Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani

Game Gets Too Easy

Its simple, above Level 10/15 the Game gets too easy, Leveling up goes too fast, Weapon balance is too high and Enemy difficulty is too low.

First the Leveling: you Level up way too fast, i only done Quests and mostly nothing else and reached the old Town with Level 20,19,19. With that

Level and everything else below, there wasnt any Challenge anymore wether at day or night. You said in your 90 min playthrough that it would be hard to get

every Skillpoint in only one playthrough ? Thats wrong, you get all Skillpoints even before you finished the Game once and thats only from doing Quests.

Weapon Balancing: good Weapons get thrown at you for nothing, as i reached the old Town i got over 300k Money and all Shops had mostly purple and orange

Weapons. Also the Weapon Damage increase per Level is too high what lowers the difficulty quite much, it should sligthly increase so that you dont get Overpowered.

The important thing, Enemy difficulty: its too low, everything gets too easy after reaching Level 15. Most Enemies only need one hit to die that includes big Enemies

like the Hammer Guys and Rammers and also night Creatures like the Nighthunter (singleplayer) get killed only by my Machete with one hit. It doesnt matter if you

play at day or at night, all Enemies arent that difficult and dont give any challenge at all after you reach certain Levels. Specially in new Game plus, its way too easy !

The scaling between each Enemy type is really good specially below Level 10 but the Overall difficulty/health is too weak at all Levels but specially at higher Levels.

In short:

Level XP gain for all Trees needs to be lowered by 66%

Weapon damage increase gained per Level needs to be lowered by 33%

The chance for purple and orange Weapons in each Shop should be lowered

Enemy difficulty or Health need to be increased by the following factors:

Above Level 5 and below Level 10 - Enemy difficulty/health increase by 50%

Above Level 10 and below Level 15 - Enemy difficulty/health increase by 100%

Above Level 15 and below Level 20 - Enemy difficulty/health increase by 150%

Above Level 20 and below Level 25 - Enemy difficulty/health increase by 200%

At New Game Plus - difficulty/health increase by 300%

That means increase by plus the percentage Number, not from 50% to 100%, it means plus 50% and then plus 100% and so on specially important for New Game Plus !

If you cant do that for all Players than add the increased factors with an added Option to increase the difficulty Level because im not the only one. I found numerous Threads over certain Forums about the Game is getting too easy on higher Levels or is too easy at all. You dont allow us to mod the Enemy difficulty so its up o you to fix that and please quick !

Edited by Weyland Yutani

I agree that the game is too easy but I don't want to spend 5 minutes killing one zombie with 50 blows to the head. I wish they would be slowed the game down a bit too tho =( seems like once you get to old town, the game progression flies from 50% to 100% in just a few missions.

Why you think you would Need 5 minutes and 50 hits to kill a Zombie ? With the increased factors the Gameplay would always be the same as it is around Level 10 what is 1-5 hits for a Default Zombie, 3-5 for a Default stronger Zombie and so on instead of one hit every Enemy including the big ones.

In short:

Level XP gain for all Trees needs to be lowered by 300%

Weapon damage increase gained per Level needs to be lowered by 100%

Erm, i do hope that first one is 66%, not 300, since it would mean that you would actually lose points, instead of gaining them. Eg decrease by 2/3.

That one probably should be 50%, since 100% means no gain at all. Eg decrease by half.

The normal mode like in the game actualy is cool but...

Make a Hardcore mode for hardcore player is a good things i think.

The best choice is 2 mode, normal and Hardcore.

The game is good ? Year ! But with more difficulties level it becomme perfect  :)

This is why we never get good games. People whines and whines and whines because "this isn't right, this need to be changed, this is too hard, this is too easy, I don't know how scratch my a*s" please stop it. The game is good end of story.

My only true issues are no female player character (not a super big deal all and all) and the ammo count is highly inaccurate with the kind of operation agent crane is on. (I usually use swords and machetes so I don't know why it bugs me it just does.

Sure it is good when you one hit the Nightcrawlers, Hammers, Rammers and every other Enemy at day and night, what a decent difficult, maybe ist time for Call of Duty then ? wft !

@Dirmagnos, it needs more then only cut off 2/3 of the XP you gain, you start the Game do 3 or 4 Quest and are already Level 4 of 25 with 2% Story and 7% Game Progress and thats insane.

If a Game doesnt give you a challenge why it should be called good ? Dont get me wrong i like the Game but the Game misleads itself. Why you should care about the Night if you one hit everything anyway, or why care about Rammers when you one hit them on the fly like "ohh i dont see it - rammer = dead", why care about any Enemy in the Game when nothing is really dangerous ? Dying Light isnt a Story driven Adventure Game where a challenge in Terms of Gameplay isnt nessecary.

I mean thats nothing new, it was the same with Dead Island and Riptide where Enemies are still more durable as in Dying Light and that needs to be rebalanced.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

Sure it is good when you one hit the Nightcrawlers, Hammers, Rammers and every other Enemy at day and night, what a decent difficult, maybe ist time for Call of Duty then ? wft !

@Dirmagnos, it needs more then only cut off 2/3 of the XP you gain, you start the Game do 3 or 4 Quest and are already Level 4 of 25 with 2% Story and 7% Game Progress and thats insane.

If a Game doesnt give you a challenge why it should be called good ? Dont get me wrong i like the Game but the Game misleads itself. Why you should care about the Night if you one hit everything anyway, or why care about Rammers when you one hit them on the fly like "ohh i dont see it - rammer = dead", why care about any Enemy in the Game when nothing is really dangerous ? Dying Light isnt a Story driven Adventure Game where a challenge in Terms of Gameplay isnt nessecary.

