NeoStaticZ

"night Hunter" Don't Make Me Laugh...

Valeera...you on PS4? You seem like you would be fun to play against. My group has massacred every Invader put against us since level 9(we are all maxed now except one at Agi 22). Sad fact is some people don't know how to use NH and make excuses about it. For all the skilled out there on PSN my tag is same as here and I can be invaded anytime...swing on by and say hello,lol.

No sorry, im on Xbox :/

2 days ago I would disegree with Valeera and said that stalker is UP and needs a lot of changes. Today I agree with him. Why - because im fully upgraded, comfortable with using my skills and more experienced. It takes some time to get to this point guys so just keep playing :)

Lol im a girl? But yah it gets pretty fun! I havent been able to find a match in a while though, so im still just 18 or 19.

Just because you haven't had problems playing as the Night Hunter, it certainly doesn't mean that he isn't UP. If any of you people play on PC, please do add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/woopgamer/ I want to see if any of you are able to do anything versus my Survivor.

I want to see if you people can change my mind.

EDIT:

Some crappy footage i got while playing. Sure, the dude i was fighting wasn't all that good. But even if he was, i could've used flares. And flares render the UV Block completely useless.

Warning: The video includes swearing, and stupid humor. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz3C6MscmAg

Edited by HaNYolO

The night hunter is weak. It's true. Even leveled up, If anyone has the weapon I have (end game katana with 3 kings, 2400 dmg) UV + 1 hit = kill. Plus, you can just spam your survivor sonar and stand and wait for the alien spider man to come to yo, because they have to.

Just because you haven't had problems playing as the Night Hunter, it certainly doesn't mean that he isn't UP. If any of you people play on PC, please do add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/woopgamer/ I want to see if any of you are able to do anything versus my Survivor.

I want to see if you people can change my mind.

EDIT:

Some crappy footage i got while playing. Sure, the dude i was fighting wasn't all that good. But even if he was, i could've used flares. And flares render the UV Block completely useless.

Warning: The video includes swearing, and stupid humor. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz3C6MscmAg

On xbox otherwise i would have given it a go.

The night hunter is weak. It's true. Even leveled up, If anyone has the weapon I have (end game katana with 3 kings, 2400 dmg) UV + 1 hit = kill. Plus, you can just spam your survivor sonar and stand and wait for the alien spider man to come to yo, because they have to.

Your wep means nothing if i never give you the chance to use it :P

But then you never get the chance to kill them with anything other than a ground pound which is risky because if you miss you're dead. Spits are really your main way of avoiding a stalemate but the long cool down puts massive pressure on the zombie to not miss, which is easy to do depending on the situation.

Edited by jcks

@HaNYoIO

Your video doesn`t proof anything. This NS cant play at all. Attacking human with the claws? Suicide! I almost never use them. Sometimes to finish off my opponent. It`s too risky coz if he has more HP than your 1 claw hit takes then you are a brown bread.  It`s like I would post a video where I fight 4 ppl who dont use UV torches.

About flares - yes use them more! They actually help NS not them if you know what to do. Also from my experiance flare area doesn`t fully protect. It`s weaker on the edges and Hunter can get you there.

Have never experienced with YT but maybe time to start and show you my 42 level NS versus 4 players (when he`s winning, not losing :) )

Edited by MORD

Lvl 40 night hunter here speaking. Im getting kills against even very high level, 4 skilled players but that proves nothing. Hunter is weak, period. You can play well to compensate the weakness and get kills but that still doesn't quarantee the victory neither change any facts. Good players will always be able to compensate UP characters by using "advanced tactics" like hit and run with the air-drop pound but still, what is broken, needs to be fixed regardless of you "geniunity" with the character. The point with this hunter whining is that the consept is broken, hunter isn't scary neither a threat, ever. If you die to hunter you suck, if you kill a hunter, you merely did decent and if hunter is able to kill you then he is good.

Anyone here boasting about "l2p hunter" can come face me in 1v1 and I'll show how weak you really are. Spits will be your only chance and I qurantee you won't win even one game.

If I can wreck any of you 1v1, imagine 4 guys? Tsch, as if you had any chance. I'll just hook myself to you, flash you face and one shot you, then I proceed to destroy 4 nests before you even manage to respawn. Yeah try beating that. Doesn't matter if I can't kill you either. I will just rush the nests and game is over before you get even one spit out of cooldown.

