World Builder

Missing Old Town Assets

Just recently dove into Dying Light and the dev tools. Love the look of old town and have a bunch of ideas for maps with that look, but I'm not seeing the assets from old town in the dev tools. Searched around and haven't seen anything that specifically mentions adding them.

Is there a process for adding them in or should they be appearing by default and I'm somehow missing them? Located the .rpack files for old town but don't see a way in the dev tools to import them.

Hi,

I used the developer kit the first time too and i'm a little bit disappointet, because i only find histroical Haran buildings in the assets and just a few one. All the slum buldings and atchitectures are only available as single parts in the "meshes" folder, so i need to reconstruckt them as complet buildings by myself. I thought i get a complete citymap of haran as default map, so i could create a own Harran version, just in a few hours.

Now im not sure if i use the dev kit wrong an didn't find the right menu inside the assets. Is there any way i can get the slum architekture parts as complete buildings or maybe the complete Harran city as a start map? Or do i search things they didn't exists inside the dev kit?

Im a little bit confused, because i saw some custom maps with buildings inside, which i cant found in the assets. For example: the Rais Tower.

Maybe someone can clarify me...

best regards

I30R6

Screenshot.jpg

Those historical r the only complete buildings. Some buildings exists as a lod (Google lod graphics). U mainly have to build stuff from scratch. Edit: the trick is to learn the names of the few meshrs that make up most of buildings. This u learn easy by playing around a bit. See the mesh name begining. Intr is interior, etc. Search the meshes folder for wall to get all walls and learn from there.

Edited by doomguy

Ok this is not the answer i hoped for, but thanks for your help :)

Is there maybe a way i can download custom maps from other users anywhere? I think it doesnt make sense if everybody starts by zero, so maybe some players/developers are so helpfull and donate their works?

Once u subscribe to a map, then open the dev tools, the tools first window allows u to install and open maps u subscribed. U can then group assets u want and import them to your map, after you've asked permission to use the assets from the map maker. It's not cool just to take stuff as your own.

See my wiki on groups here

http://dldt.byethost16.com/wiki/index.php/Groups

Wiki is full of error but works fine. I'm using a free host so the errors is the host disabling php functions that I can use with only a free account and I don't wanna be paying for paid host for a wiki few people use.

Anyway I have a small blog with 5 or 6 buildings u can use.here

https://sites.google.com/view/dldtassets/home

I guess it would have been nice to have some pre made buildings but the devs just released the tools as a last resort to get people to make maps. They didn't put a lot of effort into making it easy to use. Also. What type of buildings would they premake? The cool thing about pieces is that you can make your own buildings and that's what's fun about it.

Anyhoo good luck and good night :)

Edited by doomguy