NeoStaticZ

"night Hunter" Don't Make Me Laugh...

The night hunter is extremely underpowered , the human's UV light is just insane , the range is stupid and the hunter's energy drains far too quickly , if you go against a high leveled human , as soon as your energy is gone you're already dead

i thought the hunter had the advantage at first but this is just silly.

You know you can get skill-points to upgrade the hunter right?  When groups are using the UV on me I usually air-ground pound, UV shield, and then use the UV cancelling spit. Energy being gone doesn't mean you die, especially if you make use of the ground pound, spits, or tackle. I went on a 20+ win streak last night, if you play smart the hunter does exactly what its supposed to.

The only problem with the Ground Slam, is its knockback is a joke. Most times you'll ground pound, and by the time you've recovered, they're already back on top of you (given they're aggressive players). Spits are almost useless unless you stick them, or they don't know about the dodge skill. Most players simply keep their distance until your energy is drained, they are enabled to do so due to the extreme range on the UV Light. UV Block is close to useless unless the duration skill is unlocked, without it you get nowhere close to out of the UV range before it's over. Almost all of the Night Hunters abilities are rendered pointless on groups who know what they're doing.

In a 1v1 situation, given fair circumstances, the Night Hunter is perfectly balanced. Throw in 1 or 2 more survivors, and the tide turns exponentially. If one watches behind/UV, and the other watches forward/Flare, there's almost no winning. Sure, there is Tackle, but it can be countered by jumping, or draining the Hunters energy completely. Punching is also pitiful. Almost no use besides killing KO'd players faster.

For a zombie that is supposed to be a feared creature of the night, it really isn't all that scary, just an annoyance really.

The spits are AOE? They tag anybody in the radius, you don't have to stick anyone if you aim them correctly. The upgraded knock-back throws them about 15-20 ft, easily enough time to plan something, and like you said if they're aggressive and run back at you, that's a perfect time to use a spit in between them and you so when they run forward they get tagged. Tackle can be countered, but if it is you fly underneath them at least 10-15 ft that's easily far enough to once again, PLAN SOMETHING

And people who are very cooperative, are gonna be hard to kill, that's the point. But there's always something you can do to pick someone off.

If you're doing something and its continuously not working, maybe try something different

You don't fly undearneath them that far after a tackle. The second you turn around they're on you, and if you try to run away instead of turning around you'll be lucky to make it out with half your energy (although I think you can cancel the recovery with a UV block, not sure but it seems like I've done it before). If you had that big of an advantage after a missed tackle then what would be the point of dodging it the first place? Why not just spam tackle every time they're on the ground?

Tackling from the front is always a bad idea unless they are being held in place by a zombie. It's much more beneficial to tackle from behind as they can't dodge it and you can initiate the tackle from pretty far away. Too bad though they're almost always looking directly at you and there's never a chance to get them in the back.

Also there is nothing you can do against four players who are completely in sync. UV flashlights, flares, guns, camouflage, grapple hooks and nest placements that favor the survivors make it neigh impossible to pick anyone off in the group. The only way you'll get them separated is if someone runs off to the next nest while the other three are hunting you down trying to kill you and take advantage of the massive respawn time.

Edited by jcks

You can cancel the recovery with a UV shield, and if you're smart you would have the second one too just in case. But honestly this just sounds like a L2P issue on your part, "The second you turn around they're on you" then that's a second you have to do something instead of standing there and dying. Theres literally a hint on the loading screen that says Timing is key"

And tackling from the fronts not always bad, again what if you were to spit and tackle even if they dodge you, bam incoming horde because you held them in place, even if you die they have been kept off the objective for a few more seconds.

Listen all these "impossibleissues, i'm not having them. Im doing things that work for me, not blaming the game cause im bad and cant adapt. And in the start I really was bad. I hated the Zombie mode cause I was dying so much, after a 36 win streak up until one match ago. Ive had games where they could literally one-shot me with one swing, not even a power attack either.I love this game-type now.

It reminds me of when I played Farcry Instincts: Predator. Which this gametype/style is basically no different from that one.

Hey Valeera,

Im finding it very hard to believe you dont having the issues alot of us are complaining about.

Post a video where you show us how easy you can overcome these issues and unbalanced gameplay that many of us are struggling with.

*Awaits video to prove us wrong.

