Sign in to follow this  
kittykilljoy

Let Down

I hope you guys at Techland can sleep well at night.  Just bought the digital version for the PS4, and I have quickly discovered that this game is absolutely horrible!  Controls are laughable, and that laugh is only dwarfed by the "alternate" controls!  How many video game have similar layouts that all worked?  WHY WOULD YOU THINK CHANGING THAT BASIC LAYOUT WAS A GOOD IDEA!?  I played this game for 2...maybe 3 hours...and then attempted to get sony to take it back.  To no avail.  Good job at making sure I NEVER purchase another game that comes from your studio!  Bungie should thank you guys with every bone in their body, as they have skyrocketed back to the top of the developers list for me after seeing this vomit inducing pathetic excuse of coding you guys at techland call a "masterpiece".  I've actually created better masterpieces in the sanctity of my bathroom after eating Taco Bell for a month straight!  Hurt me less coming out than this sorry excuse for entertainment to boot.

Apparently it's just too difficult to do anything different than what your pre-programmed brain is used to - sorry but this frothing rant is overkill compared to the level of 'crisis' it actually is.  Sure they could have offered a choice to remap and probly should have (and maybe will in a patch?), but it's really not their fault that you can't learn a new trick and because you can't, feel entitled to a complete refund.

Or perhaps the programmers have no clue what actually works, nor do they have any realistic idea of a solid metal object. Trust me, if someone beat you in the head until a pipe wrench broke, they would be there a long long time. As for the button configuration, it is not a comfortable set up. There is a reason 99% of all games use the X button. R1 is just not a reasonable button. My points are completely valid. I should have known this game would be almost an exact copy of the almost equally terrible dead island. True, it is my fault for thinking that they might actually improve on their previous titles.

You need to use camera in this game while jumping, parkouring your way from rooftop to rooftop etc. which is simply impossible (well, possible using "the claw" but uncomfotable as hell) to do with X, R1 is a much better choice, at first I was put off by that too, but after a while it became natural, controls are good.

So stop crying and go back to destiny or some other shooter.

Edited by Bansai

You need to use camera in this game while jumping, parkouring your way from rooftop to rooftop etc. which is simply impossible (well, possible using "the claw" but uncomfotable as hell) to do with X, R1 is a much better choice, at first I was put off by that too, but after a while it became natural, controls are good.

So stop crying and go back to destiny or some other shooter.

I never stopped playing Destiny.  I was just using the lack of the ability to change the controls up a bit more than just swapping between R1 and R2 or L1 and L2 as the first point of my disappointment with the game.  It has way too many flaws.  Even the "open world multiplayer" is a joke.  4 people in a game at a time?  Could have played CoD Zombies for that.  I like the responsiveness of the zeds, I just felt like they completely rushed the release.  The SAME thing happened with Dead Island.  Had potential to be a great game, but instead of setting a later release date (and actually working out all of the issues) they fell victim to being forced to release it before they could do that.  I will continue to keep an eye on this game, and though it doesn't seem likely, I hope they do fix the multiple issues I see.  Another great example is, an electric trap will kill a zed, but my electric charged pipe won't always kill them?  How can a zed with a cement block on a pole cause a puddle to ignite but my molotov wouldn't?  Seems strange cement is a great fire starter, but FIRE isn't.  Anyway, this title is still a huge let down.

Kittykilljoy. I HEAR you. Using RB1 at first seems terrible. I felt the same way, as I think most people did. But it actually makes sense in this game. You MUST be able to move the camera at all times in this game if the jump button had to be used with your right thumb this game would not work. It takes a while to reprogram your brain, but once you do you realize there is no way you could play the game with the jump button anywhere else. Hats off to Techland for realizing this and staying with it, Now if they would only fix that inventory/level loss glitch...

I hope you guys at Techland can sleep well at night.  Just bought the digital version for the PS4, and I have quickly discovered that this game is absolutely horrible!  Controls are laughable, and that laugh is only dwarfed by the "alternate" controls!  How many video game have similar layouts that all worked?  WHY WOULD YOU THINK CHANGING THAT BASIC LAYOUT WAS A GOOD IDEA!?  I played this game for 2...maybe 3 hours...and then attempted to get sony to take it back.  To no avail.  Good job at making sure I NEVER purchase another game that comes from your studio!  Bungie should thank you guys with every bone in their body, as they have skyrocketed back to the top of the developers list for me after seeing this vomit inducing pathetic excuse of coding you guys at techland call a "masterpiece".  I've actually created better masterpieces in the sanctity of my bathroom after eating Taco Bell for a month straight!  Hurt me less coming out than this sorry excuse for entertainment to boot.

You must understand something, in this day and age its partially up to the consumer to do a little research before buying a game, whether they borrow the game, find a demo or watch a plethora of videos online.

If you don't like the game and didn't do some research then the blame is not on the developer for their bad experience.

In the world of the internet we say "If you don't f****** like it then move along and leave us alone"

Before you go off on the devs,just think before you type.

Game companies like(Techland) make games for a living.

