NeoStaticZ

"night Hunter" Don't Make Me Laugh...

uhh the slums? who goes to the edge of the map to go into the water? all the nests spawn in the middle, every single game i have played so what you got a troll turtle? leave and join another game?

and any vid showing a hunter being one hit by melee, is obviously before the most recent patch. expcalibur use to with a power attack, it does not after the patch which i already stated(and even then, do you realize how hard that is to time? id love to see you try it, with your auto aim pounce.)

1vs1 are near impossible....ok thats why ive lost 2 1on1 matches out of how many games and my dudes not even maxed? really? come on now....they do not need buffs 1on1 give me a break. 3 or 4 on 1 yes 1on1? get outta here with that

also the fact you cannot get a game and when you do the person leaves says alot does it not? obbviously the good survivors that have the skills to win are gonna be the ones keeping invasions on, you know...it is an option.....you got low level skill hunters going against high skilled surviors, thats all. again L2P if you play a hunter right you shouldnt get touched

this whole post is pointless anyway one hit kills were already patched, unless your talking about drop attack, which if you allow yourself to ge below a survivor, you deserve it

and am i really reading people trying to complain about Guns? I'm sorry but what? max ammo is what, 120 for assault rifle? for laughs i let my friend empty a clip into me. guess what it didnt even take me to half. that was sittng still....using your locomotion good luck getting shot, again L2P dude why are you sitting still use your tendrils and be untouchable

sure sounds like some less skilled gamers got a taste of winning and want an already op 1on1 class to be even more op, you move 5x faster can practically fly, and can one shot from 25 yards...doesnt it auto aim? and shall i mention leapfrog? auto aim jump from survivor to survivor for insta kills? If pounce gets interrupted uv block tendril out try again.

hell playing my hunter, even if survivors try to turtle inside safe houses, i can survive for a good 5 seconds before dying, and as long as i land pounce, it finishes the kill animation even if im at 0 health...getting me a kill....securing a win....like really, this is so offbase

and about the 'pounce interrupt not even facing you' is simply lag. i have had my light in their face the whole time they come dropping from the sky and it still lands, its called lag. that is what happens in a p2p game, if there was dedicated servers this would be alot different.

I could also point out i have been literally pounced through walls multiple times, am i saying thats op? no its lag

Edited by quietusreaper

Who is saying hunters get one shotted? Try not to get slammed into spikes maybe? Only way you get one shotted on a hunter...

I stopped reading after this point. Go watch my videos at the bottom of page 3 and then come back to this discussion when you are more informed about the issue.

Better yet make a video yourself of all the stuff you're claiming and prove every single one of my points wrong.

I'll wait.

Edited by jcks

This was kind of hard to read, so im not sure what all of the points you were trying to get at were.

This thread is not about "look at how many games I've won." We've all stomped people that don't understand how to respond to a decent hunter. I win most of my games as I've stated before. But that doesn't mean that the hunter is not at a disadvantage as several people have stated before. The fact that as a hunter you still rely on your pounce so heavily in a 1v1 tells me you aren't very experienced and haven't played enough good survivors. Like jcks said. If you can figure out how to record, ill wait for your video.

More Players = Less UV light per Player and longer recharge cycles. Thus Encouraging More Team Work.

Firing Gun or Using Explosives, Causes Viral Swarm to Area.

Out of Bound Players who Jump in Deep Water.

Introduce a Timer to add Urgency to the Game. Timer Expires = Hunter Win.

Hunter Health Scales to Survivor & Weapon Level.

@quietusreaper

My guess is that you're coming from a mainly survivor standpoint.

Hunters get OHKd all the time, even post-patch. My Katana does 1874, and takes the NH to 8 HP with one swing. If your 2500 Katana only 3 hits, there's a major problem there. The Heavy Rebar, I've been one shot by it many times post-patch. Not sure if power attack or not, but nonetheless confusing.

Nests, pre-patch they constantly got OHKd by end-game weapons. They still do. I find myself when being invaded, OHKing nests with my Katana. UV to weaken, and power attack. Still the same as pre-patch.

NH is very UP in a 1v1 scenario. If you think not, you clearly haven't gone up against very experienced players yet. I have roughly 32 levels, and 15 hours of NH gameplay to back up my knowledge. I know how to play.

