowered the damage on the one I'd had (it's like 170something now). My thought is a patch came through to rebalance the firearms... I haven't seen one anywhere near that damage since (though I have 3 melee weapons with over 2k damage... seems a bit weird).

2. He probably modded his bullet graphic... it's been known to happen. Within the base game I've not seen anything like this.

3. Household supplies: go to the Slums and just run through buildings. I find the most in wicker baskets and the bottom of closets.

OPINIONS

1. As i've put about 20 hours into Invasion modes (both sides) I can honestly say the current balance is FAR in favor of players. I wouldn't go so far as to remove survivor sense or adding volatiles but having more wandering zombies or at least a few Virals (at least when they blow something up or use guns) makes sense to me. As a human I would encourage more basic zombies as it would give me more chances for camo... as a hunter I feel they should either greatly reduce the cooldown on spits (and remove the infinite spit glitch) or nerf the flares (including Zaids). I liked the idea of the effect tapering off after 10 feet - you could still hit them at 500 yards (probable exaggeration) but the effect would be so low all it would do is prevent a pounce on an ally. Currently I only spit glitch against people who are spamming flares just so that I can keep it as close as possible to it's intended balance... Having said that I accused the last group I was playing with to be duping bullets (CONSTANT military rifle spam) and flares (they were dropping between 15 and 20 flares EACH between the hive zones) to which they replied "We don't have infinite - I only have 9000"... so yeah... there's that.

2. If you have a game capable for me to join I will join. Simple as that. YOU have left the game open so YOU apparently don't mind being invaded. if it's 1v1 I've seen the match go both ways... a good human will ALWAYS beat an equally skilled or less Night Hunter. Having more players actually makes it EASIER for the hunter as he is provided with multiple targets... assuming they aren't duping or taking turns using dropkick which is just wrong on it's own.

3. I love it when people hide in the safe houses. Kill / scare their friends, then rush in and get a free kill in the zone. As long as you aren't giving away free hives it's a solid way to take care of it. I've even killed people next to the elevator in the tower: run in, jump up the ledge, as soon as you get arund the corner spam pounce. As it's a "Safe Zone" THEY have no attacks. and the UV in these zone's only hurt your health - not your energy... free kill (and a spit reset if you're out of spittle at the time).

4. I remind them that time doesn't pass while the invasion is happening (not actually sure if that's true, but I'm fairly certain) and if they continue to refuse I just go in and kill them in the safe zone they're hiding in. They have some really funny reactions...