Sign in to follow this  
Wabicks

Guns!

Hello Devs!

First of all, great game! Although I enjoyed it a lot more when I was just starting the game, I think that this will be one of the best Zombie-Games of the next few years. However, I am a noob! Sadly. I am only around 25% percent through the Main-Story and less through the Side-Quests. I was watching someone stream the game before I purchased it, and he was LESS progressed through the game, and had better weapons than me AND he could buy ammo from the Trade Stations! How! Lol, I love melee in this game, but I really love the peace of mind I get knowing that if chupacabra goes down, I have a fully loaded AR with 2 mags and 1911 clipped to my left leg. How do you unlock the ability to buy ammo/guns? Now I do have guns, I have a few police weapons and a military weapon and I had a pistol but I gave it to the peace of chupacabra that I don't want to give spoiler alerts lol. So I have guns, but how do you buy them/ammo?

Way #1. Modding. Disabled as of 1.2.1, but im using still 1.2.0(with those "improvements" devs can stick 1.2.1 up their...), so dont care.

Way #2. Play and level up. Spawn rates/chances seem to be tied to player level(eg skill levels, probably suvival skill, would need to check). I have 12/14/19 and i have alredy sold ton of handguns and shotguns(havent met any rifles so far tho).

Way #3. Related to #2. Raid police vans. There is several spots where you can find more than one in close vicinity. Personal favourite is bridge end - theres 5 vans there. Bridge is packed with zeds, but they are weak and can be simply farmed for exp, plus with camouflage its fairly easy to pick those locks undisturbed(they are very hard tho, so it takes some probing). Police vans spawn firearms, ammo and average quality melee weapons in them.

Way #1. Modding. Disabled as of 1.2.1, but im using still 1.2.0(with those "improvements" devs can stick 1.2.1 up their...), so dont care.

Way #2. Play and level up. Spawn rates/chances seem to be tied to player level(eg skill levels, probably suvival skill, would need to check). I have 12/14/19 and i have alredy sold ton of handguns and shotguns(havent met any rifles so far tho).

Way #3. Related to #2. Raid police vans. There is several spots where you can find more than one in close vicinity. Personal favourite is bridge end - theres 5 vans there. Bridge is packed with zeds, but they are weak and can be simply farmed for exp, plus with camouflage its fairly easy to pick those locks undisturbed(they are very hard tho, so it takes some probing). Police vans spawn firearms, ammo and average quality melee weapons in them.

Hello. Thanks for your reply. I got the rifles by doing a side quest. Talk to the guy by the quartermaster at the tower. He will tell you that "Jafar" (One of the people you collected money from for Rais) needs some help. Go to "Jafar", and he will tell you about a transmission he heard over the radio. He will tell you to investigate. It will lead you to a construction-type site and you will have to kill some of Rais' men. They will have Assault Rifles. Once you kill them, you can pick up their weapon AND ammo by walking over the gun. Molotov's work very well, but if you don't have any or can't craft them, Throwing Star's are a great alternative. Brute force, my favorite approach, isn't recommended, but, it's do-able.

Yup, it is possible to get a pistol almost immediately in game(if you look from tower to the SEE, then theres a power station, on map it occupies almost square area on the edge of the map; now if you head east from power station, then few clicks away theres a house, that stands alone in the middle of nowhere, it has a sign in front of it, something like "take whatever you need, i dont need it anymore" - inside is a dead dude with a handgun and his brains all over the wall). But it will have only 4 bulelts with it and there is no way of gettign additional ammo untill you start raiding police vans and are at least 5+ level in survival. I just made survival to 12 and instantly both rifle types appearad in stores. Handgun apprears earlier, then shotgun, then both rifles.

Since game has rather bad money sink system, then im currently just stockpiling ammo. Even after buying all the parts on sale in shop i still manage to earn more than i spend. Around 160k bucks and around 80k worth of jewelry alredy. Have no idea what to do with this stuff.