Question

Please help if possible. I have Comcast business class internet, fast speed, wired connection to my ps4. I am experiencing the following problems: random disconnects that will say I've lost connection to the psn server (when I'm still connected) and with dying light. This happens in COOP as well as single player. I am not getting the error message that I see others reporting. If I am playing mp it will DC the connection and then I can immediately invite the person back. I have called Comcast repeatedly, they sent techs out yesterday and assure me that everything looks good on their end, I'm just not sure. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I have also started having some issues with dcing on EA servers during the past couple of weeks. Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated. ^−^

1 answer to this question

well first off, comcast is a horrible horrible horrible company.  i would have no doubt that the comcast techs lied to you just cause thats what comcast does.

if your having this same issue in other games i would look into adding your ps4 to the DMZ on your router.
and it would be helpful to know what type of NAT your ps4 is claiming you have when you set up the connection. if you have type 3 NAT that may cause some of those DC errors.

also of note, comcast often lies about what offers they are giving you or what speeds they give you.  they offered me their fastest internet package and neglected to tell me that my area didnt support those speeds but charged me for them anyways.  not to mention how they overcharged me every single month and illegally shut off my phone/cable/internet without notification for charges i didnt owe them.
so you might wanna verify that you are actually getting the speeds that your paying for with a site such as speedtest.net

Edited by Shadow15151