You have to utilize the skills correctly. You have uv shield and bombers. There was a lvl 17 guy that almost ended our 20+ win streak. Today my group pwned a lvl 20 and 24 like they were a level 10 hunter. The guy at lvl 17 was streaming. I had to carry my team the whole time, especially at the end. That game was incredibly close. My group was attacking the last nest and I was 1 second late on getting there. I was raging and saying "guys ur letting him kill you, come on". My whole team died 1 by 1. He needed to kill me to win the match. I canceled his pounce twice, lol (he was so freaking close to landing both of them too). Then I was having trouble kiling him, but my team backed me up and killed him for me. After that game we won about 10 more times and went to bed. Earlier today we won about another 15 in a row, but most of them were level 1 hunters complaining about how underpowered the hunter is, and every time, I replied, "LOL ur lvl 1". I'm  a dead island hardcore fan. I played l4d with the competitive community. I played evolve. I just have to say it looks fine by me. The level 24 hunter was really good at maneuvering. On my radar he was in front of me, then in 1 second he got behind me and pounced  up close. One time, I watched as he glided in front me and realized how fast he was moving compared to other hunters we fought. I seen ppl rage hard in pc games, and I have seen others who r really good at a game and don't even rage at all. None of these higher level hunters complained. But every single other hunter did. Also its techlands fault that not many ppl r allowing hunters to join their game. They should've beta tested it, because I believe more ppl r just blocking zombie invasion right now. Instead, techland gave their game away very early to youtube/twitch celebrities. The hardest hunters to kill are the ones that use bombers frequently imo. The bombers can spawn on the freakin roof... and that got me a fair amount of times. Sometimes the bombers can spawn on top of you or in your face. Also today, I noticed that hunters are now killing the person who is incapacitated. No hunter ever did that last night. Seems like people are "learning" how to play hunter.

ive actually had more trouble with 1-2 good players then 3-4 players as more players often start chupacabra up when i get a kill when they start making mistakes it gets easier what annoys me is when my pounce randomly decides not to work

You have to utilize the skills correctly. You have uv shield and bombers. There was a lvl 17 guy that almost ended our 20+ win streak. Today my group pwned a lvl 20 and 24 like they were a level 10 hunter. The guy at lvl 17 was streaming. I had to carry my team the whole time, especially at the end. That game was incredibly close. My group was attacking the last nest and I was 1 second late on getting there. I was raging and saying "guys ur letting him kill you, come on". My whole team died 1 by 1. He needed to kill me to win the match. I canceled his pounce twice, lol (he was so freaking close to landing both of them too). Then I was having trouble kiling him, but my team backed me up and killed him for me. After that game we won about 10 more times and went to bed. Earlier today we won about another 15 in a row, but most of them were level 1 hunters complaining about how underpowered the hunter is, and every time, I replied, "LOL ur lvl 1". I'm  a dead island hardcore fan. I played l4d with the competitive community. I played evolve. I just have to say it looks fine by me. The level 24 hunter was really good at maneuvering. On my radar he was in front of me, then in 1 second he got behind me and pounced  up close. One time, I watched as he glided in front me and realized how fast he was moving compared to other hunters we fought. I seen ppl rage hard in pc games, and I have seen others who r really good at a game and don't even rage at all. None of these higher level hunters complained. But every single other hunter did. Also its techlands fault that not many ppl r allowing hunters to join their game. They should've beta tested it, because I believe more ppl r just blocking zombie invasion right now. Instead, techland gave their game away very early to youtube/twitch celebrities. The hardest hunters to kill are the ones that use bombers frequently imo. The bombers can spawn on the freakin roof... and that got me a fair amount of times. Sometimes the bombers can spawn on top of you or in your face. Also today, I noticed that hunters are now killing the person who is incapacitated. No hunter ever did that last night. Seems like people are "learning" how to play hunter.

if i had the chance i would kill the incapacitated if 3-4 plays but if it was 2 plays i would always leave him incapacitated so i could 1v1 his friend 

i have decimated groups of 3-4 but been destroyed by 1-2 players just by skill difference 

if i hear people chupacabra themselves at the cutscene i know its inexperienced players and i decide to mess with them after getting my 9 kills it actually gives them a chance to learn about the hunters skills

Like seriously these people are complaining like this is absolutely game-breaking, and its not like I never had issues with this, I said in my post above that I hated this game-type because I didnt know how to play. Now im enjoying it fairly well.

Hit and run tactics seem to be working for me.

