George_Ars

Mirror surface

Not sure how to make such a thing. But there's one object that literally reflects and works like a mirror. It's a small weapon either axe or machette. Maybe you can find it and try increasing it's size. I'll search for that weapon and as soon as I find it, I'll let you know

Yes, of course, but unfortunately it doesn’t give anything since I can’t even see the settings for these materials. Techland developers have blocked this opportunity. Yes, of course, they can be understood. This is done so that users do not get into where they are not asked, but why not just look !?

It seems that I have formulated the question incorrectly. I will try to fix it. All Dear forum participants who answered my question suggested that I use the assets. It’s interesting for me to use the possibility of adjusting the parameters of the material of the user model in the “Dying Light Developer Tools”. And since I do not speak English and especially special knowledge, it is quite difficult for me to find out. Of course, I myself had already experimented enough with materials, (I changed the parameters of the material at random, but most often nothing happened) and the question for me is still an open question about how wide the possibilities for setting up materials in "Dying Light Developer Tools" are.
In other words, the question looks like this: - Should I even try to experiment with materials, or stop doing this because the developer has blocked this opportunity?

Sometimes you get desperate when you don’t know something for sure ..

Edited by George_Ars
error

Yes, I watched this video. I am one of your subscribers. :) It is unfortunate that too few people are interested in DLDT. I think this is undeserved. I really want to believe that in dying light 2 there will be an excellent editor even better than before.

1 hour ago, George_Ars said:

I am one of your subscribers. :) 

techland released the tools without any plans for the future. some companies release stuff forseeing the future, like letting the game be modded, giving the tools, to alow more people interacting with the game, making more money.

but techland just released the tools into the wild without much thought. they made a few videos to get people started but that's it. no manual - which would be the most helpful, i think.

oh well, let's see what happens with DL2

maybe DL isnt the type of game that would garner a lot of moders and map makers if 100% modding was allowed and there was a full-made manual? but tehcland doesn't usually allow access to their models, making the game very modable, so idk. we make due with what we have.

Edited by doomguy

Yes, everything is correctly said. For example, if it weren’t for modding, now few people would remember about SKYRIM. It’s unpleasant for me now to think that Techland devs may not bustle about at all with the release of the DL2 editor.
Wait and see.

Hey! doomguy (One more question.) I have long wanted to ask. Is it possible to change for example the character animation by replacing the existing one, for example, as you did with the textures? I would like to know if it is possible to do in theory or not. If for example this is possible, then I hope that someday I would be able to study it. The most important thing that I like about DLDT is that thanks to it I have creative ideas that can very well be embodied in reality. At least in virtual.

i don't think you can edit the animations.

hlb2nCB.png

using this we can somewhat mess with existing animations a bit, but i think for a new animation, we'd need to import our custom animation, which i don't think can be easily done.

good luck.