George_Ars

problem with drawing distance

Hi! 
I have a problem with drawing distance now.
How to implement the possibility of "dying light developer tools" to increase the range of drawing.
problem can be seen here ------>>

Please tell me which Mesh to change? I changed the level def, grass, horizon, but nothing changes. Exhibited a value of 1000. Maybe it is necessary to take into account any other nuances?

1.png

I can't check the tools now but change the grass_a.msh value (for the floor grass) and see if there's a mesh called brush, and see if that is what you need to change.

hm

seems like the visibilisty isn't affecting the grass, or it's some other grass we need to chnage it's vis params.

066KExX.png

i must have reset the vis of the map i recorded the video on, casue i can't find these changes.

still, i changed both foliage_grass_a.msh and grass_a.msh and i couldn't get the vis to increase. 

either it's yet another object we need to change vis on, or it's not working anymore.

i dont think we need to create a new brush or remove the old grass, but feel free to try.

Edited by doomguy

Yes thank you. You as always helped. I think it is always helpful to try. The main thing is that it is important for me to know the reason why this is a problem with my computer or simplified developer tools. (machine english)

Да, конечно. Но ничего не изменилось. Я использую бесплатную камеру в Dying Light: The Follow, где я тоже наблюдал за волной не так отчетливо, но все же. Разработчики очень умело маскируют его с помощью ландшафтных объектов. Движущаяся свободная камера на высоте 15 метров позволяет это увидеть. После этого я пришел к выводу, что двигатель не для открытых пространств. Кисть имеет только большое расстояние. Все вещи учтены. или все это нужно упомянуть. )))

Edited by George_Ars

Of all the available brushes, only the flowers brush has a fairly high drawing distance.

Yes of course. But nothing has changed. Moreover, for the sake of experiment, I used a free camera in Dying Light: The Follow, where I also watched the wave not so clearly, but still. Developers very skillfully mask it with the help of landscape objects. Moving free camera at a height of 10 meters allows you to see it. After that, I came to the conclusion that the engine is not for open spaces. Of all the brushes available, only the flower brush has a rather large drawing distance.All things taken into account. or all this needs to be mentioned. )))

If you want to pursue this issue you could look into the game files by extracting the pak3 file and looking for settings for the flower brush and see what difference it has from other brushes and try setting those other brushes to the same as the flowers. You have agent ransack software to search all files at once, searching with a text string. "Brush flower" "brush distance" "visibility"

Thanks, I'll do it.By the way. I downloaded two of your map in Steam. I really liked them.Due to a grass problem, I didn’t want to continue working on the map. But now when everything seems to be alright, I can continue to work on my project. Obrigado!

ah..

so i get how i set it up now.

you dont need to setup visibility - instead its the renderLod

just edit the  (mapname)_foliage.scr file in your data folder and do

RenderRangesLod(1500.00, 0.00, 0.00)

to reduce the lag see again the desc of the yt video

V7Ypgcy.jpg

Edited by doomguy

Wow. It really works and everything is so simple.Thank you! But can I ask you one more small question? All mirror objects in the game have a reflection. https://ibb.co/bWw3fxZ  
By the way, I made this screenshot on your space map.(Those Aren't Mountains, They're Waves) This is a reflection of the wave.
I understand that this question is trivial, but still.
Can I change the picture to any other ?..  I think it's called the HDR card ))

Edited by George_Ars