I have a rotation I use when playing against 3 or more people thats helped me die waaaaay less

air-ground pound>bomber spit>UV shield>UV spit> (if done correctly) pounce>leapfrog everyone so they are all knocked-down> and kill off the first target>run away and pick off spawning guy

if done incorrectly and I lose energy before  the UV spit> I tackle the farthest guy( remember UV shield is on at this point so speed is not reduced) it doesnt matter if he counters it I Bomber spit the ground so it tags him> run

Timing is key, a perfect plan doesnt matter if you cant actually pull it off.

What you guys don't mention is that the Night Hunter can get insta-killed vs end-game survivors. :3 I've experienced this first hand on both sides. (Yes, i've got a high enough Night Hunter level to back it up.) However you look at it. The Night Hunter is under-powered at this moment. And just because you managed to kill a few groups which possibly weren't all that good at the game. You can't imply that the Night Hunter is not UP using this as a reason.

I also like to mention that me and my crew haven't lost to a Night Hunter yet. And this is not to boast, but merely an indication that something is wrong. Though it could've been us just being lucky with getting matched up with inexperienced players. Though my 1000+ damage one handed weapons are just out of place, and it is sad that the Night Hunter doesn't scale up with the amount of players in one game.

Please, do prove me wrong. I'm willing to take on some of you, and see if your tactics actually work. :) (PC)

Edited by HaNYolO

What you guys don't mention is that the Night Hunter can get insta-killed vs end-game survivors. :3 I've experienced this first hand on both sides. (Yes, i've got a high enough Night Hunter level to back it up.) However you look at it. The Night Hunter is under-powered at this moment. And just because you managed to kill a few groups which possibly weren't all that good at the game. You can't imply that the Night Hunter is not UP using this as a reason.

I also like to mention that me and my crew haven't lost to a Night Hunter yet. And this is not to boast, but merely an indication that something is wrong. Though it could've been us just being lucky with getting matched up with inexperienced players. Though my 1000+ damage one handed weapons are just out of place, and it is sad that the Night Hunter doesn't scale up with the amount of players in one game.

Please, do prove me wrong. I'm willing to take on some of you, and see if your tactics actually work. :) (PC)

i agree they are underpowered when 1-2 people are more dangerous then 3-4 i win easier against more players since they make alot more mistakes then 1-2

Lol I did say that I was getting one-shotted on a post above, my Katana does somewhere around 1500 damage, I think someone else posted a pic where there's was like 2500?

But losing against a coordinated team doesnt mean you're bad/UP, just like winning against an uncoordinated team doesnt mean you are good/OP

However if you do continuously get 4x as more kills as you do deaths, then I think you are doing something right, even if you're not winning every match.

The games im finding the hardest to play now are 1v1's where the people know there isnt someone watching their back and they take things slowly and cautiously...I think these people are adapting and playing smart.

I dont think the hunters UP, this game is still really new and having around 25-30 people complain that the hunter is UP is by no means a measure that it actually is, however I do think in the time to come, you will be surprised by how much people will have actually mastered it.

i gotta say night hunter is underpowered only at the beginning,  im a level 12 night hunter now with the spit tree filled completly and a few other good skills.
i have won my last 7 night hunter matches without any issues, 1v1, 1v2,1v3, 1v4, doesnt matter.
just gotta know how to use your skills, in a recent match i had all 4 players grouped up and scared after i was wrecking them with spits and pounces, they were all hiding in the room on top of the slums school.  as soon as one came out i knocked his chupacabra off the roof, pounced, others jumped at me, i horde spit ground slammed his corpse hitting the remaining 3 players. used UV block and ran away.
all 4 killed, won the match easy.

but when i was level 1-5 or so i was losing in 1v1 matches =/

in closing, level up your night hunter before complaining its underpowered. i can completly overwhelm even a 4 man team

The games im finding the hardest to play now are 1v1's where the people know there isnt someone watching their back and they take things slowly and cautiously...I think these people are adapting and playing smart.

So you admit fighting against these types of players is difficult? How do you explain four players that take things cautiously and slow.

Since I can't observe what you're doing watch my stream from last night and tell me what you think I'm doing wrong.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaxvex/b/619280992

So you admit fighting against these types of players is difficult? How do you explain four players that take things cautiously and slow.

Since I can't observe what you're doing watch my stream from last night and tell me what you think I'm doing wrong.

