Imiperal

Sound Bug (Climbing Noises)

Question

Hello Techland team

I found a silly sound bug in the PC version, which appears when you keep on running and climbing for some time.

If you stop “stay still†the character still keeps making these climbing noises.

And only if you jump once more while staying still it stops making these climbing sounds.

I think after some time jumping/climbing/running the game doesn't register that you stopped and keeps on replaying these noises.

This bug is pretty annoying because It keeps on playing and forces you to jump (if you don't want to get annoyed by the replaying sound).

I hope you can reproduce and fix this bug 

Greetings from Germany

Edited by Imiperal

16 answers to this question

Hi Techland,

i can confirm that bug. Not a major bug but it's a basic gameplay issue and unfortunately happens very often (2-3 times per minute :() after jumping/climbing for a longer period without (longer) resting.

I noticed that this bug seems to start/begin/initiate always with the same audio file -> exactly at 0:07 (when jumping off the box). ... Maybe some kind of "exhausted stage'?

Here's the example :

I sended the dxdiag file and the log files for that too - see "Ticket ID - 5611".

Thanks so far and greetings from Germany ... again :)

Edited by xcolytox

I found the reason and a temporary solution for this problem :

This bug seems to occur in the german version (only?)!. I switched to english and in 6 hours gameplay the bug never occured. So the programming seems to be correct I guess there is just a wrong audio file/sample packed in the german localization.

The Techland support mentioned that they will fix this bug with an upcoming patch but until then you can switch to the english version. 

Edited by xcolytox

I had the same issue on PS4 with the beeping alarm to let you know it was night time. I tried to go to sleep and run around but it was still there. Restarting the game was the only way to fix it. It only happened once and it was before the 1.4 patch so I'm not sure if that was fixed.

I had the same issue on PS4 with the beeping alarm to let you know it was night time. I tried to go to sleep and run around but it was still there. Restarting the game was the only way to fix it. It only happened once and it was before the 1.4 patch so I'm not sure if that was fixed.

Same happened to me. Beeping alarm from watch beep all the time. 

its been over a year and this known bug isnt fixed yet? Cmon Techland.... this bug is giving me headache, the climb/jump moaning all the time when i dont even climb or jump at all!!! how can you not fix such an annoying bug? 

Edited by Samus01

Dear Techland,

i gave you (and your support team too ... plz see Ticket-ID 5611) a video link ... 

and a good hint how to solve this issue over a year ago and that very annoying bug in the german localization still exists! Even after the patch today. Thats ridiculous!!!

FYI again as i described in the video comments : "This bug seems to occur in the german version (only?!). I switched to english and in 6 hours gameplay the bug never occured. So the programming seems to be correct I guess there is just a wrong or not correctly cutted audio file/sample packed in the german localization. ..."

I'm pretty sure that this issue could be fixed with a couple of clicks!

Please don't let us wait a year again.

Thank you!

Edited by xcolytox

This is just ridiculous they replied my Ticket After more than 2 weeks and all they can say is that I should reinstall it hahaha... they care a fckn sh*t about us Players..

@xcolytox the Sound Bug occurs even in the DLC bro...

Edited by rydiinx3

... all they can say is that I should reinstall it ...

And this is a blazing lie!

The Techland Support confirmed the Bug via Email (ticket response) to me on 16.02.2015 (for Ticket: http://en.support.techland.pl/helpdesk/tickets/5611) as follows :

"Hallo Xcolytox,

Danke für den Reoprt. Ich habe auch das Problem und klicke einfach die Leertaste um es zu beenden. Eine Nachricht wurde schon an unser Team geschickt.

MfG
Martin"

In English : 
"Hallo Xcolytox,

Thanks for your report. I have the problem too and just click on space the exit it. A message to our team has been sent.

Greetings
Martin"

"Reinstall the game" ... lol ... what an unbelievably bad support!
Edited by xcolytox