NeoStaticZ

"night Hunter" Don't Make Me Laugh...

Alternatively, it would be nice Increase the rate of discharge UV Flashlight + reduce speed charging. Charge the flashlight will not start until it is totally discharged. Full charge flashlight 10-20-30-40 seconds (depending on how many survivors of the game).

I forgot to write about a very large range of the flashlight. And of course unlimited flares...

Edited by FarSyber

Excuse my bad english if i write anything wrong but, Huh... , i'm a hunter lvl 41 and i know what i'm talking about : hunter is a poor disabled zombie underpowered ... There is all the problems Techland  must resolve soon: 1  uncrease his power, hunter need to punch 5 times a human to kill him ! Even a armless zombie in map give them more damages...  2  remove that 1 shot skill of humans when a tackles are missed,  3 reduce hunter 's spawn when died , a human can do over 300 meters before spawn, terribly unfair ! 4 disabled flares in invasion specialy explosives flares ... It seems an AC130...  5 hunter 's skills need too much time to regenerate, 30 sec will be better :) and human 's UV flashlights are looks like projectors -_-" reduce that too. And last important point, humans's sense and stealth should be removed too when 3/4 survivors are in game.                                                                          The truth is : if the humans want to hunt the hunter, he cant do anything just get overkilled and wait the end and vs 4 players, that just useless to try, even they're newbies .

Biggest problem with this game mode is Survivor Sense, without it stealth would actually be possible. As of now it is all about speed. If you stop for even a second you die.

I agree the survivor sense does make the game mode a bit annoying, at first I didn't know they could use it and spot me whenever they please but hunters just have to adapt. Would be nice if there was a time limit or something so people didn't just spam it

i gotta say night hunter is underpowered only at the beginning,  im a level 12 night hunter now with the spit tree filled completly and a few other good skills.

i have won my last 7 night hunter matches without any issues, 1v1, 1v2,1v3, 1v4, doesnt matter.

just gotta know how to use your skills, in a recent match i had all 4 players grouped up and scared after i was wrecking them with spits and pounces, they were all hiding in the room on top of the slums school.  as soon as one came out i knocked his chupacabra off the roof, pounced, others jumped at me, i horde spit ground slammed his corpse hitting the remaining 3 players. used UV block and ran away.

all 4 killed, won the match easy.

but when i was level 1-5 or so i was losing in 1v1 matches =/

in closing, level up your night hunter before complaining its underpowered. i can completly overwhelm even a 4 man team

Bring your high end hunter to my world. Ill show you how weak you truely are. I walk around with public and anytime turned on for a reason. Hunters are not to be feared. Only to be hunted.

No changes to "Survivor Sense" "UV light draining" in the next patch.

Rinse and repeat existing tactics for an easy win against the Night Hunter.

Also Use Molotov's as even with the nest Buff. They will still cause progressive damage due to the flames.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

"air-ground pound>bomber spit>UV shield>UV spit> (if done correctly) pounce>leapfrog everyone so they are all knocked-down> and kill off the first target>run away and pick off spawning guy

if done incorrectly and I lose energy before  the UV spit> I tackle the farthest guy( remember UV shield is on at this point so speed is not reduced) it doesnt matter if he counters it I Bomber spit the ground so it tags him> run

Timing is key, a perfect plan doesnt matter if you cant actually pull it off."

you are right its high risk, high reward situation. it all about patience and timing. and a little luck :P

"air-ground pound>bomber spit>UV shield>UV spit> (if done correctly) pounce>leapfrog everyone so they are all knocked-down> and kill off the first target>run away and pick off spawning guy

if done incorrectly and I lose energy before  the UV spit> I tackle the farthest guy( remember UV shield is on at this point so speed is not reduced) it doesnt matter if he counters it I Bomber spit the ground so it tags him> run

Timing is key, a perfect plan doesnt matter if you cant actually pull it off."

you are right its high risk, high reward situation. it all about patience and timing. and a little luck :P

You Attempt to Ground Pound Me, I back or side dodge out the way. And Punish You during Your Recovery.

You Attempt to Tackle Me, I jump over it and DFA You, sending You to the YOU DIED Screen.

The Night Hunter telegraphs His Attacks too much, very predictable when vs Experienced Players.

Edited by Chaos_Deception

I'm pretty sure the flashlight is actually just wired into the survivors brain. I mean, honestly, they just think "UV" and it turns on.
Seriously though, if you pay attention, the flashlight is strapped to the survivors shoulder. I struggle to see how you turn on a flashlight while holding a medieval longsword. Or perhaps a rebar club. WITHOUT even using your hands. 
That's just skill I guess...

Here is everything wrong with BtZ in a few videos:

(00:00 - 17:00) Match Making. Yup that's right folks. Almost 18 minutes of waiting for a match to start where the player doesn't immediately abort. That's half the video.

(18:20 - 18:25) Running in the air? This has messed me up quite a few times when I wasn't expecting it.

(18:44 - 18:48) Survivor UV in mid air. Why, after planning that ground pound and immediately pouncing, do I not get the kill? I pounced immediately next to him and he still had enough time to flash his UV and stop me.