I just watched the first 15 minutes or so and then skipped around ( you got some pretty nice kills in) but with that first dude, there were several times you got him a little under half health and then ran, or started charging your ground pound and you let him get away and heal.

Im not gonna tell you how to play because, what works for me, might not work for you( which is also elitist and makes me sound like a blt*h/ I swear im not lol), however in 1 of my posts above I do mention a rotation thats helped me, not die usually.

And like you're not gonna win them all, some people are just leagues better! That doesnt mean you're doing something necessarily wrong. Especially if you're fighting a completely coordinated, cautious group. 

Even extremely good plans can hit the fan, see (obviously if you want to lol)  Deathstroke vs The Justice League/ Identity Crisis

this thread is amazing i cant even get to play as the zombie :/ xbox one 

Lol why is it amazing? Im on the Xbox One as well, why cant you play it?

I gotta say, the Night hunter is pretty damn strong and can pick people off pretty easy. Issue you need to reach high enough lvl to use all your skills, or atleast most of them. There are some bugs with the night atm and I gotta say, they deeply annoy me but new game, so can't be too mad about it

A great example of getting four people in one go, I didn't film it so you'll have to believe me here.

buy your time and wait til they are all huddled together in one nice group, tag the middle one with a anti UV light spit and then Tendril your way right above them and ground smash, by the time you hit the ground the spit would've went off and you can split their group up. Follow this up by tackling someone the moment they get up and pounce them and leap frog to someone else then leave a zombie horde spit between them and UV shield your way up to a rooftop. Once up turn around and go for whoever is in the back with pounce and leap frog onto the last guy, from there, you've got all four down almost instantly. Also, if you want to be an chupacabra like myself, you can start picking them off one by one as they spawn

Learning how to properly combo and wait til you have a opening is pretty much all you have, sadly, I know most people don't have many of the skills yet and I know the pain of not having enough skills to do anything, maybe you'll get lucky and find and afk to get a few free lvls. I've already maxed my Night Hunter and he can steam roll people but he himself can still be steam rolled, I've come across groups with enough smarts to be able to chupacabra over every way and form I have at attacking them.

Funny thing is the humans can see you through walls which makes no sense in a 1v3.... The humans should only be able to hear him move around. But multiplayer player vs player is a joke anyway.

Funny thing is the humans can see you through walls which makes no sense in a 1v3.... The humans should only be able to hear him move around. But multiplayer player vs player is a joke anyway.

Valeera...you on PS4? You seem like you would be fun to play against. My group has massacred every Invader put against us since level 9(we are all maxed now except one at Agi 22). Sad fact is some people don't know how to use NH and make excuses about it. For all the skilled out there on PSN my tag is same as here and I can be invaded anytime...swing on by and say hello,lol.

Ugh, everyone complaining about a mode that wasn't even supposed to be in the game and was originally only offered to pre-orderers. I wreck kids as my night hunter constantly. My roommate has no trouble either. Valeera knows their stuff. If you play properly and not like a jag off its easy to decimate players online. Don't complain that the zombie is too weak when its really the player. Seriously If you don't like it, don't play it and let everyone else have a good time.

Valeera...you on PS4? You seem like you would be fun to play against. My group has massacred every Invader put against us since level 9(we are all maxed now except one at Agi 22). Sad fact is some people don't know how to use NH and make excuses about it. For all the skilled out there on PSN my tag is same as here and I can be invaded anytime...swing on by and say hello,lol.

Challenge accepted.

2 days ago I would disegree with Valeera and said that stalker is UP and needs a lot of changes. Today I agree with him. Why - because im fully upgraded, comfortable with using my skills and more experienced. It takes some time to get to this point guys so just keep playing :). From yesterday I`ve  won about 4 matches against full human team. There is matchmaking system so I assume there werent the noobs. All UV torches and some flares, playing close to each other. Very rewarding :). There is still a room for improvement for sure. Funny think now is that 1v1 gives me more problems sometimes then 2-4 players. My style - become a tool of terror. Always attack and dont let them push you to defence. Be always on their back. It`s funny to see that after a few kills they change their way of playing against hunter. Like they start to respect and fear him. I spam howling like crazy. One said that was scared :). Im gonna keep my special technique for myself but will tell you only that tentacle is not the best weapon:) Well done ground pounding is much more reliable for me.Im not saying that I dont loose. I do. Sometimes to even 1 player. But its only my fault and my mistakes.

Edited by MORD