George_Ars

opening custom door models

Hello! There are recommendations on Steam on how to make a custom door model so that it opens. Here is the link.
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/451850020334881090/?appid=239140
I tried to create, but it did not work out because I did not fully follow the algorithm of actions. I tried to clarify the details with the author, but did not receive a response. Maybe someone from our small Community knows how to do this and will help me with advice. My question is in the subject by the link under the name kerbok, but just in case, I will duplicate it here.
Posted by:
Use PhysicalSwitchDI class. Turn on m_AutomaticGate in Attributes, change m_AnimTransform to Translation, set some m_AnimRange, m_OpenCloseDuration and attach some SensorAreaHelper. You can place SensorAreaHelper by changing class from ZoneBox.
kerbok:
This is very valuable information. but I don’t understand some points due to translation difficulties.
"install multiple m_AnimRange, m_OpenCloseDuration and attach multiple SensorAreaHelper." "---- attach some --- what some (how much?)
Please explain what ZoneBox is.
p.s
If you know how to do this, but don’t want to explain anything, you can just send me a sample file, I will see how it works.

Hello! There are recommendations on Steam on how to make a custom door model so that it opens. Here is the link.
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/451850020334881090/?appid=239140
I tried to create, but it did not work out because I did not fully follow the algorithm of actions. I tried to clarify the details with the author, but did not receive a response. Maybe someone from our small Community knows how to do this and will help me with advice. My question is in the subject by the link under the name kerbok, but just in case, I will duplicate it here.
Posted by:
Use PhysicalSwitchDI class. Turn on m_AutomaticGate in Attributes, change m_AnimTransform to Translation, set some m_AnimRange, m_OpenCloseDuration and attach some SensorAreaHelper. You can place SensorAreaHelper by changing class from ZoneBox.
kerbok:
This is very valuable information. but I don’t understand some points due to translation difficulties.
"install multiple m_AnimRange, m_OpenCloseDuration and attach multiple SensorAreaHelper." "---- attach some --- what some (how much?)
Please explain what ZoneBox is.
p.s
If you know how to do this, but don’t want to explain anything, you can just send me a sample file, I will see how it works.

a zonebox is found in data folder

why not try another thing, and that is changing the mesh of an already existing door? i dont know if it's possible, but you can try modding dying light.

so if you unpack the files from the game

http://dldt.byethost16.com/wiki/index.php/Modding#Creating_Mods

you get access to the game files, and in there, there is a file called presets/doordi.pre

move that file into your data folder project (into the folder presets)

that file has the visual meshes for each door.

Preset("Indoor_MetalGlass_LabDoorA_Stadium")
        {
                SetField("MeshName", "lab_door_a.msh");

so, import a custom door model into dying light (my_door.fbx -> import into default folder).it creates a .msh called my_door.msh.

now write my_door.msh where it says lab_door_a.msh

and reload the tools

then select the doorDi object on the map, select that preset with your custom door, and set the materials for your custom door. (like for the reflection example)