I mean thats nothing new, it was the same with Dead Island and Riptide where Enemies are still more durable as in Dying Light and that needs to be rebalanced.

Better to have a choice for difficulty then :)

I agree OP! 

The game gets incredibly easy, and it no longer feels like a survival game, more a sandbox zombie killing simulator with unlimited weapons, and no risk. 

There is no 'cherished' weapon in my arsenal, because by the time it breaks, I'll have found 4 weapons with better stats. 

at least the rng isnt stupidly stingy. like some games ( borderlands 2). but i do agree it does seem like shops stock too much purple an orange gear.  i have only found 2 purple items an no orange yet but i can buy pretty much any rarity with ease any time i visit a shop. maybe  they could be more expensive to buy to help balance it out.

im only level say 6/8 on each skill tree but im already finding parts kinda easy. only jus did the first drop ship quest an got the day/night cycle started properly.

im finding it easy enough to wipe out hordes of zombies with jus some firecrackers an molotovs. im finding it hard when i come across a couple of them viral zombies that run an are quick. more than one an it can be a pain but otherwise its quit easy as it is now.

Level XP gain for all Trees needs to be lowered by 300%

Weapon damage increase gained per Level needs to be lowered by 100%

How can you lower something by 300%? 

How will something improve if you lower the increase by 100%?

X-100% = 0

X-300% = -2X%

Doesn't the game get harder when you finish it, i saw some people talking about a NG+ (New Game +) after you finish the game. Zombies are said to be stronger and all...

Old town? is that the second town? i don;t know about you guys but i was not very that high lvl when i got there... well thats probably due to the fact that i did 0 side quest, and dont kill much so for me THE GAME is hard as hell lol.

How can you lower something by 300%? 

How will something improve if you lower the increase by 100%?

X-100% = 0

X-300% = -2X%

You do realize there are other mathematical operators that take into account relative changes in values. 

*cough* division *cough* 

I dont think that drastic decrease of exp gains is a good idea.

Game may be easy higher on, but its mainly due 2 steep increase of weapon dmg as player levels and finds new weapons. There is a huge difference between starting weapons with damage of around 20-30 and mid-game ones with damage close to 400, not to mention end-game monsters with damage of 2000+. While majority of zeds remain on the same level as they were 5 minutes into game(adding few special zeds here and there dosnt really make that much of an impact on general gameplay. eg player gets far greater bonus from new weapons than difficulty increases with few additional zombie types).

Imo they should just add more skills to chose from(especially passive ones) and decrease dmg progression by about 50%, so that even endgame weapons wouldnt go far past 1000 pts of damage. Gonna try modding those and see how it will feel.

And i also have an excessive amount of money on me right now, over 200k. I spend it only on componenents and occasional schematics/mods. In terms of weapons, i find plenty of those of the same(or close) level in the world, so i really see no point of spending cash on weapons in shops.

Im going to say this over and over is that current weapon damage scalling and shop list are the one to blame. 2,5k damage is just stupid enough, while totally make everything beside melee LMB spam useless. Shop list in the other hand always give you latest weapon tier  (mostly purple and OJ).

If the basic weapon damage get butchered for about 200 for single-hand, 300 for two hand. It should be interesting enough

@Dirmagnos: I also will try to tweak weapon damage, walker behavior (making some of them move faster like viral), and shop list (sell different item tier). But i still afraid of the stupid DMCA and prolly a ban for making the game more challenging.

Yes I agree as well, we need some more powerful zombies. I walk around at night owning the town without a problem... It's very easy to sit on roofs and just snipe the "powerful" zombies as well. AI needs to be improved by hiding. The banits need to be able to drop you faster as well. I shouldn't be FREAKEN superman taking 20 rifle bullets. Lol.. It's like shadows of mordor with no difficulty setting. I would like a mode that's playable but I can get destroyed as well

You do realize there are other mathematical operators that take into account relative changes in values. 

*cough* division *cough* 

Example please?

How can you reduce the xp by 300% and still get xp? He says to lower the xp he gains by 300%. Lets say, killing a zombi grants 50xp. Can you show my an example of reducing the 50xp by 300% and still gain xp?

I agree OP! 

The game gets incredibly easy, and it no longer feels like a survival game, more a sandbox zombie killing simulator with unlimited weapons, and no risk. 

There is no 'cherished' weapon in my arsenal, because by the time it breaks, I'll have found 4 weapons with better stats. 

making it difficult.... just use an Iron Pipe, an Oar or some chupacabra wrench and use it against volatiles. The OP in this thread should challenge thyself using that instead of using OP weapons

Edited by articnorth

Yes I agree as well, we need some more powerful zombies. I walk around at night owning the town without a problem... It's very easy to sit on roofs and just snipe the "powerful" zombies as well. AI needs to be improved by hiding, ambushing, working together. Take zombies off the mini maps. The medical kit needs a Cooldown like the grappling hook. The hook honestly needs a longer cool down. it's pretty insane at the moment lol... I would like a mode that's playable but I can get destroyed as well. Zombie ai is meh.. I want a challenge. Give the spitter a stinky puke getting you trapped in place. Slowing you down... Anything that can make the game harder. Love the game but the AI isn't great. With the lacking multiplayer with only 4 players id expect some great zombie ai. I see tons of zombies fall off buildings while I'm on a wire lol....