Edited by RiceMaster

since hitting max level survivor i have not lost 1 match against a night hunter (only lost one before that) i have gone entire matches without using uv light as flare and camo is more then enough often only time i die is when i let the hunter kill me

as a nh i have killed groups that camp in safe zones and that play well i have also died alot in 1v1 as that player will always be more cautious then 1v4 

as someone who loves playing as nh but has killed them plenty i can safely say that uv light range needs to be greatly reduced and survivor sense needs a massive debuff

Lvl 40 night hunter here speaking. Im getting kills against even very high level, 4 skilled players but that proves nothing. Hunter is weak, period. You can play well to compensate the weakness and get kills but that still doesn't quarantee the victory neither change any facts. Good players will always be able to compensate UP characters by using "advanced tactics" like hit and run with the air-drop pound but still, what is broken, needs to be fixed regardless of you "geniunity" with the character. The point with this hunter whining is that the consept is broken, hunter isn't scary neither a threat, ever. If you die to hunter you suck, if you kill a hunter, you merely did decent and if hunter is able to kill you then he is good.

Anyone here boasting about "l2p hunter" can come face me in 1v1 and I'll show how weak you really are. Spits will be your only chance and I qurantee you won't win even one game.

If I can wreck any of you 1v1, imagine 4 guys? Tsch, as if you had any chance. I'll just hook myself to you, flash you face and one shot you, then I proceed to destroy 4 nests before you even manage to respawn. Yeah try beating that. Doesn't matter if I can't kill you either. I will just rush the nests and game is over before you get even one spit out of cooldown.

On xbox? If so challenge accepted.

Edited by FierySlayer117

@HaNYoIO

Your video doesn`t proof anything. This NS cant play at all. Attacking human with the claws? Suicide! I almost never use them. Sometimes to finish off my opponent. It`s too risky coz if he has more HP than your 1 claw hit takes then you are a brown bread.  It`s like I would post a video where I fight 4 ppl who dont use UV torches.

About flares - yes use them more! They actually help NS not them if you know what to do. Also from my experiance flare area doesn`t fully protect. It`s weaker on the edges and Hunter can get you there.

Have never experienced with YT but maybe time to start and show you my 42 level NS versus 4 players (when he`s winning, not losing :) )

Let us start off with a 1v1. If you're on pc that is. I honestly doubt i'll lose, but we'll have a go at it either way.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/woopgamer/

And yet after all of that, you dont link any info on what platform we can actually find you on...

I find that I do BETTER when there are more enemies. For example, I generally find more targets in a 4v1. Even when they use mic communication, I just seem to thin them out and pounce/tackle them 1 by 1. I'm level 21, btw.

Whenever I get into a 1v1, it turns into an idiotic stalemate because every one of the Hunter's abilities can be countered by 3 buttons: Q, (use action key) and Space.

Also, I find that the claw is rather good. This is one of my favorite strategies:

UV block followed by either a spit or a tackle. If you tackle, try to spit on the guy. Chain tackle till he's at 25% health, then claw twice. As long as the guy doesn't have laser eyes and dodge your initial tackle, this works wonders. Say your spit lands after the 1st tackle. If it's horde spit, grapple away. If it's UV, move in and pounce if you have full stamina, tackle if not. If he's hit by the horde spit, he'll likely frantically try to find cover. That's your time to strike. If he's uv spitted, he'll probably throw flares. This is when tackle really shines.

TL;DR: Don't underestimate claw. If you combine it with strategic tackles and ground pounds, it can kill a guy from full hp.

His best asset is stealth. What is essentially his ONLY asset against a human who doesn't suck is stealth.

The human has a perfect counter - mashing Q. If you don't have spit or spit slam, you have NO chance against a guy who mashes Q unless you find spikes to tackle him into.

If survivor sense were disabled, I'd agree with you 100%. But, it isn't. It's like a spy who doesn't have a cloak versus a pyro, to put this in TF2 terms.

Edited by Alpacalypse

I find that I do BETTER when there are more enemies. For example, I generally find more targets in a 4v1. Even when they use mic communication, I just seem to thin them out and pounce/tackle them 1 by 1. I'm level 21, btw.

Whenever I get into a 1v1, it turns into an idiotic stalemate because every one of the Hunter's abilities can be countered by 3 buttons: Q, (use action key) and Space.

Also, I find that the claw is rather good. This is one of my favorite strategies:

UV block followed by either a spit or a tackle. If you tackle, try to spit on the guy. Chain tackle till he's at 25% health, then claw twice. As long as the guy doesn't have laser eyes and dodge your initial tackle, this works wonders. Say your spit lands after the 1st tackle. If it's horde spit, grapple away. If it's UV, move in and pounce if you have full stamina, tackle if not. If he's hit by the horde spit, he'll likely frantically try to find cover. That's your time to strike. If he's uv spitted, he'll probably throw flares. This is when tackle really shines.

TL;DR: Don't underestimate claw. If you combine it with strategic tackles and ground pounds, it can kill a guy from full hp.