Next Match:

(28:27 -29:15)

1.) Spit cooldown needs to be reduced for two or more players. I landed a perfect UV spit but couldn't capitalize on the kill because of a second player. I only started off with one spit each so there was no way I could have gotten the other one unless I hit them both at the same time which is virturally impossilbe if they're competent players.

2.) notice how much effort I put into killing just one person. I had him against the ropes and nearly dead but because his buddy was there I wasn't able to finish him.

3.) WHERE IS THE GUN PENALTY???

(30:19) Camoflauge isn't the least bit fair in this mode. They can know where I am at all times but I can't track them when they're camoflauged? What kind of hunter am I?

(31:04) All that work and he just healed it all away in 2 seconds. Meanwhile his buddy over there is going to work on my nest.

(32:20) By the time I see him get to my nest it's already too late thanks to OHK. It takes me much longer to kill one survivor than it does for them to one shot my nests.

(33:34 - 33:45) I just got the notification that my nest was under attack and it's already 2/3rds of the way destroyed. By ONE person.

(35:13 - 36:14) After a lengthy exchange with one and then both of them I was left without any abilities. Normally this would be the time to run away but with them being so close to the nest by the time I did get any abilities back they would have one shotted my nest and been half way to the next one. Not to mention they would have used the zombie spawn for camoflauge so I couldn't track them. Night Hunter abilities need a huge reduction in cooldown vs more than one player, either that or OHKs should not be allowed. I was basically forced into a situation where there was nothing I could do.

(1:37) OHK on the zombie is NOT cool. Also notice how much health he lost from that ground pound. He doesn't even need to use a medkit for that. I know the zombie is supposed to be weak up close but this is ridiculous.

(2:00) Ridiculous spawn time AND you spawn far away from the nest. This wouldn't be such a problem if the survivor couldn't OHK the nest.

(2:19) Survivors can dodge tackle very easily but night hunter can't dodge drop kicks? Cool.

(2:22 - 2:26) Spit AOE and exploding time. So you're telling me that didn't hit him? He had time to run away from the spit even after backing himself into a corner.

(2:28) Tackle is evaded far to easily. He had maybe one second at most to react to that tackle and he still dodged it. Also note that this was right after he dodged backwards in an attempt to get away from my UV spit.

(2:30) I am now in a situation where all my abilities have been used and I'm low on health. Even if I did run away the amount of time it would have taken to get my spits and UV block back would have been more than enough for him to destroy my nest and be halfway to the next one.

(2:50 - 3:05) It took him less than 15 seconds to destroy my nest. Not overpowered at all amirite?

(3:27) The UV light was on me for less than 2 seconds and I lost 40% of my energy.

(3:31) The perfect pounce opportunity. Too bad I'm only 10% or so away from actually being able to pounce.

(3:44) Oh I didn't know this mode had zombies other than me. But it's all the way up on the roof where it will never be useful, go figure. And why is it taking me so long to kill it.

(4:35 - 5:12) There were 2 nests on the ground and he still managed to destroy them with four zombies chasing him. The horde is useless.

(6:28 - 6:40) HOW IS HE NOT DEAD YET?!

(6:55) Does fall damage even exist?

(2:19 - 2:57) Ground pound and tackle don't do enough damage. Also survivors heal way too quickly. He shouldn't have time to heal if I'm right in front of him.

(9:35, 14:50 - 14:56) Survivor sense is dumb.

Next match:

(22:03 - 22:20, 24:56 - 26:00) There is no penalty for firing a gun. NONE.

(24:37)

> less than one second to react upon landing from a jump

> still dodges tackle

(26:07) He's still alive....?

(26:52) Survivor sense is seriously dumb.

(28:47) Where was he when my nest was getting destroyed? Oh yeah up here being useless.

(29:34) What was that?! He blew my nest away!

(33:38 - 33:44) Spit AOE needs a HUGE upgrade if that didn't hit him.

(33:12 - 33:20) UV light recharged faster than my energy. NERF THE UV LIGHT.

(34:42 - 34:50) He wasn't even swinging at me! Oh and he survived that fall of course. Also since he can just OHK my nest it was over before I even had a chance to respawn.

lawl at 29 minutes, he simply os you, you probaly noticed it

The only problem with the Ground Slam, is its knockback is a joke. Most times you'll ground pound, and by the time you've recovered, they're already back on top of you (given they're aggressive players). Spits are almost useless unless you stick them, or they don't know about the dodge skill. Most players simply keep their distance until your energy is drained, they are enabled to do so due to the extreme range on the UV Light. UV Block is close to useless unless the duration skill is unlocked, without it you get nowhere close to out of the UV range before it's over. Almost all of the Night Hunters abilities are rendered pointless on groups who know what they're doing.

In a 1v1 situation, given fair circumstances, the Night Hunter is perfectly balanced. Throw in 1 or 2 more survivors, and the tide turns exponentially. If one watches behind/UV, and the other watches forward/Flare, there's almost no winning. Sure, there is Tackle, but it can be countered by jumping, or draining the Hunters energy completely. Punching is also pitiful. Almost no use besides killing KO'd players faster.

For a zombie that is supposed to be a feared creature of the night, it really isn't all that scary, just an annoyance really.

you said it all, night hunter, sure against low level players