Wouldn't you think that they'd tried many different button configurations before settling on one that works?

I and many other gamers don't seem to have a problem with the button configuration.

As a matter of fact,it works really well what with the running,jumping and parkour abilities the character(Kyle Crane) has.

I've said it in another post,and as others have stated that the button configuration in Dying Light works AND makes sense.

It would be counter-intuitive otherwise.

I guess you'll just have to adapt or...move along I guess.

I chupacabra hated the using the right shoulder button to jump. It made the game really awkward to play. I got used to it after a few days and can understand why it's this way. It works great! I love how time slows down when you press the Y button to look behind you. chupacabra awesome! Yo Techland!  I chupacabra LOVE this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, let me start off by saying i've been anticipating this game since its announcement. the park core looked flawless, the zombies all most i am legend stats. and the stealth seem compelling. also once i heard you can use guns, i thought. maybe this game will revolutionize all of these different gaming genres. my friend recommended i play dead island before its released. i did, for like 10$. i thought it was alright. I pre-order this game in high hopes to say the least. i was severely let down because of it.

Now, this game in no way revolutionize any thing in any way. instead, this games eyes were way too big for their stomachs. every single genre i just named, stealth, freerunning, shooter, (so called sandbox) open world. is done half assed, this game should have got one of these right. Also i agree with the first comments the whole your weapon breaking, then fixing it with some metal parts and duct tape. is nonsense, should have been done with after dead island. 

Lastly. I will be returning this game with nothing but contempt for techland, and all their followers. both who refuse to believe this game is perfectly flawless. to reinsure why i feel this way. Me and many others have been complaining and asking to please fix and allow tons of issues. no option to fast travel, to difficult, no option custom music (due to the developers entitled selfs disabling it). no option to change r1 jump to x. glitches on trophies. poor match making. no option to hit with a shield. etc. So what does tech land have to say about all this... WE HEAR YOU GUYS, HERE A HARD NEW PLUS MODE! WHAT!?!?

You all truly think i would want to sit through that abysmal story and dialogue. again?! die a bunch of times, deal with load screens. find less stuff. have less medkits. again?! never in a trillion years, Ive always loved video games, but this chupacabra. is a beta through and through. with everyone else defending this game as if they made it, I have to say. This my friends is not a fun game in any way. Techland refuses to admit it, and make any effort to rectify it  

I see alot of entitled children griping here. First off, R1 to jump. Yes it is unusual, but if you take the time to learn and play, it makes a hell of a lot of sense and feels more natural.  Second is the whole QQ over repairs. If we had perm dura on weapons, what do you think would happen? The looting of materials would be pointless. Half of the game is looting. With no dura loss you would have to loot and thus the game would be a walk-through. 3rd, Fast travel. Seriously, why is this even an issue.... entitlement! There IS fast travel, not techlands fault your to dense to locate and use it. 4th, Multiplayer stability. Game is new. Network needs work. and thus, a patch rolled out that helped adress the issue. Lo'behold multiplayer is quite effin stable now.

THINGS I DO SEE WRONG however. Adding in hardcore mode. Why. Most people dont want to restart their game from scratch and play the same chupacabra we already did, again. We are looking for dlc that ADDS to the experiance, not repetes it.

Goons Range. Something about a goon bashing the ground after you dodge back TWICE and STILL HITTING YOU when you about 5-15 feet from the impact... is extreamly questionable.

Hunter is far to weak. If i can leave my invasions on "anytime" and feel perfectly safe, Something is wrong. High end Katanas, one shot the nests. Just carry flares, a rifle (in case the hunter wants to camp on a nest a ground pound... yea this has happened, because the hunter realized he couldnt take me) to shoot the nests at ranged if need be, and a modified katana. Hunters are a joke. Ive even managed to POUNCE one from a rooftop. A hunter. Got pounced. By a human. But cant pounce the human. Lol.

fast travel, techland gives you hints for obvious things. but dpesn't tell you to look at the posters to fast travel? didn't know this,not because of my density. mostly, how was i suppose to figure out look at a poster to fast travel? seems like the only one entitled is the gamers who still think its common knowledge.

Most likely the very big let down is the lack to increase the game page file, since many people have an average computer and unlike me, we don't have an option to increase or decrease page file the game use which cause many problem like lag and stuttering for people without any expertise. I have 400GB of page file and I would love to use that for the game ever demanding more memory!

In my opinion it is very important to focus on performance and smoothness which come first! I really love the game i'm so addicted to this game world, well-done guys!

I would be very happy to do the benchmark for you if you can send me the update patch to increase the in-game pagefile usage!

Edited by Raiden

Such cry much wow. Sorry for your experience with the game but as far as the xbox controller goes, it's the only setup which would be viable. People asking for A to be jump but not realising that the game is all about jumping whilst looking and moving. This necessitates you are not using your right thumb to jump as it will be needed on the right stick. 

It's the same controls as "bumper jumper" which many many games have used. To repeat my earlier statement. Such cry much wow. 

Honestly if anyone has a problem with this game then it's their problem not the games. Aside from a couple bugs.