His best asset is stealth. What is essentially his ONLY asset against a human who doesn't suck is stealth.

The human has a perfect counter - mashing Q. If you don't have spit or spit slam, you have NO chance against a guy who mashes Q unless you find spikes to tackle him into.

If survivor sense were disabled, I'd agree with you 100%. But, it isn't. It's like a spy who doesn't have a cloak versus a pyro, to put this in TF2 terms.

I havent got to play it for a while because of matchmaking issues, but I think if they just disabled survivor sense that would almost solve most problems?

I love stealth games, they are pretty much my favorite genre

Metal Gear solid, Splinter Cell, Thief,Perfect Dark Zero, The Riddick games, just a few of my favorite ones, but Theres no reason why every human should know exactly where you're at.

I havent got to play it for a while because of matchmaking issues, but I think if they just disabled survivor sense that would almost solve most problems?

I love stealth games, they are pretty much my favorite genre

Metal Gear solid, Splinter Cell, Thief,Perfect Dark Zero, The Riddick games, just a few of my favorite ones, but Theres no reason why every human should know exactly where you're at.

survivor sense isnt the only problem safe house camping (most have a location the hunter cant get to in time or uv light stops hunter 

also uv light range is to far

survivor sense isnt the only problem safe house camping (most have a location the hunter cant get to in time or uv light stops hunter 

also uv light range is to far

Why would people safe house camp?  It is extremely boring...  A group of friends with mics can easily overcome a night hunter especially at higher levels with access to more skills/better weapons...  There is no reason to safe house camp...  With strategic teamwork a night hunter has no chance...  We were actually hunting down the night hunter just for fun and made him rage quit...  That is a lot more fun than camping a safe house....

Edited by Evil_Barabbas

Why would people safe house camp?  It is extremely boring...  A group of friends with mics can easily overcome a night hunter especially at higher levels with access to more skills/better weapons...  There is no reason to safe house camp...  With strategic teamwork a night hunter has no chance...  We were actually hunting down the night hunter just for fun and made him rage quit...  That is a lot more fun than camping a safe house....

lets see:

1.want an easy win

2.lazy

3.unskilled

4.hunter is owning them

5.troll

do i need to not even think to come up with more reason ?

lets see:

1.want an easy win

2.lazy

3.unskilled

4.hunter is owning them

5.troll

do i need to not even think to come up with more reason ?

Hunter is owning them?  LOL... ??

Unskilled and lazy...LOL???  Maybe the first time....  After that if you can't figure out how to use teamwork with the UV you might be a candidate for being 'special'... 

Easy win?  The time spent camping you could easily end the match, it really isn't HARD you know the opposite of EASY?...  Which is more exciting then sitting still for X minutes AND NOT HARD.....

Ok perhaps lazy and trolling might make sense...

But I just reduced your list from 5 to 2....

But if the night hunter leaves or survivors leave NO ONE gains anything hence it being a waste of time...  

Edited by Evil_Barabbas

Unskilled and lazy...LOL???  Maybe the first time....  After that if you can't figure out how to use teamwork with the UV you might be a candidate for being 'special'... 

Easy win?  The time spent camping you could easily end the match, it really isn't HARD you know the opposite of EASY?...  Which is more exciting then sitting still for X minutes AND NOT HARD.....

But if the night hunter leaves or survivors leave NO ONE gains anything hence it being a waste of time...  

after the cutscene if the survivors leave the hunter gets win exp

also i have owned people numerous times as the hunter so that still stays lazy and unskilled is true

and nothing is easier then sitting in a safe spot and not moving while the hunter rage quits

what about afk people in the tower?

or those to dumb to know how to disable invasions ??

I had a group of 3 that were camping a safe house where i couldnt get to in time once just because they could, also it may come as a surprise but the night hunter CAN own a group of skilled people, ive had my fair share of people quit out after me killing them a few times.

The first thing they need to do is greatly reduce the Survivor Sense ability range and frequency of use if not remove it altogether. I don't get the idea of trying to be stealthy if they can just use it to spot the night hunter. It makes more sense to have them depend on their eyes and ears.

Any half organized team should be able to own the night hunter every time at this point. 

I think they might have switched something silently in the patch because suddenly the UV light is a lot less draining. And I mean before 'ry to rope away, get shine on and loose 60% energy' and now 'try to rope away and loose 15 - 20% energy'.

And that is against single survivors and multiple survivors.

So you admit fighting against these types of players is difficult? How do you explain four players that take things cautiously and slow.

Since I can't observe what you're doing watch my stream from last night and tell me what you think I'm doing wrong.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaxvex/b/619280992

Just curious are you not a big fan of pounce or something?  I see a lot of ground and pounds but if you notice there is a 'square' icon that appears several times but instead of using it you ran away?