Uwwfball

No Blocking...., Zombie "stumble" And Human Npc Op

I love the game but is it just me or are the human NPC's insanely overpowered? The devs decide to not give us a block option but instead a dodge ability that sometimes doesn't even work. The NPC's get to block and do so very very frequently along with dodging. I end up having to use 4-5 medkits an encounter because of this and if I don't stay in close proximity, they just spam throwing stars with their auto aim. Some people's solutions are "well just use fire." Well you don't always have the items to make molotovs. I don't know how not having a block button is a good idea but if we can't block, at least make human NPC's more manageable. I am also having a huge problem with the zombies. After the first few quests, the zombies start to charge at you. Every single time without fail when they do this they intiate a "bite instance" when I hit them in the head or kick them (other zombies it knocks them back or toward the direction I am swinging.) Anyone else having these issues?

*Yes, I know how to play the game. I am not just pulling this stuff out of the air.

Edited by Uwwfball

Just keep getting stronger. Once you start the game you really need to pick your battles. You have low health, low resources, low everything. Its amazing when I look back when I first started the game and realized how weak I was. 100 health is really low. Once you upgrade your skills and be able to take more damage you can start to fight humans and actually put up a fight. I promise that the human npcs are definitely not overpowered. I will agree with you though that now having a block function in the game is pretty lame. The best defense for humans is to just dodge backwards when they're about to swing. Also mix in some kicks too.

you can block later on in the game when you make a shield so chill out..

Well that's a bad solution. It's not like we're using anything on the right-mouse button anyways when wielding a one handed weapon. And it's odd that it's the same as a throwable (middle mouse button).

Between me and my friends, the best solution is to just whip out a gun and shoot them in the face. chupacabra melee against infinite parry/dodgers.

Edit: I can't say scr.ew? Odd filter.

Edited by violentbydesign

I don't have any issues with humans. I hold them up with a pistol, 3 or 4 bullets and you're done. If you don't have molotovs a well placed slide and stomp works. If you don't have that, just use a knife, then kick them and slice. I have 47 Medkits....Also sleeping refills your health.

As for the biters, kicking them works great. Better than melee for the grapple. Also, there is a grapple move specifically designed to use the Biter's momentum and knock them away.

Edited by BeyondSpectrality

I don't have any issues with humans. I hold them up with a pistol, 3 or 4 bullets and you're done. If you don't have molotovs a well placed slide and stomp works. If you don't have that, just use a knife, then kick them and slice. I have 47 Medkits....Also sleeping refills your health.

As for the biters, kicking them works great. Better than melee for the grapple. Also, there is a grapple move specifically designed to use the Biter's momentum and knock them away.

you can block later on in the game when you make a shield so chill out..

Chill out? Where in my post am I not chill? I am simply posting my thoughts. Also, I agree with the other post. That is a horriable solution. The shield is pointless. Everytime I want to block I have to put away my melee weapon and pull out this shield instead of just using a melee weapon to block like every other human in the game? There is no justification for that. Just lack of thought.

The guns are a nice solution but they are harder to find in the beginning and they attract tougher virals. From playing, it seems like you want to avoid conflict but when you have to fight you want to do it as quietly as possible. It's a piss poor flaw not to have blocking with a game that involves melee combat. I have never played a game that has combat that does not have block.

I try to kick them but even when I kick them, they just stumble into me creating a bite scene. The grapple is the only way to do it as of right now but when you are surrounded by more than 2 of them, you don't have time to grapple. Just use your quick melee swings. A blow to the head with a pipe should knock them to the side.

Edited by Uwwfball

Some zombies, when they are sort of "lunging forward", still topple towards you after you hit them because of their forward momentum, whereas the ones that are standing still or moving sluggishly are knocked back. It is all just part of the AI behavior that keeps things fresh and unpredictable. 

Chill out? Where in my post am I not chill? I am simply posting my thoughts. Also, I agree with the other post. That is a horriable solution. The shield is pointless. Everytime I want to block I have to put away my melee weapon and pull out this shield instead of just using a melee weapon to block like every other human in the game? There is no justification for that. Just lack of thought.

The guns are a nice solution but they are harder to find in the beginning and they attract tougher virals. From playing, it seems like you want to avoid conflict but when you have to fight you want to do it as quietly as possible. It's a piss poor flaw not to have blocking with a game that involves melee combat. I have never played a game that has combat that does not have block.

I try to kick them but even when I kick them, they just stumble into me creating a bite scene. The grapple is the only way to do it as of right now but when you are surrounded by more than 2 of them, you don't have time to grapple. Just use your quick melee swings. A blow to the head with a pipe should knock them to the side.

I've played PLENTY of combat games without a block feature...just get good. I've had no problems as of yet...

Some zombies, when they are sort of "lunging forward", still topple towards you after you hit them because of their forward momentum, whereas the ones that are standing still or moving sluggishly are knocked back. It is all just part of the AI behavior that keeps things fresh and unpredictable. 

I've played PLENTY of combat games without a block feature...just get good. I've had no problems as of yet...

It is the most annoying AI I ever delt with haha

Well a better way to re-phrase what I said is I have never played any "good" melee combat games without block.

Are you sure you just arent that good?

I can kill a bunch of them with relative ease you probably just need to level up or avoid them

My level is high and I am rather good at the game. I dodge everything but when I go in for the hit, they block or dodge almost everytime. Your character can't block.

My level is high and I am rather good at the game. I dodge everything but when I go in for the hit, they block or dodge almost everytime. Your character can't block.

im lvl 24 survivor, 19 agility, 21 strength.

they dont dodge/block everything, if you kick them to stun them then attack they die, or wait till they try to attack then hit them they die, or strike 2-3 times while their blocking/dodging they fail to block/dodge again then they die, if you do a power attack they die, or if you pull out a gun and shoot them then they die, if you throw a projectile like a knife at them they usually die, or are at least stunned so you can hit them which causes them to die.

are you sure your a high level and good at the game? cause their hella easy to kill =/

Every time I see one of Rais's men I just pull out a bottle of alcohol, dip a piece of string inside it. Light the motherblamer and throw.. Problem solved. 

Why you trying to fight three men with weapons? Its a survival game ffs... Use your noggin...

this is also a fun strategy, my friend has like 100 molotovs to make them burn, it seems like once they catch on fire there is a 100% chance of their death

i find that if i am fighting 3 Raiz's men over a Supply drop or infected, if i move forward and attack, the AI would most likely block but if you control, moving forward then strafe left or right while hitting, there is a guaranteed chance of the NPC not blocking.

picture it as a haymaker.

my trick in this video proofe that Rais thug are not OP at all, while Crane (player) can be OP as hell. Btw, you can block thug attack by using melee atk when they are about to swing.

You can???? I will love you forever if that is true!! Also, the video was very helpful. I still think they are op at times but if you are correct that you can block with a melee attack, well that will certainly help.

Edited by Uwwfball