The NH cannot chain-stun the survivor. If the survivor allows themself to be chain-stunned, it is their own fault (also given Ground Slam doesn't charge instantly thus, not enabling constant stun lock). Being chain-stunned can easily be avoided by going to different elevations, or backing away from the fight.

Tackling...The bane of the NHs existance....These are way too underpowered. To think otherwise, is sheer ignorance. they take too long to proform, deal low amounts of damage (equal to a ground slam/punch), and are easily evaded. If a NH manages to Tackle you to death, you may want to rethink your approach.

Spits. You cannot simply tackle a survivor into your spit. For that, you'd have to miss terribly to allow the tackle knockback to hit them into it, or just tackle them to a surface that the spit is stuck to. You cannot Horde spit, and UV spit at the same time, within the relative timeframe, yes. getting both spits on target (unless stuck) proves extremely hard against experienced players. The chances of getting both in 2 seperate Spit Slams are very low as well.

Cooldowns are reduced with more players. The more players, the faster the cooldown is.

The counters are much needed for the NH. Being able to use Tendril Locomotion is useless when you're being drop kicked, or being ariel assassinated. Not to mention these type of things tend to happen when the NH is at low energy, or has none at all, so Tendril Locomotion is either near uselessness, or unavailable completely. Being able to move fast isn't very useful when the entire 'Use this to move fast' option isn't available.

Sneak attacks and evasion are extremely hard due to Survivor Sense. Constantly having an updated position on the NH allows for no surprise attacks. More often than not, the survivors turn around last second to UV and stop the pounce from happening. Evasion is insanely hard against players who drain your energy, and are the 25th rank in survivor. Using a grappling hook 4-5 times before cooldown, and switching to UV to insure no pounce occurs each time.

With experienced players who tend to dodge spits, evade tackles, and interrupt pounces every time they can, going in balls-to-the-wall with Ground Pound, and Punch are the only logical choices as the survivors prevent any other form of damage.

If you're flying in circles around the survivors whom are draining their UV trying to catch you, 1 of 2 things have happened:

1. The player(s) is(are) bad/unknowledgable at(about) how it works

2. The player does not know how to use their UV efficiently.

I played a level 35 NH earlier on Sunday. He had trouble getting 3 kills on me before I reached the last nest. If a level 35 NH can't get 3 kills before I reached the last nest, there's something completely wrong here. I know he isn't bad. You don't get to the 35th NH level by being bad at the game.

Water trolls = 1337 MLG pro players.

There are tons of videos of Hunters being OHKd by survivors. Just look for them.

If you have only lost 2 1v1 matches, 1 of 2 things has happened here as well:

1. You matched against newer players

2. You are decent at NH

9/10 times it'll most likely be option #1 (not saying you're a bad NH, just saying most new players tend to play alone)

Night Hunter needs many buffs to put it on the level of the survivors. Yet again, to say otherwise is sheer ignorance.

Low level NH against high level survivors, happens most of the time. you can't just automatically assume that every high level survivor gets paired with a bad NH though. even the best of the NHs get touched. There will be those games, but for the most part, an average NH WILL die at least once per game.

The drop attack shouldn't hand out kills like it does. Also, are you saying if I Ground Slam a survivor, and he lands on a car then procceeds to drop attack me, that i deserved to die? No. I deserved a kill depending on the play made/planned beforehand.

Guns are extremely unbalanced. You talking about your friend hitting you with an entire mag, means he was either using a pistol, or was a terrible shot. I constantly get shredded, 150 HP to 0 with one magazine from the Military rifle (post patch). The large aim assist doesn't help the situation either. Did I mention that there's no penalty to firing a weapon when being invaded? With the large lack of zombies, firing a weapon comes without penalization. Virals only spawn at nests, assuming you're firing outside of a nest, the shooter's completely fine.

Again, Tendril Locomotion is used very sparingly in combat if the survivor is experienced. If they are, your energy will be drained/close to drain before you can break off, allowing them a kill with a rifle of any sort. pounce is the primary weapon of the NH, and is able to auto aim due to the prompt it requires. It is ranged due to balancing reasons. If a NH is able to pull off a successful pounce from max range and it is not interrupted, the survivor deserves to die. They would have had plenty of time to counter.

Safe houses need to be removed when you get invaded....

I have been pounced through walls. It's due to netcode, hitboxing, and rarely lag. survivors can UV hitbox through certain objects, draining the NHs energy even though they shouldn't be able to.

Think about reasoning and examples before giving ignorant conclusions to things that need attention. There are many examples and experiences opposing your claims.

So what if the night hunter dies once per game? Is the survivor not the one that loses if he dies? NH can die as many times as they want. And if you get dropped to 8 hp it was a power attack, sorry but if you see a guy charging an attack, and charge in that is on you. And are you really complaining about having to charge ground pound? You do realize there is an upgrade that lets you not only charge it while moving (still move faster than survivor btw.) AND and aerial ground pound version? You can easily tendril out of the survivors sense range in seconds, quickly zoom back and aerial ground pound uv spit. OHH and do I even need to talk about the infinite spit every single NH seems to be abusing? Funny how you all asking for buffs, but that has not been mentioned once. Only way I have been one shot after the patch is ground pound or drop attack. Prove these videos are post patch.

You guys want counters, and buffs, and all these buffs when you have been one shotting and dropping an entire group of 4 players (half the game won in seconds). Take away tendrils and move as fast as the survivor, that would be FAIR. I bet more than half of these people asking for buffs to an already op 1on1 class are abusing infinite spit too.

Edited by quietusreaper

Also I can guarantee the only ones saying survivors are OP are the Night Hunters on the PC, because of Hotkeys. The good NH are dominating on consoles 20-30 games in a row. Why? Because for some reason techland decided to make switching between equipment extremely slow on Console. You have to HOLD the dpad to switch, OR cycle through 4 items one at a time. In a game this fast paced, that surely means death. Do not break console survivors to make PC NH stronger. This would literally break the game. On PC you can hotkey equipment so you can very quickly switch between uv light flares and grappling hook, this is not possible on console. Unless Techland wants to update switching equipment to sliding up right down left on the sensor bar on the ps4 controller.

Edited by quietusreaper

@ quietusreaper Sorry but have you played as a NS? You mention some common techniques that work only with less experienced players. As 51 level I think that I`ve seen all scenarios. There is a growing group of survivors that make you sweat to get 2-3 kills. They know all the tricks. They dodge your tackle and to hit them with a spit is really achievement, pounce? forget it - they break out of it in the last moment. They also try to avoid some areas where you could successfully use ground slam techniques. They will kick you and kill on spikes. You cant avoid it. They can avoid it easy. Also what is this "infinite spit every single NH seems to abuse" ? Are you talking about using exploit or you really think that NS can spit that often? If you are talking about an exploit who gave you right to accuse all NS players for using it?

NH is fine... its you versus 4 other players. Techland intended this from the start. One thing I see people fail to mention is that you have to play NH as if you have 4 minds working together. 4 brains is better than 1, right? Maybe that's where the root of your complaints r sourced. As for 1v1, I'm pretty sure techland thought of skills that would allow you accomplish this. You can't play 1v1 like you are playing 1v4. That should have been obvious. Use different skills or methods. -peace.

Edited by element72

Any official news?

This mode isn't unplayable now. Too many high level survivors. They HUNT me...no sense! I'm the HUNTER!

If techalnd doens't fix some big problems of the NH probably "Be The Zombie Mode" will be a big FAIL! I'll never play again until a patch and I'm sure that a lot of other players will forget this mode.

Any official news?

This mode isn't unplayable now. Too many high level survivors. They HUNT me...no sense! I'm the HUNTER!

If techalnd doens't fix some big problems of the NH probably "Be The Zombie Mode" will be a big FAIL! I'll never play again until a patch and I'm sure that a lot of other players will forget this mode.

Could try what i do to get level ups..... troll people on low level missions in Slums.....  Though some of them are still high level, and even low level survivors can do some damage if they know how to use UV and dodge.

You know you can get skill-points to upgrade the hunter right?  When groups are using the UV on me I usually air-ground pound, UV shield, and then use the UV cancelling spit. Energy being gone doesn't mean you die, especially if you make use of the ground pound, spits, or tackle. I went on a 20+ win streak last night, if you play smart the hunter does exactly what its supposed to.

THis is all well and true, but a hunter cant spit out a flare. A hunter cannot compete with a oneshot high end katana that shreads both hunter and nest in one hit. You may have gone on a 20+ kill streak against a nubblete, but try taking on someone with items to spare. NH is just an early game horror. End game NH is a joke, and an easily dispatched one at that.

So what if the night hunter dies once per game? Is the survivor not the one that loses if he dies? NH can die as many times as they want. And if you get dropped to 8 hp it was a power attack, sorry but if you see a guy charging an attack, and charge in that is on you. And are you really complaining about having to charge ground pound? You do realize there is an upgrade that lets you not only charge it while moving (still move faster than survivor btw.) AND and aerial ground pound version? You can easily tendril out of the survivors sense range in seconds, quickly zoom back and aerial ground pound uv spit. OHH and do I even need to talk about the infinite spit every single NH seems to be abusing? Funny how you all asking for buffs, but that has not been mentioned once. Only way I have been one shot after the patch is ground pound or drop attack. Prove these videos are post patch.

You guys want counters, and buffs, and all these buffs when you have been one shotting and dropping an entire group of 4 players (half the game won in seconds). Take away tendrils and move as fast as the survivor, that would be FAIR. I bet more than half of these people asking for buffs to an already op 1on1 class are abusing infinite spit too.

One on one i shread hunters. I wont divulge how. But its not that hard. Hunters are a joke. Inf spit? NEVER seen this, even if i had, spits are a joke as well. UV spit? useless. Ill just pop flares. Hoard spit? Useless. I can run on rooftops, and bombers are slow. If your getting shreaded 1v1 by a hunter, you or your gear sucks. 1v4 is even more laughable when you have multiplue people with decent weaponry and flares.

All I have to say about this night hunter is.... Be chupacabra patient. I should know since I am a lvl 45 zombie player. I have come across all kinds of player. From back to back uv lights, flair trails, air strike trails, expcalibur swords, and random bs like doing a pounce and lags to the point where I am on the roof and they r halfway to the nest. But over all I still end out coming on top. I win majority of my games from 1v1 to 4v1. If anyone wants to challenge me go on ahead. My gamer tag is kindom hearts. I also stream my gameplays so other zombie player and pick up a thing or two.

All I have to say about this night hunter is.... Be chupacabra patient. I should know since I am a lvl 45 zombie player. I have come across all kinds of player. From back to back uv lights, flair trails, air strike trails, expcalibur swords, and random bs like doing a pounce and lags to the point where I am on the roof and they r halfway to the nest. But over all I still end out coming on top. I win majority of my games from 1v1 to 4v1. If anyone wants to challenge me go on ahead. My gamer tag is kindom hearts. I also stream my gameplays so other zombie player and pick up a thing or two.

How can you be pantient when your only opportunity to stop them is when they're en route to your nest? And they are running pretty fast mind you thanks to NH poitions.

As soon as they reach your nest it's over because endgame weapons one shot everything, doesn't even have to be a two handed weapon or a charge attack. Not to mention dynamite will also one shot your nest making the need to for them to be close obsolete. So to prevent losing a nest in under 15 seconds you must stop them before they get there. But this isn't easy either because the whole way there they're either looking at you waiting for a chance to use UV or they're using camoflauge + NH poition and sprinting towards the nest. With little to no options to deal with them up close and how long the cooldown is for your spits (if you even get one off) exactly when is the right opportunity to strike? There isn't. It's always now or never and if you don't prevent them from just reaching the nest then you already lost.

Edited by jcks

What I would like to know, is Why do the Humans have so many Tools and Advantages against the Night Hunter.

• Spammable Survivor Sense: Gives Radar Location and Highlights NH in Game World Via Radial Orange Ping.
  • Near Unlimited UV, with Very Fast Recharging.
  • Spammable Flares. With Seemingly Limitless Supply.
  • Dynamic Music when NH Approaches, And Warning from Character, "Something's Not Right I Can Feel It"
  • Jump Over NH Tackle and Immediately Follow Up with a "Death From Above"
  • Lock On Dropkicks, Which NH has no way to Dodge as its a Locked Animation.
  • Very Low Damage when Knocked off Roof Via Ground Pound or Tackle. "Seems Pre-set" Regardless of How Far They Fall.